A Note to Country Folks and Fishermen #10866056 05/23/15 04:54 PM
T
TXBatman Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
T
Good Morning All,

As most of us know, our beloved USA is going through a significantly trying time where race relations are concerned. There are idiots on ALL sides of this issue who have done NOTHING but fan the flames of hatred and distrust! Sometimes, I suspect that this is all part of some sick, evil design by [whomever] and for WHATEVER! But most of us will agree that our nation is in dire need of healing, lest it (we) implodes upon herself! This healing, has to begin with SOMEONE! And who better to initiate such healing than fishermen/fisherfolk (a little PC in action..Hahaha!)?

Forgive this post for not containing any fishing information, but I wanted to take a moment to express my appreciation for fishermen and country folks. EVERYWHERE that my brother and me have towed our Skeeter, we have been treated with courtesy, respect and eager friendliness by other anglers and locals. There are no friendlier, non-presumptuous folks than fishermen and country folk! Whether it was a friendly offer of fishing tips, or the jovial welcome of the operators of one of the good 'ol "Mom and Pop" Filling Stations (You know! The ones that serve the delicious greasy hamburgers and awesome fried chicken!!). Yes, there is a difference in a Filling Station, and a mere gas station...but that's another topic!

In these places, the folks (and I'm speaking of white people), are ALWAYS very welcoming to us. Keep in mind that a lot of those little towns are predominately white. And all of our experiences have been great. From Lake Fork, to Ray Roberts, to Richland Chambers, Tawakoni, Possum Kingdom, Squaw Creek (Glen Rose) and many more....nothing to report but good! Anyone that knows me, will testify that I have NEVER carried a race card! I was not raised that way....And I'm from the Deep South (Louisiana/Mississippi). My wife and me are blessed to make a VERY good living. And our appearances herald that! However, we HAVE noticed subtle signs of pause and presumption at various times and places! But all of these times in places were in urban and metropolitan settings, and from people who at least appeared to be modernists and/or professionals. But this NEVER happens with fishermen or country folks. The closest we ever came to an experience of presumption was the time that we pulled the boat to Lake Fork to do some bass fishing. We stopped at a little Bait and Tackle Shop, and as soon as we walked in, the nice lady behind the counter hurried over to the minnow tank, picked up the net and asked "How many you need hun?" Hahahahaha!! We both got a kick out of it, but we recognized that her eagerness to serve us showed that there was no aversion to our presence there! Needless to say, I bought a couple of the most expensive spinnerbaits in the place just to show what we were about!! Hahahaha!!

So, I just wanted to jumpstart the healing process by saying THANK YOU to all fisherfolks and country folks who love AND TREAT EVERYBODY with dignity, respect and courtesy. I'm sure that I've probably come across some on this forum at some point, so thank you especially. Forgive me if you see this post on the other forums, but since I fish for largemouth, crappie and sandbass, I would like for all to see it! Again, thank you for being the type of people that you are. For it is folks like YOU that make America the greatest nation on Earth! May God bless and keep you, and please know tah I am praying for everyone that has been affected in some way by the severe weather and floods that we have experienced of late. Again, THANK YOU!

Just Another American

"When in Doubt, SET THE HOOK!"
Re: A Note to Country Folks and Fishermen [Re: TXBatman] #10866096 05/23/15 05:18 PM
Bobcat1 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
You're my brother! You just have a better tan than me. I like men like you that are men. Color makes absolutely no difference to me as long as you are a MAN or a Woman first. There are punks of all colors. You sir are a breath of fresh air and I concur with you. Race baiters have no place at my fire or in my boat (if I ever get another one) but you are welcome anytime. We all have the same pink meat and red blood once you get thru the tan. grin

Bobby Barnett

Re: A Note to Country Folks and Fishermen [Re: TXBatman] #10866102 05/23/15 05:22 PM
Bruce's Online Sad
TFF Celebrity
Online Sad
TFF Celebrity
Treat others as you would treat yourself.

Bruce's Sprinkler Repair
817-798-7246
52 years experience
State Licensed Irrigation
LI0017483

Fishing Texas lakes one at a time

Re: A Note to Country Folks and Fishermen [Re: TXBatman] #10866104 05/23/15 05:23 PM
S
SpinFly Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
S
What a great message TXBatman. Huge props to you for being an ambassador for unity and peace. And you're spot on--these times are a direct result of an evil plan by Satan himself, fostered by our sinful nature.

Keep up the good work and hopefully your attitude will infect more of us metro fisherman. Excellent post thumb

Jesus didn't come to get you into Heaven. He came to get Heaven into you.
-Adam Hamilton

Don't miss Heaven by 12 inches--the distance between your BRAIN and your HEART!
Re: A Note to Country Folks and Fishermen [Re: TXBatman] #10866116 05/23/15 05:29 PM
F
Fishbonz Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
ECHO thumb

HE aka Fishbonz
Re: A Note to Country Folks and Fishermen [Re: TXBatman] #10866139 05/23/15 05:40 PM
K
kodys'papa Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
Wow...
Great story about your experiences... Thanks!

Hooking a fish is like playing string with a cat. The exact size, shape, color of string matters less than how you wiggle it- and little cats are easier to fool than big ones. John Gierach
Re: A Note to Country Folks and Fishermen [Re: TXBatman] #10866147 05/23/15 05:43 PM
J
jpenwell Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
Well spoken brother thumb

Pepop's Lake Palestine Jig's web page is now online. Click Logo above

Re: A Note to Country Folks and Fishermen [Re: TXBatman] #10866168 05/23/15 05:55 PM
J
JigandJeep Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
Recreational fishing has been one of the best unifying activities throughout history. Out on the water, dock, pier, bank, barge, we put all the other [censored] in the world out of our minds. I can't think of another activity that allows more people from different perspectives and backgrounds to interact on a personal level like fishing does.

Re: A Note to Country Folks and Fishermen [Re: TXBatman] #10866181 05/23/15 06:02 PM
K
Ken Gaby Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
K
Amen Brother. Well stated message. Race is usually never an issue till someone makes it an issue. Your words ring true.

Thomas Jefferson had something to say about this: When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe, we shall become as corrupt as Europe.

A life without God is like an unsharpened pencil, it has no point. Billy Graham
www.thermoclinelures.com "Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
http://www.crazyanglertackle.com Premium crappie baits and jig tying accessories
http://www.proanglertackle.com Best crappie and catfish rods/reels
http://www.beereadys.com World's Best Rod Holders
Re: A Note to Country Folks and Fishermen [Re: TXBatman] #10866228 05/23/15 06:21 PM
C
cellis Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
C
Great read! thumb

Re: A Note to Country Folks and Fishermen [Re: TXBatman] #10866349 05/23/15 07:20 PM
D
Don G Offline
Angler
Angler
D
Very well stated sir; my hat is off to you.

Don G
Re: A Note to Country Folks and Fishermen [Re: TXBatman] #10866448 05/23/15 08:17 PM
banker-always fishing Offline
Pumpkin Head
Pumpkin Head
Well Stated! cheers I pray for this Country just about every day. angel2 "May God Bless America".! flag

Side Note: All Men are equal in the eyes of the Lord! thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: A Note to Country Folks and Fishermen [Re: TXBatman] #10866581 05/23/15 09:22 PM
Tommie Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Well said TXBatman! There are good and bad in all races. Unfortunately all we hear about is the bad these day. Country Folk will survive! No matter what color the skin is as long as we stick together and be respectful to each other. Our country has a lot of healing to do.

Re: A Note to Country Folks and Fishermen [Re: TXBatman] #10866592 05/23/15 09:30 PM
L
larry mays Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
L
Just so you and your brother don't get the ideal you are first at something. 55 years ago when I started doing my own hand tied crappie jigs as we would say now. The man who taught me everything was a old black man and it was for home-made fish jigs as he called them. He had learn from his father, grand father, and great grand father. Bach in the old days they used live bait as possible but a lot of times there was no bait to use and they still had to eat. here in Texas crappie was called white perch and high on the list along with cat fish.

Re: A Note to Country Folks and Fishermen [Re: TXBatman] #10866707 05/23/15 10:20 PM
J
Joe Slab Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Excellent post sir. Each and everyone of us have the ability and responsibility to make a difference in this world. Thanks for sharing. thumb flag

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide