This week was totally different from last. Last week all the sunfish were on clearly defined beds. This week casting in those spots got me nothing. The fish had moved deeper and I found most of them where the bridge concrete stops and the water had washed a slightly deeper hole. Last week it was green sunfish and a few bluegills. This week it was mostly bluegills.
I also noticed the green pond scum had advanced noticeably. The hole I was fishing will be unusable soon.
I emptied the carton of WalMart nightcrawlers. On the last bit of worm a large green fish smashed into the bait. I hooked him on a #8 hook.