Print Thread
The navionics webapp!! #10895610 06/04/15 08:04 PM
F
Fishbonz Online Content OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
F
I`m quite sure all the Veteran Boaters, with High dollar Electronic on board, are up to speed on this info but for those who aren`t,and have lower end electronics, the webapp at www.navionics.com, can be used as an aid in helping you determine where you may want to fish on a given lake.You can pull up a lake while on your computer and see the sonar details of the lake bottom.These are the same sonar charts that are on the Premium and Platinum chips and you can take a look at them without having the chips.There is even a sonar icon in the lower left corner after you pull up a lake that will give your more contour details.If you don`t have high End electronics this info may at the least help put you in the area. 2cents

HE aka Fishbonz
Re: The navionics webapp!! [Re: Fishbonz] #10895624 06/04/15 08:08 PM
HooknSlabs35 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
There is also an app for your smartphone. I don't have fancy electronics and the app suits me well on the lake. It eats up your battery quickly, but if you have a way to charge it it's no problemo!

Re: The navionics webapp!! [Re: Fishbonz] #10895701 06/04/15 08:25 PM
S
SStohner Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
Looks impressive. to technological for my understanding!

Re: The navionics webapp!! [Re: Fishbonz] #10895867 06/04/15 09:49 PM
S
Stucky76 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: Fishbonz
I`m quite sure all the Veteran Boaters, with High dollar Electronic on board, are up to speed on this info but for those who aren`t,and have lower end electronics, the webapp at www.navionics.com, can be used as an aid in helping you determine where you may want to fish on a given lake.You can pull up a lake while on your computer and see the sonar details of the lake bottom.These are the same sonar charts that are on the Premium and Platinum chips and you can take a look at them without having the chips.There is even a sonar icon in the lower left corner after you pull up a lake that will give your more contour details.If you don`t have high End electronics this info may at the least help put you in the area. 2cents

I love the webapp but it's not the same as the the navionics chip I have on boat. You can't see nearly as many humps, creek channels, etc on the webapp as oppossed to the actual chip. BUT, it's still a great aid to help you map out a lake.

Re: The navionics webapp!! [Re: Stucky76] #10895959 06/04/15 10:33 PM
F
Fishbonz Online Content OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted By: Stucky76

I love the webapp but it's not the same as the the navionics chip I have on boat. You can't see nearly as many humps, creek channels, etc on the webapp as oppossed to the actual chip. BUT, it's still a great aid to help you map out a lake.
The webapp is probably not the latest updated version. What Chip do you have on your boat Stucky76?

HE aka Fishbonz
Re: The navionics webapp!! [Re: Fishbonz] #10896103 06/04/15 11:43 PM
W
Wayne P. Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
W
Originally Posted By: Stucky76

The webapp is probably not the latest updated version. What Chip do you have on your boat Stucky76?

The Web App is current data and is what you get when you do an update with your map card or mobile app.
It is updated daily.

Right now there is a glitch being worked on so some of the maps are not correct. If you have the mobile app, you will have the glitch if you do the automatic updates.

BTW, the Web App has both the Nautical Charts (Navionics data) and Sonar Charts (user generated data).

Last edited by Wayne P.; 06/04/15 11:59 PM.

Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G3N and G4N, 1198c SI, SOLIX 10 SI G3,
Helix 8 MEGA SI+ GPS G4N, SOLIX 12 SI and G3, MEGA 360, MEGA LIVE TL, RC-1
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide