Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Strike King is the best company, check this out... #10877475 05/28/15 06:06 AM
D
DTX Angler Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
D
Before every tournament they send us a huge package of their products that we pick out. Also the owner picks people from my team to fish the triple T tournaments and BFL tournaments with some pros.
bow_down

Last edited by DTX Angler; 05/28/15 06:44 PM.

HP Fishing Team - Sponsored by: Strike King, LFT Lures, Rod Sox and Lew's Reels. Powell Rods Pro Staff.
PB LMB - 8.12
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Is knowing the strike king owner a good thing? [Re: DTX Angler] #10877493 05/28/15 09:19 AM
R
Ryorgensen Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
If I'm suppose to be jelious then it's working.....haha...

Robert
Re: Is knowing the strike king owner a good thing? [Re: DTX Angler] #10877671 05/28/15 12:43 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Sounds like a great opportunity to get a cool summer internship in the industry if you wanted.

I would make sure you take a minute and not only thank him by email but send a handwritten thank you. A company like Strike King gets thousands of requests for product per year. Those chose to help you out so make sure they know you realize and appreciate the opportunity.

Re: Is knowing the strike king owner a good thing? [Re: DTX Angler] #10877677 05/28/15 12:44 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
And we all wonder why lures cost so much.... I suppose much like welfare we will pay for someone else's free lures.

Just for clarification though, I'd take that box for free as well.

Last edited by grout-scout; 05/28/15 12:45 PM.
Re: Is knowing the strike king owner a good thing? [Re: DTX Angler] #10877679 05/28/15 12:46 PM
Brent S Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
I would like to know him.. must be nice!

Also +1 to what Mark said.

Re: Is knowing the strike king owner a good thing? [Re: grout-scout] #10877712 05/28/15 12:59 PM
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted By: grout-scout
And we all wonder why lures cost so much.... I suppose much like welfare we will pay for someone else's free lures.

Its marketing costs. Smart strategy to make high school anglers SK fans considering how many baits they will buy in the future. Its actually direct marketing to your target consumer.

Kinda hard for me to find fault with any company supporting high school anglers. uess you can if you try hard enough though.

Re: Is knowing the strike king owner a good thing? [Re: grout-scout] #10877714 05/28/15 01:00 PM
fwfisher Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler

There's a bit of a difference between a commercial and a government organization...

Re: Is knowing the strike king owner a good thing? [Re: Mark Perry] #10877842 05/28/15 01:38 PM
D
DTX Angler Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
D
Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
Sounds like a great opportunity to get a cool summer internship in the industry if you wanted.

I would make sure you take a minute and not only thank him by email but send a handwritten thank you. A company like Strike King gets thousands of requests for product per year. Those chose to help you out so make sure they know you realize and appreciate the opportunity.

Trust me I do!

HP Fishing Team - Sponsored by: Strike King, LFT Lures, Rod Sox and Lew's Reels. Powell Rods Pro Staff.
PB LMB - 8.12
Re: Is knowing the strike king owner a good thing? [Re: Mark Perry] #10877945 05/28/15 02:29 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G

Its marketing costs. Smart strategy to make high school anglers SK fans considering how many baits they will buy in the future. Its actually direct marketing to your target consumer.

Kinda hard for me to find fault with any company supporting high school anglers. uess you can if you try hard enough though.

They have high school angler teams now? Is this like a high school program or kids that join a group outside of school? I don't recall seeing or hearing about anything like this in our area, of course we don't have good lakes here either.

Re: Is knowing the strike king owner a good thing? [Re: DTX Angler] #10877964 05/28/15 02:39 PM
J
Jigfish Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
i'll take the lot for $50. How's that banana

Thanks,

The weak call it obsession, the strong call it dedication!
Jigfish

Re: Is knowing the strike king owner a good thing? [Re: grout-scout] #10877992 05/28/15 02:49 PM
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak

They have high school angler teams now? Is this like a high school program or kids that join a group outside of school? I don't recall seeing or hearing about anything like this in our area, of course we don't have good lakes here either.

Yep teams all across the state. It's a big deal.

Re: Is knowing the strike king owner a good thing? [Re: grout-scout] #10878109 05/28/15 03:32 PM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

Yes, during the spring, there are posts at least once a week asking for volunteers to be a boat captain for high schoolers. Seems like a big deal and getting more popular.

[Linked Image]
Re: Is knowing the strike king owner a good thing? [Re: Mark Perry] #10878161 05/28/15 03:55 PM
Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life) Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

Good for companies to support high school anglers. I see no point in this post, "hey look at me I know they owner and get special treatment" should of posted something like "got my strike king cranks and plastics ready for summer, man they make some great stuff what do yall think of their products" this seems like a cruddy attempt to brag about something. I'm sure the OP meant better but it comes off that way

Re: Is knowing the strike king owner a good thing? [Re: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)] #10878215 05/28/15 04:12 PM
D
DTX Angler Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
D
Originally Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Good for companies to support high school anglers. I see no point in this post, "hey look at me I know they owner and get special treatment" should of posted something like "got my strike king cranks and plastics ready for summer, man they make some great stuff what do yall think of their products" this seems like a cruddy attempt to brag about something. I'm sure the OP meant better but it comes off that way

I was trying to show good of a company strike king is, with supporting us. I never meant to come off as bragging about them as a sponsor. I was trying to be funny with the picture because they send us so much stuff!!

PB LMB - 8.12
Re: Is knowing the strike king owner a good thing? [Re: DTX Angler] #10878241 05/28/15 04:21 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
You'd have been better off with a title like "Strike King is Such a Great Company!", but I wouldn't lose too much sleep over your original wording DTX. Congrats on having what it takes to attract a great sponsor!

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide