Forum Stats
102696 Members
61 Forums
858567 Topics
11262991 Posts

Max Online: 36273 @ 01/23/13 02:34 PM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#10877475 - 05/28/15 01:06 AM Strike King is the best company, check this out...
DTX Angler Offline
Outdoorsman

Before every tournament they send us a huge package of their products that we pick out. Also the owner picks people from my team to fish the triple T tournaments and BFL tournaments with some pros.
bow_down

Edited by DTX Angler (05/28/15 01:44 PM)

#10877493 - 05/28/15 04:19 AM Re: Is knowing the strike king owner a good thing? [Re: DTX Angler]
Ryorgensen Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: Good Ol East Texas
If I'm suppose to be jelious then it's working.....haha...

#10877671 - 05/28/15 07:43 AM Re: Is knowing the strike king owner a good thing? [Re: DTX Angler]
Mark Perry Offline

Loc: Point Reyes
Sounds like a great opportunity to get a cool summer internship in the industry if you wanted.

I would make sure you take a minute and not only thank him by email but send a handwritten thank you. A company like Strike King gets thousands of requests for product per year. Those chose to help you out so make sure they know you realize and appreciate the opportunity.

#10877677 - 05/28/15 07:44 AM Re: Is knowing the strike king owner a good thing? [Re: DTX Angler]
grout-scout Offline
TFF Celebrity

Loc: Boerne, Texas
And we all wonder why lures cost so much.... I suppose much like welfare we will pay for someone else's free lures.

Just for clarification though, I'd take that box for free as well.

Edited by grout-scout (05/28/15 07:45 AM)

#10877679 - 05/28/15 07:46 AM Re: Is knowing the strike king owner a good thing? [Re: DTX Angler]
Brent S Online   content
Extreme Angler

Loc: Eagle Mountain Lake
I would like to know him.. must be nice!

Also +1 to what Mark said.

#10877712 - 05/28/15 07:59 AM Re: Is knowing the strike king owner a good thing? [Re: grout-scout]
Mark Perry Offline

Originally Posted By: grout-scout
And we all wonder why lures cost so much.... I suppose much like welfare we will pay for someone else's free lures.

Its marketing costs. Smart strategy to make high school anglers SK fans considering how many baits they will buy in the future. Its actually direct marketing to your target consumer.

Kinda hard for me to find fault with any company supporting high school anglers. uess you can if you try hard enough though.

#10877714 - 05/28/15 08:00 AM Re: Is knowing the strike king owner a good thing? [Re: grout-scout]
ba$$fan Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: Aledo, TX

There's a bit of a difference between a commercial and a government organization...

#10877842 - 05/28/15 08:38 AM Re: Is knowing the strike king owner a good thing? [Re: Mark Perry]
DTX Angler Offline
Outdoorsman

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
Sounds like a great opportunity to get a cool summer internship in the industry if you wanted.

I would make sure you take a minute and not only thank him by email but send a handwritten thank you. A company like Strike King gets thousands of requests for product per year. Those chose to help you out so make sure they know you realize and appreciate the opportunity.

Trust me I do!

#10877945 - 05/28/15 09:29 AM Re: Is knowing the strike king owner a good thing? [Re: Mark Perry]
grout-scout Offline
TFF Celebrity

Loc: Boerne, Texas

Its marketing costs. Smart strategy to make high school anglers SK fans considering how many baits they will buy in the future. Its actually direct marketing to your target consumer.

Kinda hard for me to find fault with any company supporting high school anglers. uess you can if you try hard enough though.

They have high school angler teams now? Is this like a high school program or kids that join a group outside of school? I don't recall seeing or hearing about anything like this in our area, of course we don't have good lakes here either.

#10877964 - 05/28/15 09:39 AM Re: Is knowing the strike king owner a good thing? [Re: DTX Angler]
Jigfish Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: Tx
i'll take the lot for $50. How's that banana

Kaufman High School Boat Captain

The weak call it obsession, the strong call it dedication!
Jigfish

#10877992 - 05/28/15 09:49 AM Re: Is knowing the strike king owner a good thing? [Re: grout-scout]
Mark Perry Offline

They have high school angler teams now? Is this like a high school program or kids that join a group outside of school? I don't recall seeing or hearing about anything like this in our area, of course we don't have good lakes here either.

Yep teams all across the state. It's a big deal.

#10878109 - 05/28/15 10:32 AM Re: Is knowing the strike king owner a good thing? [Re: grout-scout]
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Celebrity

Loc: North Texas

Yes, during the spring, there are posts at least once a week asking for volunteers to be a boat captain for high schoolers. Seems like a big deal and getting more popular.

Originally Posted By: Bugzout10
I deuced in a apartment pool after a bottle of peppermint schnapps

#10878161 - 05/28/15 10:55 AM Re: Is knowing the strike king owner a good thing? [Re: Mark Perry]
Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life) Online   content
TFF Celebrity

Loc: Tyler, Tx/Arlington, Tx

Good for companies to support high school anglers. I see no point in this post, "hey look at me I know they owner and get special treatment" should of posted something like "got my strike king cranks and plastics ready for summer, man they make some great stuff what do yall think of their products" this seems like a cruddy attempt to brag about something. I'm sure the OP meant better but it comes off that way

#10878215 - 05/28/15 11:12 AM Re: Is knowing the strike king owner a good thing? [Re: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)]
DTX Angler Offline
Outdoorsman

Originally Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Good for companies to support high school anglers. I see no point in this post, "hey look at me I know they owner and get special treatment" should of posted something like "got my strike king cranks and plastics ready for summer, man they make some great stuff what do yall think of their products" this seems like a cruddy attempt to brag about something. I'm sure the OP meant better but it comes off that way

I was trying to show good of a company strike king is, with supporting us. I never meant to come off as bragging about them as a sponsor. I was trying to be funny with the picture because they send us so much stuff!!

#10878241 - 05/28/15 11:21 AM Re: Is knowing the strike king owner a good thing? [Re: DTX Angler]
fouzman Offline
Methuselah

Loc: Houston, TX
You'd have been better off with a title like "Strike King is Such a Great Company!", but I wouldn't lose too much sleep over your original wording DTX. Congrats on having what it takes to attract a great sponsor!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© 1998-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide