Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,941
Posts13,955,962
Members144,183
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
A Note to Country Folks and FishermenX2 !!!The process to fix it! #10879884 05/29/15 04:31 AM
R
Ruffneck2000 Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
R
Guys don't beat me up on this one but no matter what background we come from in my experience most Country Folks, and fisherman think alike! What's your thought on US being that real political party?!!! Fisherman, Hunters, Bow Hunters, Gun owners, Concealed gun folks and outdoor folks alike!!!All views welcomed!!! That's why I love this Site!!! helpsign

'A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his, or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including ones life.' (Author unknown)

Re: A Note to Country Folks and FishermenX2 !!!The process to fix it! [Re: Ruffneck2000] #10879900 05/29/15 04:42 AM
R
Ruffneck2000 Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
R
11 peeks no speaks?

'A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his, or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including ones life.' (Author unknown)

Re: A Note to Country Folks and FishermenX2 !!!The process to fix it! [Re: Ruffneck2000] #10879906 05/29/15 04:51 AM
T
tundra rich Offline
Angler
Angler
T
I'd vote for a crappie fisherman for president.....they get up before most and tired some of the toughest terrain for one of the smallest of fish...we'll try most anything different colors, shapes, and weights...the list could go on...all this to get the job done!....yep better than most politicians I ever saw!

Re: A Note to Country Folks and FishermenX2 !!!The process to fix it! [Re: Ruffneck2000] #10879910 05/29/15 05:03 AM
Mike Ryan Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
First I want to say I love the quote in your signature. I have not ever read that before and truer words could not be spoken to the sacrifice those that served gave for all of our welfare and benefit.
As for your statement and question. I agree with most everything you have stated. I am not exactly sure what or who can be defined as "country folks" Are country folks those who live outside of a metropolitan area?
That is what I think of when I think of country folks like my grandparents who had a farm in Weatherford. That farm was their source of income. They grew most everything they ate, they had chickens, cows, and they ate the game they harvested on their land.
With that definition in mind, I am concerned that only the country folks cornered the market on values that are most admired. That leaves out a significant population of our fellow man who share the same high level of strong work ethic often associated with the American farmer. These same city dwellers that I think it is fair and accurate to say reflect a majority on this site also love their brother and sister regardless of race and have an equal respect and love of the outdoors.
I am probably reading too much in a literal sense of the description country folks as I would define those who fit into that category. For me, I think it may be simpler and not in opposition with your statement that fisherman have a unique shared interest that bonds us all whether we fish fresh or saltwater, from shore or boat, with a cane pole or a multi hundred dollar rod, we have connection that more often than not tells me I can strike up a conversation with that person and possibly even begin a new friendship just as it has occurred many times over in my life.

Last edited by Mike Ryan; 05/29/15 05:12 AM.
Re: A Note to Country Folks and FishermenX2 !!!The process to fix it! [Re: Ruffneck2000] #10880008 05/29/15 10:54 AM
OkieBob Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Mr Ryan, I think 'country' is more of a mind set than anything else. Of course, there are a lot of 'country folks' living in the city now and maybe never lived in the country at all. I've done both and fortunately, was able to return to the country to live out the rest of my life. But, having said that, I spent the past years living in the city and I don't think it changed the way I have always felt about our country.
The whole point is that if everyone that feels as we do, could band together, put our resourses together and do what we can, it could be a big influence on our government and if we are going to be able to pass on the same things we hold dear to those coming after us.
You can count me in, I need to start repaying for all I've had in this life.

I'M SOONER BORN, SOONER BRED AND WHEN I DIE I'LL BE SOONER DEAD!
Chickasaw proud.
[Linked Image]CallMatthew@972-754-1698 http://jigumjigs.com

MEMBER WALLY MARSHALL'S MR CRAPPIE PROSTAFF
MEMBER JIGUM JIGS PROSTAFF
Re: A Note to Country Folks and FishermenX2 !!!The process to fix it! [Re: OkieBob] #10880221 05/29/15 01:22 PM
Mike Ryan Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
OkieBob,
I am agreement in this case it is more thank likely meant as a state of mind. I am sure there are CEO's in the middle of Manhattan that love to hunt and fish. I am not sure if asked they would describe themselves as country folks though. Outdoorsman probably has us all covered. That said, I may have never had a rural address but no one is going to hurt my feelings if they call me country or a hillbilly.
I love to fish and spend time outdoors. I do think there are many fisherman or country folks that have some mighty fine qualities that would make the world a better place if others shared those same enjoyments in life thumb .

Last edited by Mike Ryan; 05/29/15 01:23 PM.
Re: A Note to Country Folks and FishermenX2 !!!The process to fix it! [Re: Ruffneck2000] #10880972 05/29/15 05:41 PM
T
tundra rich Offline
Angler
Angler
T
To really make a push, I think someone like us with shallow pockets will have to rely on social media to get our message out. A strategic roll out on all channels at peak hours. Otherwise we are fighting other parties with access to big business backing...or pharmaceutical or whatever....So we need a a solid message that keeps voters in tune...people can't make rational decision without emotion, so we need to touch them. Honestly I think cut out all the b.s. they debate about, attack what America really needs to focus on.

Re: A Note to Country Folks and FishermenX2 !!!The process to fix it! [Re: Ruffneck2000] #10880976 05/29/15 05:41 PM
T
tundra rich Offline
Angler
Angler
T
Dr. George Lakoff has videos on this on youtube.

Re: A Note to Country Folks and FishermenX2 !!!The process to fix it! [Re: Ruffneck2000] #10881009 05/29/15 05:50 PM
T
tundra rich Offline
Angler
Angler
T
Unless I am reading to far into this lol...and we're are only taking on the issue of race..If that's the case we could start with an annual tournament, reach out to other states to hold similar tournaments use the proceeds to market the events for future involvement.....same thing every where facebook twitter whatever is hip now days! Turn it in to a huge event over time with games and fishing and prizes...whatever we're only limited by our imagination

Re: A Note to Country Folks and FishermenX2 !!!The process to fix it! [Re: Ruffneck2000] #10881017 05/29/15 05:53 PM
T
tundra rich Offline
Angler
Angler
T
Prisons are highly segregated...been there done that and for the most part people stick to their color.....I didn't had 2 fights over it...luckily my stay was short! How we take down those wall...I dunno....I do know they will flat fight over soap operas in there...so maybe we reach them by commercials in soap operas...j/k...but those guys are released and hatred is yet born again.

Re: A Note to Country Folks and FishermenX2 !!!The process to fix it! [Re: Ruffneck2000] #10881143 05/29/15 06:32 PM
Mike Ryan Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
The only time in my 51 years of life that I remember no one thinking about race, social status, religious views, gay or straight, where you lived etc. was after the events of September 11th when we mostly stood by one definition, Americans. It is so unfortunate that it did not take long to revert back to our old ways of us vs. them mentality.

No one wants another 9/11 and it is hard to believe that it takes an event like that to bring us all together. If anything, those days and weeks that followed proved we do have the capacity to stand in unison.
I admire Ruffnecks reaching out to kick start that honorable way of living. And Tundra I think is right it has to start somewhere, why not here. But here is not where I personally have experienced the problems being discussed. I have shared a day of fishing with folks of every stripe not giving a diddly damn what the guys/gals I fish with do for a living or who they sleep with or what God they do or do not worship.
Unfortunately the media and our elected officials of both parties like division. I am convinced of that, and when the next presidential election really begins to kick in we will all watch a first class example by both sides to hammer those divisions home making many of us take sides in once again a us vs. them mentality.
But Ruffneck, I salute your very honorable proposition and you have my full support for what you would like to see come to be for all of us to have a safer and more enjoyable life. cheers

Last edited by Mike Ryan; 05/29/15 06:55 PM.
Re: A Note to Country Folks and FishermenX2 !!!The process to fix it! [Re: Ruffneck2000] #10882559 05/30/15 03:54 AM
D
Doctoordan Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
Well, I'm country no matter my current location so I try to break things down into simple manageable chunks and deal with those individually. My first impression when I first read this thread was " how good would it be if the government was run by country people". I would think we could eliminate the current political machine that appears to focus only on keeping the political machine alive and their paycheck flowing/growing.
But then how many true country boys are willing to be politicians, after all it appears to be a contradiction in terms.
We could still dream.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide