Forums59
Topics1,037,872
Posts13,935,861
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Re: A Crappie Fest on the Guadalupe River! (Awesome Bite) [Re: banker-always fishing] #10792601 04/24/15 06:35 AM
newbiefisher Offline
Angler
Angler
So how is the crappie fest going now? This thread has been quiet lately. Does this mean it's over?

How come I keep catching small fish when every product I buy is supposed to catch more and bigger fish?
Re: A Crappie Fest on the Guadalupe River! (Awesome Bite) [Re: newbiefisher] #10792824 04/24/15 12:37 PM
L
Laker One Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
L
Originally Posted By: newbiefisher
So how is the crappie fest going now? This thread has been quiet lately. Does this mean it's over?

Na not by a long shot! The spawn for the most part is winding down in our area. We have been getting some very heavy rain over the past couple of weeks. The water has been pretty muddy and thus is slowing down the fishing. We got over 4" of rain this morning from some very BIG STORMS that went through. This will slow down the fishing even more. Things will be picking up the next couple of weeks.

Side Note: Forecast in the in the San Antonio area says more heavy rain tonight.

Re: A Crappie Fest on the Guadalupe River! (Awesome Bite) [Re: banker-always fishing] #10824201 05/07/15 01:31 AM
banker-always fishing Offline OP
Pumpkin Head
OP Offline
Pumpkin Head
BITE STILL GOOD ! rockon

Fished the Guadalupe with friends Bob Landry,Mutt "Olhipie" and Mike "USMC-GY". We located several nice bunches of Crappie holding in 10 to 12 feet of water. Some of the fish were suspended in 7 feet of water. Jigs, Chartreuse/pink,chartreuse/black,blue sliders,and minnows were used. The water was stained due to resent rains. We kept some for dinner! Catching a mess of Crappie with friends. It just don't get any better. fish

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: A Crappie Fest on the Guadalupe River! (Awesome Bite) [Re: banker-always fishing] #10824705 05/07/15 05:57 AM
C
crope1 Offline
Ronnie Hurt'em Roberts
Ronnie Hurt'em Roberts
C
sliders? would someone post a pic of this jig please.i apologize if its already in the post,but i'm reading the forum from a work computer,shhhhhhhhhhh,and pics don't always show up.thx in advance.

Re: A Crappie Fest on the Guadalupe River! (Awesome Bite) [Re: banker-always fishing] #10825178 05/07/15 02:29 PM
L
Laker One Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
L
Nice haul Chuck! woot Been getting good numbers fishing the eastern end. Finding fish in 10 to 12 feet of water holding by brush piles and drop offs. Most fish I have been catching have "spawned out". Not getting any in the shallows. Jigs chartreuse/black and chartreuse/pink are the baits getting the best results."Crope 1": Google Crappie Sliders. There are a bunch of different types. I use a black/silver and a blue/silver and have gotten good results. I use the Berkley sliders and get em at Bass Pro. Cabelas also has em. coolio

Side Note: The GBRA is working on the dams and the river lake levels are low. The levels should be back to normal in the later part of this month. Also looks like we may get some heavy rain this weekend. Just as the water was clearing up this will muddy up the water again.

Re: A Crappie Fest on the Guadalupe River! (Awesome Bite) [Re: Laker One] #10825243 05/07/15 02:49 PM
S
sabugguy Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
I was fishing the Rebecca Creek area of Guad, north of the lake feb-mar....they spawned out well over a month ago.... Best I can figure out during my first spawn in this area, since the river doesnt have the cover like the river lakes below canyon, ie lily pads, they spawn mostly on tree limbs, we were catching limits on just one tree! After spawn, females left....leaving smaller males to tend tree beds. Caught post spawned females almost 2 months ago. Havent been out there in a least a month now

Last edited by sabugguy; 05/07/15 02:50 PM.
Re: A Crappie Fest on the Guadalupe River! (Awesome Bite) [Re: banker-always fishing] #10825309 05/07/15 03:21 PM
G
Guide Cliff Hill Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
G
Chuck! Awesome catch!
We found them right before dark in 10-15 ft the other night as well, kept few for dinner along with some ditch pickles.
Shaping up to be a great summer:)
All fish came on 1/8th ounce white chart jigs from constant pursuit outiftters and 2 inch go go minnows from fle fly

Hill Country Fishin Guide Service
Guadalupe River,Calaveras,Choke Canyon and Braunig
Clients hold or have held 72 water body records since 2007

www.teamcatfish.com
www.proanglertackle.com

http://www.aandjoutdoors.com/
Re: A Crappie Fest on the Guadalupe River! (Awesome Bite) [Re: banker-always fishing] #10826938 05/08/15 01:21 AM
Pumpkin Head
OP Offline
Pumpkin Head
Thanks Guys for the replies. Curtis: Dunlap is super low. Placid is not that bad. Don't know about Mcqueeney. Wood and Meadow appear to be up. Cliff: Nice haul. Good job. cheers

Re: A Crappie Fest on the Guadalupe River! (Awesome Bite) [Re: banker-always fishing] #10964653 07/09/15 12:21 AM
D
DaddynEvanfish Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
D
Is there anything I can fish for at Rebecca Creek in late summer or fall near Ramp 11 with any consistent results? I finally have a weekend with my 12yo son and want to get out there in the next couple weeks, or maybe this fall. THANKS

Re: A Crappie Fest on the Guadalupe River! (Awesome Bite) [Re: DaddynEvanfish] #10965052 07/09/15 03:40 AM
Pumpkin Head
OP Offline
Pumpkin Head
Originally Posted By: DaddynEvanfish
Is there anything I can fish for at Rebecca Creek in late summer or fall near Ramp 11 with any consistent results? I finally have a weekend with my 12yo son and want to get out there in the next couple weeks, or maybe this fall. THANKS

I have not fished the upper Guadalupe in a while! I have heard the night Crappie bite is pretty good especially under the lights. thumb

Re: A Crappie Fest on the Guadalupe River! (Awesome Bite) [Re: banker-always fishing] #10965749 07/09/15 03:23 PM
C
Choupique Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
I was thinking of a trip to the Guadalupe (Lake Placid) yesterday. I changed my mind when I found out that all the ramps are open on Canyon (except 2, I think). I put in at Crane's Mill Park at about 2 - and the wind was howling. I went straight to the river where it was windy enough to stay cool by not too windy to control the boat. Talking about a beautiful boat ride - I have never seen it so green and the water upriver was absolutely beautiful. I motored up to about a half mile past Rebecca Creek with plenty of water - absolutely gorgeous. There are plenty of fish of all types in the Rebecca Creek landing area. They didn't cooperate so well yesterday - all of my spots where I caught fish during low water are now significantly changed - so I am starting over in my search for new brush piles holding fish. I may go to Lake Placid tomorrow and try to find a spot to hide from the jet skis and wakeboard boats. It may be another site seeing trip but I am interested in seeing what the water conditions are like.

Choupique
Re: A Crappie Fest on the Guadalupe River! (Awesome Bite) [Re: Choupique] #10966467 07/09/15 07:55 PM
L
Laker One Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
L
Originally Posted By: Choupique
I was thinking of a trip to the Guadalupe (Lake Placid) yesterday. I changed my mind when I found out that all the ramps are open on Canyon (except 2, I think). I put in at Crane's Mill Park at about 2 - and the wind was howling. I went straight to the river where it was windy enough to stay cool by not too windy to control the boat. Talking about a beautiful boat ride - I have never seen it so green and the water upriver was absolutely beautiful. I motored up to about a half mile past Rebecca Creek with plenty of water - absolutely gorgeous. There are plenty of fish of all types in the Rebecca Creek landing area. They didn't cooperate so well yesterday - all of my spots where I caught fish during low water are now significantly changed - so I am starting over in my search for new brush piles holding fish. I may go to Lake Placid tomorrow and try to find a spot to hide from the jet skis and wakeboard boats. It may be another site seeing trip but I am interested in seeing what the water conditions are like.

Did pretty good on Placid this past Monday and Tuesday. Caught em 15 to 20 feet of water holding by drop offs. Not that many ski boats out on the times I was there. Fished from 7am up to 11am. I also heard reports that Wood Lake is picking up eapecially at night!

Side Note: I was using jigs and sliders Chartreuse/White.

Re: A Crappie Fest on the Guadalupe River! (Awesome Bite) [Re: banker-always fishing] #10974514 07/13/15 09:36 PM
S
Southtexasduckman Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S

Guadalupe crappie river fest is still in full swing! Catching some fatties! The water is still stained so, I continue to use the darker colors. Main river docks and brush piles seem to be productive. Have been using the slip rig set up to get the baits right where they need to be and using them mush like a popping cork at the coast! This year as been amazing and from Dunlap to Wood the bite is on!

Re: A Crappie Fest on the Guadalupe River! (Awesome Bite) [Re: Southtexasduckman] #10975143 07/14/15 02:03 AM
Pumpkin Head
OP Offline
Pumpkin Head
Awesome report Matt and some super fish. cheers Fished the western end of the river and did well today. Myself and Mike "USMC-GY" caught a mess of Crappie and Bluegill! The Crappie bite was from 6:30am till 9am. Fish were caught in 10 feet of water inside boat slips. The slips were also loaded with some nice fat Bluegill.Jigs (Chartreuse/pink)were the bait of choice. We kept a bunch for dinner! thumb

Re: A Crappie Fest on the Guadalupe River! (Awesome Bite) [Re: banker-always fishing] #10975365 07/14/15 03:40 AM
S
Southtexasduckman Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
Awesome! Glad you guys are on 'em too!

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide