The Ray Hubbard Bass Club held their fourth members only tournament of 2015 Saturday May 9th at Lake Ray Roberts. We were one of the last tournaments on the lake which has been closed since that weekend because of high water as you know. The conditions were anything but ideal as has been the case with most or all of our tournaments this year. We were greeted with muddy rising water and about 10:00AM a pair of monster thunderstorms rolled in. More than half the field actually came off the water for 2 hours or so as high wind, hail and heavy rain pounded the area. Those still on the water took shelter on shore, under bridges and in the marina. 20 boats came out and braved the storms that day. Fishing as expected was tough with not one limit being weighed. When it was all said and done. 2014 AOY Jason Hunnicutt and his partner Travis Reaves weighed an impressive three fish sack of 14.34 to win the day. Not many pictures were taken as not many fish were caught but here's what we have.

Lake Tyler Champs Dale Rettman and Kelly Millhollon weighed one fish but it was a chunky 4.67

Cameron Laing and Patrick Sharp finished sixth with 2 fish for 5.01

Dennis and Damon Machost got 5th with one fish for 6.39.

James Weir and Jason Hadley got second with two fish for 8.63 that included a 5.64 hawg.

As mentioned earlier, Jason Hunnicutt and Travis Reaves won it with three fish for 14.34 and also got big bass with a 7.84. Congrats guys!

Thanks to everyone that came out and stuck with it on a tough day. I am truly hopeful that our next opportunity on the water comes under better conditions. I refuse the say the fishing will be better as it seems to be a curse every time I do. grin We will be on Bob Sandlin Saturday June 13th. Tournament hours are 6:00 - 3:00 and we are going out of the State Park ramp. Hope to see you there!