Forums59
Topics1,039,150
Posts13,960,075
Members144,192
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Just Ck'n, how many carry in their boat-with a CHL??? [Re: Kay Dyson] #10940586 06/26/15 01:21 AM
K
knozzleman Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
K
Treat it like the old American Express commercial, never leave home without it

Keith Morgan
Forney Bass Club
Triton TR 22, Merc 225 EFI
Firefighter, City Of Garland
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Just Ck'n, how many carry in their boat-with a CHL??? [Re: Garvin] #10940593 06/26/15 01:24 AM
F
Fishbonz Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted By: Garvin
I have a CHL and my wife and I both carry. Boat, car, grocery store, home, camping, motorcycle riding, everywhere. Call us "scared" or whatever name comes to mind to describe a person who recognizes the right to bear arms, and the importance of this right. I'm not stupid enough to think I am tough enough to handle anyone who wants to do me or my family harm by yelling at them or by turning them into a pretzel with my bare hands. I don't carry a cop around in my wallet. And I don't trust anyone I don't know, homeowner, homeless, whoever.
with all due respect sir ,how & why is what someone else carries your business?

HE aka Fishbonz
Re: Just Ck'n, how many carry in their boat-with a CHL??? [Re: SteezMacQueen] #10940657 06/26/15 01:46 AM
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted By: Doug R.
Originally Posted By: lipjerk
I always carry, boat, truck, bicycle, doesn't matter. I guess if you know when you're going to get mugged, you can carry at that time, but I don't.

Damn! Really? Where do you guys live?

I have two days left at a job I've worked for years. It's in the bad part of Dallas. I get approached by thug types two to three times a week. Sometimes, yesterday, twice in a day. Asking for money, cigs, anything. I YELL at them to get a [censored] job. And quit sucking from everyone with one. They are on every street corner. EVERY corner. Can't get gas at a gas station without being approached less than two times. For "gas money". Haha. I feel safe.

I have several guns. One I keep in my tool box at work. Never needed any of them. Never. I don't show them off, don't threaten people with them, nada. I was taught that a gun is a self defense weapon. First, I've never been threatened enough to feel the need to have any of them. I was also taught that the only time a gun is exposed is to fire the weapon. And shoot to kill. I don't think a down and out person needs to be killed. They need help. And not mine! I just reiterate that they live a [censored] up life. And then tell them to go away. It has always worked. But, then again, I'm a big dude and I can look kinda scary because I'm confident and I do not hesitate to tell them to get a life. I probably do get approached more often because I'm a white guy with a very nice Jeep. They leave thinking I'm an [censored]. Haha. But they leave. I guess if it ever got really bad, I'd kill 'em. Not a problem. Just my attitude and confidence has always worked instead of the other alternative.

My point?
I don't carry on the boat because I really feel safe at the lake. You guys that are scared, should tag along to work with me today and tomorrow. Your fear will only last two days. Unless you want to come along Saturday too to load 10's of thousands worth of Snap On tools. THAT might be worth keeping the gun handy. Lol.

I have been working public safety in Dallas for 25 years and spent 20 of it in the South Dallas and Pleasant Grove areas, the claims you're making would not work in the true "hood".

You would be dead and gone if those were the "thugs" you think they are, dude in reality you are yelling at beat down drunken homeless peeps and bums...
I always carry, boat, truck, bicycle, doesn't matter. I guess if you know when you're going to get mugged, you can carry at that time, but I don't.

I have two days left at a job I've worked for years. It's in the bad part of Dallas. I get approached by thug types two to three times a week. Sometimes, yesterday, twice in a day. Asking for money, cigs, anything. I YELL at them to get a [censored] job. And quit sucking from everyone with one. They are on every street corner. EVERY corner. Can't get gas at a gas station without being approached less than two times. For "gas money". Haha. I feel safe.

I have several guns. One I keep in my tool box at work. Never needed any of them. Never. I don't show them off, don't threaten people with them, nada. I was taught that a gun is a self defense weapon. First, I've never been threatened enough to feel the need to have any of them. I was also taught that the only time a gun is exposed is to fire the weapon. And shoot to kill. I don't think a down and out person needs to be killed. They need help. And not mine! I just reiterate that they live a [censored] up life. And then tell them to go away. It has always worked. But, then again, I'm a big dude and I can look kinda scary because I'm confident and I do not hesitate to tell them to get a life. I probably do get approached more often because I'm a white guy with a very nice Jeep. They leave thinking I'm an [censored]. Haha. But they leave. I guess if it ever got really bad, I'd kill 'em. Not a problem. Just my attitude and confidence has always worked instead of the other alternative.

My point?
I don't carry on the boat because I really feel safe at the lake. You guys that are scared, should tag along to work with me today and tomorrow. Your fear will only last two days. Unless you want to come along Saturday too to load 10's of thousands worth of Snap On tools. THAT might be worth keeping the gun handy. Lol.

I have been working public safety in Dallas for 25 years and spent 20 of it in the South Dallas and Pleasant Grove areas, the claims you're making would not work in the true "hood".

You would be dead and gone if those were the "thugs" you think they are, dude in reality you are yelling at beat down drunken homeless peeps and bums...

Yep. You're right.

Of course, if I was in public safety in that area, I'd be too busy to do anything about all the panhandling and petty [censored] too. I mean, where else can you walk along the sidewalk along campwisdom smoking a blunt and nobody, even the law, looks twice. Lol. I've often wondered just how bad the crime really is there. I know it must be. Where I live the police will ticket you for jay walking because they have very little else to do. Our police reports are still printed each month for citizens to read. Maybe about 100 calls a month. There, you can walk down the street with your [censored] hanging out, smoking weed, flipping gang signs as cars fly by going 60 in a 40. And it's "ok". Cause nobody is dead from it. The police there are too under staffed and over worked. I know they have to think that if they weren't on the run from call to call, they'd have a carload a minute heading to the jail. Lol.

Sucks to be a police officer. I know I couldn't do it. I don't have patience for ignorant folks. I'd be one of the cops getting filmed by a punk while I beat the [censored] out of a smart [censored] for not wanting to roll down his window and show some ID.

I've never been a police officer, so I'm not in the position to enforce those laws.

Try having a little empathy towards your fellow man, it goes along way in appreciating what little one does have in life ...

#MFGA
Re: Just Ck'n, how many carry in their boat-with a CHL??? [Re: Fishbonz] #10940683 06/26/15 01:58 AM
Garvin Offline
Angler
Angler
Originally Posted By: Fishbonz
I have a CHL and my wife and I both carry. Boat, car, grocery store, home, camping, motorcycle riding, everywhere. Call us "scared" or whatever name comes to mind to describe a person who recognizes the right to bear arms, and the importance of this right. I'm not stupid enough to think I am tough enough to handle anyone who wants to do me or my family harm by yelling at them or by turning them into a pretzel with my bare hands. I don't carry a cop around in my wallet. And I don't trust anyone I don't know, homeowner, homeless, whoever.

It's not. I didn't say I cared one cent what anyone else did. Carry, don't carry, it's one's personal choice. I don't care. I think you may have misunderstood my post.

Just ONCE I'd like for someone to call me "Sir" without adding, "please stop making a scene."

"The problem with quotes on the internet is having to ascertain whether or not they are genuine." -- Abraham Lincoln
Re: Just Ck'n, how many carry in their boat-with a CHL??? [Re: Kay Dyson] #10940719 06/26/15 02:14 AM
M
Mo_Cat Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
Great Post! Never did until the fisherman got murdered in Mississippi in the motel parking lot. A real eye opener for sure. Not looking for trouble and don't want trouble. Now, always a 9mm in door pocket and 40 cal in boat console. If I'm outta town overnight the 9mm comes inside with me. Stealin my stuff---I'll call for help after the clip is empty.

Re: Just Ck'n, how many carry in their boat-with a CHL??? [Re: Garvin] #10940793 06/26/15 02:48 AM
F
Fishbonz Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
F

It's not. I didn't say I cared one cent what anyone else did. Carry, don't carry, it's one's personal choice. I don't care. I think you may have misunderstood my post.
OK my mistake. You posted" Just Ck`n.how many carry in their boat-with a CHL???"Why are you CK`n?

HE aka Fishbonz
Re: Just Ck'n, how many carry in their boat-with a CHL??? [Re: Douglas J] #10940861 06/26/15 03:15 AM
Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life) Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

My point?

Lol yep some tough thugs u deal with steeze u quitting your job to finally fish the elite series?

Re: Just Ck'n, how many carry in their boat-with a CHL??? [Re: Kay Dyson] #10940900 06/26/15 03:36 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
I wish. Haha. I didn't quit. I'd never do that. I was offered a chance to make more money in less hours. So, I gave my resignation along with a very generous notice. And yes, it will allow me to fish a LOT more tourneys. So, in a sense, I did weigh the decision with bass fishing in mind. It allows the new boat payment and expenses to be a non factor and going from a 6 day a week job to a 4 day a week job and $15k a year more money. The new employer also agreed to the week in September and week in October that I will not be available. He thinks it's a good way to get away from work and come back fresh. I have a job where creativity is why I'm valued. And he thinks I'll be more productive to him if I am happy. Lol. Win win. We will all see. Maybe I will have a fresh look on life, people (even the ones I take out agresion on), and the world as a whole. Maybe. I am a grumpy guy the last year or so. Haha.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Just Ck'n, how many carry in their boat-with a CHL??? [Re: Fishbonz] #10941211 06/26/15 12:49 PM
Garvin Offline
Angler
Angler

OK my mistake. You posted" Just Ck`n.how many carry in their boat-with a CHL???"Why are you CK`n?

LOL. I didn't start this thread. Redskeeter did. I was just throwing in my 2 cents like everyone else here. I didn't come up with the title for this topic.

Just ONCE I'd like for someone to call me "Sir" without adding, "please stop making a scene."

"The problem with quotes on the internet is having to ascertain whether or not they are genuine." -- Abraham Lincoln
Re: Just Ck'n, how many carry in their boat-with a CHL??? [Re: epicoutdoors] #10941317 06/26/15 01:37 PM
G
GhostRider32 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
G
Originally Posted By: epicoutdoors
Originally Posted By: txmasterpo
Steez is kinda condescending isn't he??? "Scared people" sarcastic
Not trying to be. I just work really hard for my money. Yes, I have a CHL. No, I hardly ever carry. I was born into a really poor family. We never begged for food. We just started working. And I have worked everyday for my own money since I was 12 yrs old. Mowed yards, threw newspapers. Etc. if I am capable of coming from a poverty background to where I am today, anybody can. Honestly... Anyone. it's not condescending. It's calling it like I see it. I'm not scared. I have been at the bottom. I know what it is. I know that when forced to survive and EARN a living, most can. In an honest way too.

Off my box.

Pretty sure no one on here has any thoughts or intentions of drawing down on someone who is panhandling, down on thier luck, living on the steet, asking for a buck or anything similar. Most everyone can deal with unpleasant situations like a grown man and that rarely involves a physical altercation. That's not what it's about at all. It's about the psychopath that you may cross paths with some night that considers you no more than an inanimate object and is not interested in giving you a fair fight so you may display your manly braun.

Exactly. Here's another story. Four years ago in sleepy Paris Tx a psychopath walked into the KFC, ordered everyone out and shot another man, then walked out and surrendered to police. Now, I guess the super tough would just tell him how it is, put him in his place and make him put his gun down but for everyone else, they would need a way to protect themselves.

http://www.ktre.com/story/14652932/paris-police-center-man-shoots-kills-shelbyville-man-at-kfc

I heard a guy make a statement one time that is so true. The graveyards are full of tough people.

Re: Just Ck'n, how many carry in their boat-with a CHL??? [Re: Kay Dyson] #10942348 06/26/15 09:10 PM
E
El Skeeter Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
E
With my temper, there'd be a few dead and me in prison. roflmao

Re: Just Ck'n, how many carry in their boat-with a CHL??? [Re: Kay Dyson] #10942374 06/26/15 09:24 PM
Bruce Allen Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Haven't seen the need around Fork.

Lake Fork Anglers
Every Thursday
Daytime Tournaments.

Lake Fork Sportsman's Association
www.lakeforksa.com/

We are VERY PROUD of our Induction into the
Texas Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame.

Re: Just Ck'n, how many carry in their boat-with a CHL??? [Re: Kay Dyson] #10942592 06/26/15 11:47 PM
S
SIR-FISH-LOT Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
S
I always say Don't start none and it want be none.

Jig fisherman
Re: Just Ck'n, how many carry in their boat-with a CHL??? [Re: Kay Dyson] #10942922 06/27/15 03:38 AM
Reds Bass Guide on Sandlin Offline
Angler
Angler
I carry about half the time. never looking for trouble and would hate to use it. Just personal protection.

ShareLunker 3817
2019 Ranger Z520
Re: Just Ck'n, how many carry in their boat-with a CHL??? [Re: RNF] #10942954 06/27/15 03:59 AM
J
JoeFriday Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
Originally Posted By: RNF

Thanks for sharing. The ban makes no sense in today's times. People are in remote locations with expensive equipment and can easily become a target with no real police presence consistently evident and should have the right of self-defense.

This space for rent
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide