Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Lake Fork Report #10903219 06/08/15 05:40 PM
Guide Richie White Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Lake Fork looks great for the first time in many years. In February, it was over 7 feet low. Now, it is about 5 inches high - and we're catching fish on most of my old spots. This has been my best year since 2010. We boated 6 double digit bass in the spring, and got another DD on our first night trip this summer.

With the lake full again, I'm able to fish most of my favorite night spots from years past. It's exciting to see fish on them again. I boated a dozen good fish on a spot Friday night that's been basically dry for several years. I still have a ton of spots that I haven't had time to hit yet. So I'm very optimistic about the rest of the season. We've broke 7 pounds every night so far.

We're catching most of our fish on jigs, craws, and 10" Power Worms. The best depth is from about 5 to 12 feet. With the lake full, most of the trees are just under the surface. So, it is much easier to fish than when every tree was sticking up 5 feet. I'm doing best in those areas where there is a bunch of underwater trees. The bite has been best with a moon overhead. But we got an 8.5 last trip before the moon came up.
We had several years of low water, so the banks had plenty of time for the grass and bushes to grow. Now, the banks are loaded with more cover than I've seen in my 25 years of guiding. Its quite overwhelming. We have so many choices that we didn't have the last few years. I don't recall ever seeing lily pads growing over 8 feet deep on Lake Fork. We have em now.

Sunday and Monday nights are my favorite nights because nobody is on the water - and the best spots won't be pressured. To help me book those nights, I'm running a special offer of $250 for one person or $350 for two. If you go by yourself, that's $150 my normal rate and $200 off what most guides are charging these days.
Its understandable that most of you will want to bring a buddy, and there's a good chance that we will boat more fish if you do. However, I want to inform you that your odds of a GIANT bass are almost always better if you don't bring a partner. Good boat positioning will greatly up the odds of catching a GIANT bass. I can normally position either the front of the boat or the back of the boat to make the best cast to an area. But it is virtually impossible to position both the front and the back of the boat at the maximum distance from a certain structure without making extra noise with anchors or a 2nd trolling motor on the transom.
One way I differ from other guides is that I run an electric steer trolling motor with a remote. So I can put a customer in the front of the boat while I run the trolling motor in the back. This is very convenient for the person in front but doesn't work very well for the person in the back. With two clients, I will normally use anchors so that both the front and the back are positioned on a structure. This works very well - and we can usually catch as many or more fish this way. However, it limits the number of spots and patterns we can fish - and the ability to sneak up on a giant.
A good guide will cater to the least experienced fisherman on the boat. I have a lot of patience and I work well with inexperienced fishermen. In fact, I teach about 50 beginners every year how to throw a baitcaster. If your goal is to get your fishing buddy (son, daughter, grandfather, etc.) to catch his biggest fish, I will do my best to make it happen. But if you want to get serious about catching a giant, realize that your odds are much greater if you don't bring a partner - and better yet if you come on a Sunday or Monday night when we have the lake to ourselves.

June is the best month for night fishing. July is a close second. It is normally better before the dead of summer. So the sooner you come out the better.

Book your trip online at http://www.fishingguidenow.com/bookonline.cfm?guideID=2

I'm also available to do 1/2 day trips, and I will split trips into 2 parts at no extra charge for the rest of the summer. I prefer fishing after dark, but will work around your schedule.

I try to post a couple of pictures to my Facebook page every trip. So keeping up with that page is a much better report than what I can do in front of my computer at home. If you follow my Facebook page (actually, the Facebook term is "like"), you can get my posts without delay. I often post pictures as soon as we catch them - and almost always post the same day. So if you see several big fish in the same day, you can rest assured the fishing is good then. If you wait until I post a fishing report, you can be sure that it has slowed down enough for me to leave the lake. Go to www.Facebook.com/LakeForkFishingGuide and click the "like" option to get the posts.

Here are a few of the things that I put on the Facebook Page:

1) Pictures of clients holding fish (of course)
2) Pictures of landscapes around the lake.

3) Pictures and videos of wildlife around the lake

4) Fishing Reports

5) Updates about pages on my website

6) Updates when someone catches a giant bass on Fork

7) Basslog information

I plan to query the basslog at least once a month and post my results on Facebook. So, if you want to know the best baits to be using (for example) or you just like to see statistics, then you should "like" the Facebook page so you can get instant updates.

The link to remember for my Facebook page is www.Facebook.com/LakeForkFishingGuide. But now you don't have to remember that because you can just go to any page on www.bassfishing.org and you will find the feed.

Be sure to "like" the page so you can get the information as soon as it gets posted.

If you would like to receive my fishing report notifications by email, go to www.bassfishing.org/dbaccess/fishingreportrequests.cfm
All you need is your name and email address. If you are receiving reports by email and wish to discontinue receiving them, simply go to www.bassfishing.org/reports/unsubscribe.cfm

Good fishing and good luck. You can't catch them if you don't go.

Re: Lake Fork Report [Re: Guide Richie White] #10907822 06/10/15 01:07 PM
R
Rudy Lackey Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
R
Good report

Rudy
Re: Lake Fork Report [Re: Guide Richie White] #10909485 06/10/15 11:26 PM
P
Paparon Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
P
Really appreciate the great job you do and the reports you share! Thanks Richie!

Re: Lake Fork Report [Re: Guide Richie White] #10909546 06/10/15 11:57 PM
S
shiv Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
Great report Mr White. Thank you

Re: Lake Fork Report [Re: shiv] #10920097 06/16/15 02:32 PM
K
KenH Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman