texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,030
TexDawg 119,792
Bigbob_FTW 95,334
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,356
Mark Perry 72,490
Derek 🐝 68,322
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,918
Posts13,955,334
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Clean Tackle Box #10877029 05/28/15 01:50 AM
Mike Ryan Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
This rain has keep me away from my favorite fishing spots. In keeping with a wishing I was fishing frame of mind, I sure have the cleanest tackle box I have had in a long time.
I sure hope I get to mess it up again soon. cry

Re: Clean Tackle Box [Re: Mike Ryan] #10877233 05/28/15 02:45 AM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Been out several times. Did pretty good. thumb Fish are active. Be careful banks are pretty slippery and very muddy. eeks

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Clean Tackle Box [Re: Mike Ryan] #10877305 05/28/15 03:08 AM
Mike Ryan Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Banker, I was really thinking I would go in the morning to a local feeder creek. There is a creek that runs into a local lake that under normal conditions offers a nice place to decompress and catch a fish or two in the process. I am afraid all of the rain, including the rain we are getting tonight would make that a futile and as you pointed out possibly dangerous choice.

On a side note, all kinds of strange things are happening here locally. Today on live tv I watched police chase that at times exceeded speeds of 25 mph, it was riveting to watch.
Then about thirty minutes later while driving I came to a a 4 way stop with the lights not working. All the cars at the intersections took their turns to proceed except the one to my left. It was a FWPD and He/She just sat there, and sat there. So, I turned left onto the same street and looked in the rear view to see if the cop car had moved and watched a horse run by going down the same street I had just been on.
That horse with no one ridding it was moving down the street at a pretty fast pace, strange sight indeed.
If you cant go fishing, there is a lot of other entertainment out there to enjoy. eeks

Re: Clean Tackle Box [Re: Mike Ryan] #10881327 05/29/15 07:41 PM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Originally Posted By: Mike Ryan
Banker, I was really thinking I would go in the morning to a local feeder creek. There is a creek that runs into a local lake that under normal conditions offers a nice place to decompress and catch a fish or two in the process. I am afraid all of the rain, including the rain we are getting tonight would make that a futile and as you pointed out possibly dangerous choice.

On a side note, all kinds of strange things are happening here locally. Today on live tv I watched police chase that at times exceeded speeds of 25 mph, it was riveting to watch.
Then about thirty minutes later while driving I came to a a 4 way stop with the lights not working. All the cars at the intersections took their turns to proceed except the one to my left. It was a FWPD and He/She just sat there, and sat there. So, I turned left onto the same street and looked in the rear view to see if the cop car had moved and watched a horse run by going down the same street I had just been on.
That horse with no one ridding it was moving down the street at a pretty fast pace, strange sight indeed.
If you cant go fishing, there is a lot of other entertainment out there to enjoy. eeks

Looks like we are going to be getting some nice weather next week! We have a good chance of some more thunder storms Saturday and after that it's going to be clear for awhile. Fishing should be pretty good! thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Clean Tackle Box [Re: banker-always fishing] #10884082 05/30/15 10:19 PM
Mike Ryan Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Banker, that is the weather report so many of us have been waiting to hear. I don't have a lot of fishing equipment but what I do have I try to keep in good working order.
My tackle box has a tendency to get a bit out of sort when I don't take the time between trips to put things back in their proper place. So during these past weeks I have cleaned up my tackle box, the rods and reels are in good shape and ready to go, all I need is the right weather conditions that coincide with my free days and I am back in the game.
There is a creek that I have in mind I am anxious to go check out that I am betting has a whole new batch of fish from all of the new water in recent weeks. If next Monday holds out with good weather and nothing changes schedule wise, I should have the opportunity to get those lures back in the water where they belong and hopefully add some fresh fillets to the frying pan. food

Last edited by Mike Ryan; 05/30/15 10:25 PM.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide