Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Really? [Re: Mr. Skeeter] #10896855 06/05/15 06:36 AM
T
Toxarch Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Don't ever ask a question in the OT. You might get one serious answer and then 20 posts that carried over from other topics. It's worse than face book in the OT area.

In space, nobody can hear you scream for ice cream.
Re: Really? [Re: Toxarch] #10897100 06/05/15 01:24 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted By: Toxarch
Don't ever ask a question in the OT. You might get one serious answer and then 20 posts that carried over from other topics. It's worse than face book in the OT area.

Yep, those guys are like a bunch of school girls. They find themselves funny; but it seems most find them repulsive.

Re: Really? [Re: grout-scout] #10897122 06/05/15 01:33 PM
W
wacopops Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
W

Re: Really? [Re: Mr. Skeeter] #10897155 06/05/15 01:48 PM
F
Frank the Tank Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
Originally Posted By: Mr. Skeeter
I thought this site was for other fisherman to help eachother and show good sportsmanship, guess not. People ask questions and hardly people answer or they give you short answers. Some people need help on lakes they've never been to because they want to be save and make sure it's ok to run and some are asking what to use cause they are trying to learn more. If other "fisherman" would help out others it would be nice, but I guess they just don't want to give anyone else info on safety and fishing tips. Good luck to those fellas

If I can give you some advice, be very specific in what you are asking for and make sure people know you are not trying to get their spots, just looking for specific technique advice, where to run safely without damaging your boat advice, or something like that. Most of the folks on here are very helpful. And like a previous poster said, some people on here send private messages instead of posting publicly. For instance, I posted about taking my nephew to a numbers lake, just seeking opinions on where to go to help get him bit as I haven't fished much at all lately. Within 2 hours, I had 2 or 3 posts in my thread and 3 private messages. The people here are more than willing to share and help. Just be patient, you'll figure it out.

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Really? [Re: Mr. Skeeter] #10897379 06/05/15 03:19 PM
TxBazzn Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
General questions get general answers. Kind of a harsh post when it looks like your questions have received replies.

Last edited by TxBazzn; 06/05/15 08:14 PM.
Re: Really? [Re: Mr. Skeeter] #10897627 06/05/15 05:13 PM
Garvin Offline
Angler
Angler
I skimmed through your posts and they are nearly all questions. Just a friendly suggestion - share the results of the advice and answers you receive. If you ask a question about how to fish a lake or the conditions, or suggestions on a product, come back on your post with how it worked out for you. Or post the results of your fishing day on the lake reports, what pattern ended up working for you, etc. The more you give, the more you'll get.

Just ONCE I'd like for someone to call me "Sir" without adding, "please stop making a scene."

"The problem with quotes on the internet is having to ascertain whether or not they are genuine." -- Abraham Lincoln
Re: Really? [Re: Mr. Skeeter] #10897662 06/05/15 05:28 PM
Mike Ryan Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Hang in there Skeeter, if you give it a little more time I am sure you will have a better appreciation for just how much information you can receive from your fellow TFF members. There is a lot of helpful information to be had, sometimes it takes a little give and take too.
Some things that I have experienced that have helped me appreciate this site more is participation in active threads opposed to just posting what I want to know.Expectations have to be tempered with the question being asked.
I am not referring to you but I do think some ask questions with too high of expectations. For example locations of fish caught when you share a photo or write about a good day of catching fish. This can be particularly challenging when you are like me a bank angler and you want to be helpful but you don't want to lose a spot that in many cases took some effort to find.
Honestly, this site spanks all other fishing sites I have visited. Talk about tumbleweeds, I have visited fishing sites that offer virtually nothing of value to those who join. There is just not enough activity to even bother spending time on them.
When I joined in 2004, I was curious about a technique that was common for striper anglers but not to me. I asked a question about the rigging and got virtually no response. To be honest, it kind of ticked me off. I think I even said as much after a day of no responses. I had a moderator contact me and give me some good advice, first don't pass judgment on your fellow members publically.
And that the answer I was seeking could be found easily by using the search feature. It was a question as others have noted that had been asked hundreds of times by the folks that had been around for awhile. It wasn't a slight against me.
The one thing I experienced that got me the best response's are participating in active threads created by other members. Icebreakers by commenting on others threads will get your name out there and folks will be more willing to help you when they know a little about you.
Hang in there, your question is a valid one. Just join in on the conversations, I think that will be helpful to you in the future. thumb

Last edited by Mike Ryan; 06/05/15 05:31 PM.
Re: Really? [Re: Mr. Skeeter] #10897960 06/05/15 07:33 PM
O
OldCrow Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
O
As a fairly new member here and honestly not somebody with much expert advice to give, I spend most of my time using the search feature. Probably 99% of the time I've found the answer i needed. Also just reading through the posts I have found topics I never even thought about and have learned a lot by that as well. This is by far the most active site I've seen. Sure there may be some negativity now and again but nothing is perfect. I see it as a tool to improve my fishing and try to take away what I think will help me the most. Anyway, my 2 cents. Have a great day ya'll.

Re: Really? [Re: Mr. Skeeter] #10898206 06/05/15 09:34 PM
B
Bine Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
The search feature works. If you want up to date info on a lake, do a search for it and pick a thread with a bunch of recent replies. You may find what you want to know or get the attention of recent posters or lake regulars.

As far as giving up the goods on fishing goes, this place is super liberal with the advice. Really. I mean, good fishing intel is more closely kept than SAC and TAC intel. These folks though, they'll all but catch the fish for you.

Re: Really? [Re: Toxarch] #10898210 06/05/15 09:37 PM
B
Bine Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B

OT answers the most questions the most. None of them are very good answers, but OT puts the letters on the screen. stir

Re: Really? [Re: Mr. Skeeter] #10898433 06/06/15 12:03 AM
jp24 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Opposite here, Skeeter. I asked for help on Cedar Creek and have had guys actually send me brush pile GPS readings.

Re: Really? [Re: Mr. Skeeter] #10898832 06/06/15 04:04 AM
Z
ztitans1 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Z
Ditto, search feature usually answers it for me, but if I do not find it every question I have posted has been addressed by someone. This is a good resource. I read through all of this and did not see what you were trying to get answered in the first place though. :-)

Re: Really? [Re: fouzman] #10899104 06/06/15 01:22 PM
B
BigDave1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted By: fouzman
Really? A Review of your 13 posts shows me that 12 are questions. Questions like "does anyone know what the boat ramps look like in N TX with all this ice",

"what's the water color like at Ray Hubbard" or what's the water color like at Ray Roberts" or "what are the fish doing at Welsh, I've never been there and have a tournament this weekend".

Water color questions are easily determined without making a post to ask. And you're going to get very little help when you pose a question like the welsh tournament one. Try being more specific and ask questions that are pertinent, not easily answered by one member. And definitely don't ask broad questions like the one on the boat ramps in N. TX. Which boat ramps? What part of N. TX?

Spot on! Always askin questions and then slammin this forum when you don't get an answer in your time frame is not a great way to win friends eager to help. Obviously you went fishin at some of these places, yet failed to take the time to give back to this forum any feedback on your experiences.

Try using the search function next time. Maybe you will get an answer or two in your timeframe! Sheesh! frown

Re: Really? [Re: Mr. Skeeter] #10899190 06/06/15 02:20 PM
lite-liner Offline
Capt. CUDA
Capt. CUDA
agreed. I love this place. I visit multiple times a day, just to see what's goin' on. The intel, experiences, & lifelong fishing buddies I've met as a result of TFF & other sites is absolutely irreplaceable.
That said, I honestly think that sites like this can work exactly the opposite, making lazy, self-entitled folks even worse. I see it here every day.
the tools are all here to make you exponentionally better angler than you ever thought, but you have to indentify & use them wisely, grasshopper......

Give it some time, build some relationships, GIVE BACK TO THE FORUM, and as said before, it will always come back to you with the TFF. always
what you give is what you get
tight lines!
-Brian

[Linked Image]
Re: Really? [Re: grout-scout] #10899451 06/06/15 05:23 PM
L
lakeforkfishon Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
L
Originally Posted By: grout-scout

Yep, those guys are like a bunch of school girls. They find themselves funny; but it seems most find them repulsive.

This roflmao

The TFF never disappoints, always entertaining.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide