Forum Stats
102717 Members
61 Forums
859022 Topics
11269221 Posts

Max Online: 36273 @ 01/23/13 02:34 PM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#10910954 - 06/11/15 11:40 AM Lake Fork Night Fishing Trips ( Monster fish )
TarponFly Offline
TFF Celebrity

Loc: Dallas, TX
$300/ 2 people
$50 each additional person's
Four people maximum.

With two people that's only $150 per person.

Four people will be $100 per person

Since Lake Texoma is strawberry milk, I have been night fishing at Lake Fork every night. After I launch, I turn my lights on and within 5-10 mins I have BIG Black bass and giant White Bass circling the boat chasing the bait in my lights. Any given moment you can see 30 to 50 fish all night long. The main thing I am after is the Sand Bass/ White Bass. The Sandies are giants. Average size is 17 inches and thick and we have caught a couple up to 21 inches. I also have submersible green lights that I can drop next to timber and put the battery on top of the stump. I'll come back 15-20 minutes later and they are full of fish. For a newbie to fishing, you end up breaking off more than you catch when in the timber. If we keep breaking off, I will putter out to a point and anchor away from the trees preventing multiple break offs. The action is addictive no matter what part of the lake we fish. I will be doing these trips until June 18 when I go back to Texoma. As long as we don't have any more rain to muddy the lake back up.

Wildcatlighting.com is where I got my lights as u can see in my signature below. ( this thread is not a debate on where to get your lights. it's just where I got mine.)

Click on the two pictures below to activate video.

All Largemouth/ Black Bass will be CPR'ed with no exceptions.

You are allowed 25 white bass per person. You may not keep my limit.

Trip start at approximately 9 PM and I will stay out until sun up or until you've had enough.

Fish guaranteed or you don't pay a dime.

Huge fillets.

4-8 lb bass are a common catch as well. Below is Jeff Stephens with an 8.30 pound black bass caught just last week. There are thousands more for you to catch!

Normally I can fit two limits on my tailgate. In circumstances like this, I can only put one limit on my tailgate due to the fish are too big!

The baitfish that usually show up in my lights, are no longer than 2 inches long. So we will be throwing small Jigs with a 1/16 th or a 1/32 ounce ball head jig The jigs I am throwing are called Thump Buddies made for Crappie fishing mainly. Link below are the jigs I throw at them.

http://constantpursuitoutfitters.com/home/index.php?route=product/category&path=65

If you want to fly fish - that is absolutely not a problem at all. You will have a blast.

let's help the bass fisherman out and deplete the white bass population. - which would never happen there's too many of them! But we can try at least.

If you would like to go out on one of these super action night trips, call me /text me /email me /PM me.

I am mainly throwing 4 to 6 pound line with small jigs on spinning rods or we use 5-6 weight fly rods for the fly fisherman. Flyfisherman will have the exact same action as using a spinning rod but they will catch a little bit more if they are avid flyfisherman and can cast. This is not a flyfishing cast lesson you must know how to roll cast perfectly to the targets. My lights on the boat will light up 300 yards in every direction so you can see everything.

All you need is munchies, drinks, fishing license. I have everything else you need.

#10911101 - 06/11/15 12:48 PM Re: Lake Fork Night Fishing Trips ( Monster fish ) [Re: TarponFly]
dw173 Offline
Outdoorsman

Loc: Midlothian
Looks like a shark feeding frenzy!

Pretty awesome and tons of fun I bet.

You don't say how much?

#10911103 - 06/11/15 12:49 PM Re: Lake Fork Night Fishing Trips ( Monster fish ) [Re: TarponFly]
dw173 Offline
Outdoorsman

Loc: Midlothian
Of course as soon as I send that I see the price, sorry.

#10911122 - 06/11/15 12:58 PM Re: Lake Fork Night Fishing Trips ( Monster fish ) [Re: TarponFly]
TarponFly Offline
TFF Celebrity

I just changed the price $150 per person two person minimum. $50 each additional person's up to 4 peeps Max.

#10911279 - 06/11/15 02:21 PM Re: Lake Fork Night Fishing Trips ( Monster fish ) [Re: TarponFly]
Scotty P Offline
Pro Angler

Loc: Plano
I love to night fish and usually run all the way down to Richland Chambers. Maybe I need to start hitting Fork. Those are beasts!!! a 15" fish on RC is a nice one.

#10911497 - 06/11/15 03:55 PM Re: Lake Fork Night Fishing Trips ( Monster fish ) [Re: TarponFly]
steve hummert Online   content
pawpaw

Loc: Grandview, TX.
Awesome! The sand bass on Fork are some of the biggest I have ever caught......good deal

LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum

#10911558 - 06/11/15 04:34 PM Re: Lake Fork Night Fishing Trips ( Monster fish ) [Re: TarponFly]
LakeForkGroupie Offline
Angler

Dang that looks like fun. Might have to hit you up this summer, how fast do you fill up on Friday and Sat nights?

#10911676 - 06/11/15 05:35 PM Re: Lake Fork Night Fishing Trips ( Monster fish ) [Re: TarponFly]
TarponFly Offline
TFF Celebrity

Striper Express usually keeps me booked solid. But I will be able to work anybody into my schedule. With that said I will definitely be able to find you a night to take y'all out. If you want to go out on the night trip I will make sure it happens.

FYI: at the current moment Friday night and Saturday night are booked solid now.

#10911703 - 06/11/15 05:47 PM Re: Lake Fork Night Fishing Trips ( Monster fish ) [Re: TarponFly]
Brocephus Offline
Outdoorsman

Loc: Plano, Texas
Questions:

1) how come you don't see more green lights on the lakes like you do down on the Texas coast?
2) do you ever catch any crappie under the green lgihts?

#10911803 - 06/11/15 06:30 PM Re: Lake Fork Night Fishing Trips ( Monster fish ) [Re: TarponFly]
TarponFly Offline
TFF Celebrity

1. Most people sleep late at night. The lights I use are expensive. But there are other ones that work just as well. Always remember you get what you pay for. You do not have to have expensive lights to attract the fish. You can go to Academy or Bass pro or Cabela's and buy some all green lights for hanging of the boat below the water line or floating lights or even a lantern hanging over the side of the boat will attract some fish. When I turn my lights on I can see 300 yards in any direction. Lights up all the stumps around me. Makes navigating a heck of a lot easier. The last three weeks I have been out there I think I've only bumped into two stumps with the engine. It doesn't light up underwater stumps unfortunately, lol.

If you're thinking about doing this on your own I highly suggest you go out there during the day so you know what you're getting into when night falls. This lake is no game. It's very dangerous if you don't know what you're doing.

2. Do they attract Crappie? Absolutely. A couple days ago there were six boats just like mine underneath the bridge fishing for Crappie. I bought the lights specifically for Crappie. But I ended up targeting Sandy's and hybrids more. There's a very small market for customers wanting to spend the night on the lake fishing. We usually catch 5 to 10 Crappie per night. I'm sure if I dunked some minnows under the boat we would catch some of those slabs. But I really don't like using bait. I like to see the fish come up and eat my jig in the light. The crappie are little more shy and stay on the outside of the boat lights.

#10911969 - 06/11/15 08:40 PM Re: Lake Fork Night Fishing Trips ( Monster fish ) [Re: TarponFly]
Lovfldx Online   content
TFF Celebrity

c'mon t-fly, DEPLETE that lake!!! As you know, I fish mostly late at night, but not the type fishing you're doing. But in the summer, night fishing, especially deep night fishing, is the best. I have found my big bass nearby, they finally hit that summer pattern, and they are hefty to say the least. I hit em up after 10 pm, and will stay with them as long as they stay hungry, or the wife calls, LOL!

ANYONE who has not yet fished with Carey, is missing not only a great fishing experience, but a fantastic learning experience as well. He is one of the best if not the best out there. When he was doing creek trips more regularly than he does now, he helped many of my friends, without knowing who they were! Total strangers, quick shore lesson from Carey, and Viola! They were landing fish instead of looking for 'em! Later I would get a description from my buddies or a quick sidebar conversation with Carey, and put the puzzle together! It was
Carey, helping total strangers, at least have a chance at stringing a few up.

Good guy all the way around.

Rudy

#10914155 - 06/12/15 09:36 PM Re: Lake Fork Night Fishing Trips ( Monster fish ) [Re: TarponFly]
lakewood Offline
Outdoorsman

Loc: dallas,tx
Dang-it that looks like a blast.Too many years of getting up at 4:30 and hitting the hay at 9, really just to old to stay up all night. Big mean sand bass on small tackle,nothing better.

#10929657 - 06/20/15 03:49 AM Re: Lake Fork Night Fishing Trips ( Monster fish ) [Re: TarponFly]
TarponFly Offline
TFF Celebrity

Another great night at Lake Fork. Got a two-man limit of white bass in approximately 2 1/2 hours. Average size of the sand bass was 17 inches. Biggest was 17 3/4. We also took home in 20 to 30 yellow bass up to 12 inches. CPR'ed three or four largemouth up to 4 pounds. Trip started at 9 PM and we quit around midnight. I have found by about 12-1 am the fishing slows and the yellows move in thick every night. Plus 90% of my customers have had enough by midnight. Darron tonight, was sitting in the Capt chair about 11 pm. I asked if he's ok and he said his arm hurt from the Sandies.

I'm only using 4 lb line/ white/ chart Thump Buddy/ med action 7 ft rod. Not only is it fun, but your hook up ratio goes way up.

I have sat under the bridges, on a ridge, in the timber, on points. Doesn't matter where u go. Drop lights or turns yours on and the fish appear within mins under the boat. Pick a close ramp to the bridge and it's a lot safer to fish there. Fish will hover around the support beam 15-18 ft down between the pylons. But the will hit a jig or minnow 3 inches under the surface. So fish every depth. Watch fish finder and put baits in their face.

I will be doing these trips until Texoma clears up a bit and I can chase Striper around the lake with a topwater plug. Should be about 2 to 3 weeks or less for that to happen. So in the meantime I'm a night owl.

#10929674 - 06/20/15 05:45 AM Re: Lake Fork Night Fishing Trips ( Monster fish ) [Re: TarponFly]
don the angler Offline

Loc: Dallas,Texas,USA
Good report, t-fly. Way to go!

#10932218 - 06/22/15 01:03 AM Re: Lake Fork Night Fishing Trips ( Monster fish ) [Re: TarponFly]
TarponFly Offline
TFF Celebrity

Thanks.

Here is a 10.75 inch sandy on top of an average sized monster. It's crazy. I'm fishing at one of the top black bass fisheries in the country and all I want is the Sandies on 4 lb line.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© 1998-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide