Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Richland Chambers Last Week! #10900635 06/07/15 12:13 PM
Gone Fishin' Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
We fished everyday except for our Sunday off and had trips ranging from just downright tough on Saturday to EASY LIMITS on a couple of days. As a Guide we have a full arsenal of excuses when the limits don't come easy and I used a couple of them this week to include Full Moon, No Wind, Saturday Boat Traffic, High Pressure, and a few I'll keep secret. hammer On the three or four days that limits came easier, the obvious reason was Good Guide! thumb

We are now booking Weekdays in July and August and even have a Saturday or two opening in August or September. Give us a call and get those Kiddos on the Lake! We specialize in FAMILY FISHING FUN!

Here's the pics from last week! Enjoy!

Thanks,
Royce & Adam Simmons
Gone Fishin' Guide Service
www.gonefishin.biz

[Linked Image]
Re: Richland Chambers Last Week! [Re: Gone Fishin'] #10907068 06/10/15 02:41 AM
Gone Fishin' Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
BIG WHITES and a few Hybrids were feeding both Monday AM and PM as I ran a rare June Afternoon Trip and had the easiest trip in the past few weeks (75 Fish Limit for a threesome in a little over 2 1/2 hours). This morning's trip was FUN as regulars (Grandpa Hall and four Grandkids) put the hurt on the Whites on Pelican Island!

Booking July and August now! Let's get those Kiddos on the Water! thumb

Good Fishin'!

Last edited by Gone Fishin'; 06/10/15 02:44 AM.

Thanks,
Royce & Adam Simmons
www.gonefishin.biz

[Linked Image]
Re: Richland Chambers Last Week! [Re: Gone Fishin'] #10911847 06/11/15 11:59 PM
Gone Fishin' Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Telling it like it is.....Tough as nails on Wednesday and a little better today as we managed a 50 fish limit but had to keep 10" fish to top off the box. All on RSR slabs and from lots of locations. Main Lake Points in shallow water (12' to 15') today was where we found most of our fish. Fish that were concentrated, feeding and easy early in the week are now scattered, passive and you have to really feel the bite. I'd still recommend Pelican Island and Points as key areas to fish.

Sure saw lots of folks fishing and not catching the last two days! Hopefully will improve a bit as the weather cools and clouds and a little rain comes back!

Thanks,
Royce & Adam Simmons
www.gonefishin.biz

[Linked Image]
Re: Richland Chambers Last Week! [Re: Gone Fishin'] #10912157 06/12/15 03:18 AM
Kerry Dugan Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
thumb

Last edited by Kerry Dugan; 06/12/15 08:55 AM.

Reel Thrill’s Guide Service
Hybrid Striped Bass
White Bass
Richland Chambers Lake
469-891-1323
Re: Richland Chambers Last Week! [Re: Gone Fishin'] #10912784 06/12/15 03:18 PM
T
Tx Tree Grower Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
It's getting to that time of year where the easy limits of spring turn into a grind and a tank full of gas to put a limit in the boat. I have not been out much. Was out for a few hours late evening this week.I was suprised to see the thermocline so distinguished at this point. My thought was the thermocline would probably come a little later due to all the inflow of water. I was wrong about that. The good news about a thermocline is it tends to group the big hybrids up a little more and make them easier to target. Hopefully the whites don't do the vanishing act like they have done the last few years.

Re: Richland Chambers Last Week! [Re: Gone Fishin'] #10913436 06/12/15 08:17 PM
TWINCITY Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Looks like you have some hybrids that are too short for the keeping. Make sure to measure them.

Re: Richland Chambers Last Week! [Re: TWINCITY] #10913686 06/12/15 09:57 PM
Gone Fishin' Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Nope. No undersized Hybrids in the box. I noticed the same thing you did and started not to post because it sure looked like Hybrids. Not sure why but my Cell Phone always seems to have a little clarity problem or makes the lines look broken. Thanks but I personally look at every fish before it goes in the box.

Thanks,
Royce & Adam Simmons
www.gonefishin.biz

[Linked Image]
Re: Richland Chambers Last Week! [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #10913996 06/13/15 01:04 AM
SLABXPRESS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: kubroe
It's getting to that time of year where the easy limits of spring turn into a grind and a tank full of gas to put a limit in the boat. I have not been out much. Was out for a few hours late evening this week.I was suprised to see the thermocline so distinguished at this point. My thought was the thermocline would probably come a little later due to all the inflow of water. I was wrong about that. The good news about a thermocline is it tends to group the big hybrids up a little more and make them easier to target. Hopefully the whites don't do the vanishing act like they have done the last few years.

It's probably not thermocline you are seeing, especially if it's on the Chambers arm. In Chambers there is a distinct line around 22-25', but I'm 95% sure that is silt you are seeing from all the inflow of water. Saw the same thing on Fork a couple weeks back.

Re: Richland Chambers Last Week! [Re: SLABXPRESS] #10914023 06/13/15 01:24 AM
Gone Fishin' Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Find it hard to believe too but I really believe it's a thermocline. Everywhere you go on RC, it's there. I burned some gas today going up both the Richland and Chambers Arms (as well as the Main Lake). Started showing up faintly about a week ago and now it's very distinct. Never seen one set in this early!

Never heard anyone say anything about silt, but we have had a LOT of water come thru RC in the past month.

Other reason I believe it's a thermocline is we're now catching almost all our Sandies in water less than 15'. Just a few days ago they were all over Pelican Island in 20' plus water. Not the past couple of days.

Last edited by Gone Fishin'; 06/13/15 01:41 AM.

Thanks,
Royce & Adam Simmons
www.gonefishin.biz

[Linked Image]
Re: Richland Chambers Last Week! [Re: Gone Fishin'] #10916101 06/14/15 01:14 PM
SLABXPRESS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: Gone Fishin'
Find it hard to believe too but I really believe it's a thermocline. Everywhere you go on RC, it's there. I burned some gas today going up both the Richland and Chambers Arms (as well as the Main Lake). Started showing up faintly about a week ago and now it's very distinct. Never seen one set in this early!

Never heard anyone say anything about silt, but we have had a LOT of water come thru RC in the past month.

Other reason I believe it's a thermocline is we're now catching almost all our Sandies in water less than 15'. Just a few days ago they were all over Pelican Island in 20' plus water. Not the past couple of days.

Well, I will yield to the professionals. If Royce thinks it's a thermocline already setting in, then it probably is. Unusual this early though. Wonder what affect the closed gates will have on fishing?

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide