Forums59
Topics1,038,967
Posts13,956,606
Members144,184
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Just Ck'n, how many carry in their boat-with a CHL??? [Re: SteezMacQueen] #10939180 06/25/15 02:04 PM
L
lipjerk Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted By: lipjerk
I always carry, boat, truck, bicycle, doesn't matter. I guess if you know when you're going to get mugged, you can carry at that time, but I don't.

Damn! Really? Where do you guys live?

I have two days left at a job I've worked for years. It's in the bad part of Dallas. I get approached by thug types two to three times a week. Sometimes, yesterday, twice in a day. Asking for money, cigs, anything. I YELL at them to get a [censored] job. And quit sucking from everyone with one. They are on every street corner. EVERY corner. Can't get gas at a gas station without being approached less than two times. For "gas money". Haha. I feel safe.

I have several guns. One I keep in my tool box at work. Never needed any of them. Never. I don't show them off, don't threaten people with them, nada. I was taught that a gun is a self defense weapon. First, I've never been threatened enough to feel the need to have any of them. I was also taught that the only time a gun is exposed is to fire the weapon. And shoot to kill. I don't think a down and out person needs to be killed. They need help. And not mine! I just reiterate that they live a [censored] up life. And then tell them to go away. It has always worked. But, then again, I'm a big dude and I can look kinda scary because I'm confident and I do not hesitate to tell them to get a life. I probably do get approached more often because I'm a white guy with a very nice Jeep. They leave thinking I'm an [censored]. Haha. But they leave. I guess if it ever got really bad, I'd kill 'em. Not a problem. Just my attitude and confidence has always worked instead of the other alternative.

My point?
I don't carry on the boat because I really feel safe at the lake. You guys that are scared, should tag along to work with me today and tomorrow. Your fear will only last two days. Unless you want to come along Saturday too to load 10's of thousands worth of Snap On tools. THAT might be worth keeping the gun handy. Lol.

Lantana, Texas pretty scary hood haha, are you buying a bunch of Snap on tools?

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Just Ck'n, how many carry in their boat-with a CHL??? [Re: lipjerk] #10939200 06/25/15 02:10 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
A
I always carry, boat, truck, bicycle, doesn't matter. I guess if you know when you're going to get mugged, you can carry at that time, but I don't.

I have two days left at a job I've worked for years. It's in the bad part of Dallas. I get approached by thug types two to three times a week. Sometimes, yesterday, twice in a day. Asking for money, cigs, anything. I YELL at them to get a [censored] job. And quit sucking from everyone with one. They are on every street corner. EVERY corner. Can't get gas at a gas station without being approached less than two times. For "gas money". Haha. I feel safe.

I have several guns. One I keep in my tool box at work. Never needed any of them. Never. I don't show them off, don't threaten people with them, nada. I was taught that a gun is a self defense weapon. First, I've never been threatened enough to feel the need to have any of them. I was also taught that the only time a gun is exposed is to fire the weapon. And shoot to kill. I don't think a down and out person needs to be killed. They need help. And not mine! I just reiterate that they live a [censored] up life. And then tell them to go away. It has always worked. But, then again, I'm a big dude and I can look kinda scary because I'm confident and I do not hesitate to tell them to get a life. I probably do get approached more often because I'm a white guy with a very nice Jeep. They leave thinking I'm an [censored]. Haha. But they leave. I guess if it ever got really bad, I'd kill 'em. Not a problem. Just my attitude and confidence has always worked instead of the other alternative.

My point?
I don't carry on the boat because I really feel safe at the lake. You guys that are scared, should tag along to work with me today and tomorrow. Your fear will only last two days. Unless you want to come along Saturday too to load 10's of thousands worth of Snap On tools. THAT might be worth keeping the gun handy. Lol.

Lantana, Texas pretty scary hood haha, are you buying a bunch of Snap on tools?

Lantana? No SE Dallas. And moving my tools from where I used to work, to my garage.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Just Ck'n, how many carry in their boat-with a CHL??? [Re: 04champ] #10939252 06/25/15 02:31 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Ir
Originally Posted By: 04champ

My point?

those aren't thug types, those are homeless people

Oh. Thank goodness. I thought they were thugs. Now I know better. Haha.

Nope. Thugs. "Dey street is dey home". Just ask them. I see them everyday. One week they might be in a car, next walking. Drugs. Sucked em in. They are just trying to "hit a lick".

But, just in case they are homeless, send me your address And I'll tell them you have a room for them. Hahaha

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Just Ck'n, how many carry in their boat-with a CHL??? [Re: Kay Dyson] #10939277 06/25/15 02:40 PM
L
lipjerk Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
SteezMacQueen, are you looking for work, I need a service advisor at my shop!

Re: Just Ck'n, how many carry in their boat-with a CHL??? [Re: Kay Dyson] #10939278 06/25/15 02:41 PM
Bois d'arc Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Quote:
I get approached by thug types two to three times a week. Sometimes, yesterday, twice in a day. Asking for money, cigs, anything. I YELL at them to get a [censored] job. And then tell them to go away. It has always worked. But, then again, I'm a big dude and I can look kinda scary because I'm confident. Just my attitude and confidence has always worked.... You guys that are scared, should tag along to work with me today and tomorrow. Your fear will only last two days.

Wise words. You could learn a great deal from this man. Sometimes, the only way to stop panhandlers is to berate the heck out of one.....preferably one who is much smaller than you. Call them a name or two and then fling your coat over your arm and stomp off with a really confident look on your face. Of course, if you're trained in Tibetan martial arts you can take that kind of risk. The rest of us "scared folks" can get a CHL. grin

Re: Just Ck'n, how many carry in their boat-with a CHL??? [Re: Kay Dyson] #10939302 06/25/15 02:51 PM
R
Razorback Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R
I've carried a gun with me, either in my vehicle or on my person, for over 30 years. In all that time I have never shot or shot at anyone. I don't go around pulling it on people. I don't plan to start anytime soon, either.

On the other hand, if I am night fishing and show up at the ramp at 3 a.m. to find a guy or two guys or three guys going through my truck...or better yet waiting to rob the sucker who is out there all by himself...I'm not really interested in trying to make it a fair fight or hoping they don't use weapons of their own on me.

Last edited by Razorback; 06/25/15 02:55 PM.
Re: Just Ck'n, how many carry in their boat-with a CHL??? [Re: Kay Dyson] #10939330 06/25/15 03:01 PM
west tex angler Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
I always carry and always will.
If it means protecting my life or lives of the people that matter to me, I'm going to carry.
Only exception was at Squaw Creek because I asked them about it and I got a clear ,"no".
Also never carry in a 30.06 area.
Crack heads in the city and meth heads in the country will do anything for money, so I'll do anything to protect mine.
Your decision!

PB 9lbs 13oz
Re: Just Ck'n, how many carry in their boat-with a CHL??? [Re: Kay Dyson] #10939351 06/25/15 03:10 PM
B
Bass_Bustin_Texan Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
I just strap the AR to the front seat pedestal.

You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish. ~Unknown

Open your eyes & look within, are you satisfied with the life youre living.

No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
Re: Just Ck'n, how many carry in their boat-with a CHL??? [Re: fouzman] #10939357 06/25/15 03:12 PM
C
coachallentca Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: fouzman
You don't need a CHL to carry a concealed handgun in your boat, so long as it's not a COE lake and the gun is not on your person.

THIS ^^^^^

Re: Just Ck'n, how many carry in their boat-with a CHL??? [Re: Kay Dyson] #10939367 06/25/15 03:16 PM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
Not with CHL.....but I'm always armed....every day for 29 years....land, sea, air slinger

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: Just Ck'n, how many carry in their boat-with a CHL??? [Re: Kay Dyson] #10939379 06/25/15 03:21 PM
C
coachallentca Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
C
I carry all the time. When I leave my house to go fishing at 3:00am that's usually when the low life's hit. I have only pulled my gun once ( never fired) and it was on a pit bull that was charging me. He was attacking another a lady and her dog so I went to help. Another lady was beating him with a baseball bat. He charged me but for some reason about 10 yards before he got to me he turned away. Maybe he had had enough. The pound finally got him.

Re: Just Ck'n, how many carry in their boat-with a CHL??? [Re: Bois d'arc] #10939385 06/25/15 03:23 PM
Gungle Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted By: boisarc
Always...never mind the lake rules. Bad folks won't follow the rules and don't care who they hurt. What's the point if police show up late and write a report over my dead body....this is Texas...I always carry. If I get busted for it ....so be it. texas

This is how I look at it. The Cops are just minutes away...............and you have seconds to react.

Cheers, cheers

George

Re: Just Ck'n, how many carry in their boat-with a CHL??? [Re: Kay Dyson] #10939393 06/25/15 03:24 PM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
Steez is kinda condescending isn't he??? "Scared people" sarcastic

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: Just Ck'n, how many carry in their boat-with a CHL??? [Re: SteezMacQueen] #10939404 06/25/15 03:26 PM
04champ Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Ir
Originally Posted By: 04champ

My point?

those aren't thug types, those are homeless people

Oh. Thank goodness. I thought they were thugs. Now I know better. Haha.

Nope. Thugs. "Dey street is dey home". Just ask them. I see them everyday. One week they might be in a car, next walking. Drugs. Sucked em in. They are just trying to "hit a lick".

But, just in case they are homeless, send me your address And I'll tell them you have a room for them. Hahaha

rolleyes if the "thugs" you deal with "ask" for money, you're not in too much danger

Re: Just Ck'n, how many carry in their boat-with a CHL??? [Re: Kay Dyson] #10939411 06/25/15 03:27 PM
C
CJ.Skeeter Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
I don't regularly carry anything special in the boat. However, there have been two cases where it would have been nice to have. 1: in the back creeks of Caddo Lake, nice and swampy with all sorts of critters and meth heads. 2: Lake Falcon when they closed part of the lake due to gun fire on the Mexican shoreline. Luckily coast guard and CBP had their own mounted 30cal on their boats to address any hostiles.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide