facebook
Forum Stats
102694 Members
61 Forums
858523 Topics
11262408 Posts

Max Online: 36273 @ 01/23/13 02:34 PM
Topic Options
#10895610 - 06/04/15 03:04 PM The navionics webapp!!
Fishbonz Online   content
TFF Team Angler

Loc: Desoto,Tx. Dallas county
I`m quite sure all the Veteran Boaters, with High dollar Electronic on board, are up to speed on this info but for those who aren`t,and have lower end electronics, the webapp at www.navionics.com, can be used as an aid in helping you determine where you may want to fish on a given lake.You can pull up a lake while on your computer and see the sonar details of the lake bottom.These are the same sonar charts that are on the Premium and Platinum chips and you can take a look at them without having the chips.There is even a sonar icon in the lower left corner after you pull up a lake that will give your more contour details.If you don`t have high End electronics this info may at the least help put you in the area. 2cents

Horace aka Fishbonz

#10895624 - 06/04/15 03:08 PM Re: The navionics webapp!! [Re: Fishbonz]
HooknSlabs35 Offline
Outdoorsman

Loc: Burleson, TX
There is also an app for your smartphone. I don't have fancy electronics and the app suits me well on the lake. It eats up your battery quickly, but if you have a way to charge it it's no problemo!

#10895701 - 06/04/15 03:25 PM Re: The navionics webapp!! [Re: Fishbonz]
SStohner Offline
Outdoorsman

Looks impressive. to technological for my understanding!

#10895867 - 06/04/15 04:49 PM Re: The navionics webapp!! [Re: Fishbonz]
Stucky76 Offline
TFF Guru

Loc: Bedford, TX
Originally Posted By: Fishbonz
I`m quite sure all the Veteran Boaters, with High dollar Electronic on board, are up to speed on this info but for those who aren`t,and have lower end electronics, the webapp at www.navionics.com, can be used as an aid in helping you determine where you may want to fish on a given lake.You can pull up a lake while on your computer and see the sonar details of the lake bottom.These are the same sonar charts that are on the Premium and Platinum chips and you can take a look at them without having the chips.There is even a sonar icon in the lower left corner after you pull up a lake that will give your more contour details.If you don`t have high End electronics this info may at the least help put you in the area. 2cents

I love the webapp but it's not the same as the the navionics chip I have on boat. You can't see nearly as many humps, creek channels, etc on the webapp as oppossed to the actual chip. BUT, it's still a great aid to help you map out a lake.

#10895959 - 06/04/15 05:33 PM Re: The navionics webapp!! [Re: Stucky76]
Fishbonz Online   content
TFF Team Angler

Loc: Desoto,Tx. Dallas county
Originally Posted By: Stucky76

I love the webapp but it's not the same as the the navionics chip I have on boat. You can't see nearly as many humps, creek channels, etc on the webapp as oppossed to the actual chip. BUT, it's still a great aid to help you map out a lake.
The webapp is probably not the latest updated version. What Chip do you have on your boat Stucky76?

Horace aka Fishbonz

#10896103 - 06/04/15 06:43 PM Re: The navionics webapp!! [Re: Fishbonz]
Wayne P. Online   content
TFF Team Angler

Loc: Charlottesville, Va
Originally Posted By: Stucky76

The webapp is probably not the latest updated version. What Chip do you have on your boat Stucky76?

The Web App is current data and is what you get when you do an update with your map card or mobile app.
It is updated daily.

Right now there is a glitch being worked on so some of the maps are not correct. If you have the mobile app, you will have the glitch if you do the automatic updates.

BTW, the Web App has both the Nautical Charts (Navionics data) and Sonar Charts (user generated data).

Edited by Wayne P. (06/04/15 06:59 PM)

© 1998-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide