Got my 112/60"/36v motor installed today and just tested it a bit out of the water. Some points:
1. This thing is a chunk. Weighs a ton and then some. The head is a lot bigger than the Terrova also.
2. I tried to install the Panoptix transducer (weighs about 1.5 lbs) and it bogged down the trim and deploy. It also made the trim mechanism smell funny so I removed the transducer. It's going to be very very difficult to run a different transducer on this set up. I was able to get the cables to stay out of the way about 70% of the time. The other times the cables would get caught under the shaft and jam the unit.
3. I didn't get the Link model, but the I pilot remote is nice.
4. On my other motors I always had a RAM mount to keep the shaft from bouncing around when the motor was stowed. I don't think I will be able to use that with the Ulterra as the belt goes all the way up to the head and I am worried it would get damaged.
5. The motor has an on/off switch. When you turn the motor off there it turns off the remote. I think my old Terrova 101 did something like this but I don't remember for sure.
6. The skeg and the us2 transducers are not lined up to the armature. So when you look at the motor from behind you can see nothing lines up. Just weird considering it's a $2200 motor.
7. I could see where there could be all kinds of problems with the trim mechanism if you get any dirt in there. Not sure what Minn Kota has done to keep this area clean but you would think if you get mud or any other solids on the belt, it could be trouble.
8. If something gets in the way of the motor while it's trying to stow or deploy, it will stop and sound an alarm. But sometimes it will keep trying and you have to hit the deploy button to stop it.
I should be hitting the water later this week.