Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,039,320
Posts13,962,822
Members144,199
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Night fishing team tourney - Sam Rayburn - Saturday night May 30th into Sunday am #10824614 05/07/15 04:14 AM
LipRippinLanders -BryanLanders Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
We started this last summer. We had one tourney during the full moon of the last summer month and we plan on having them every full moon this summer.

This time it is absolutely BLOWING UP on FaceBook. We are expecting a much larger turnout this time around. Last time it took just under 15# to win it.

Here are some of the details:

Registration, check-in, and live well check at the public boat ramp next to Humphrey Pavillion by 7:00 pm on Saturday May 30th. You can launch from any ramp (trailering event) but you must leave the public ramp at 7:00 when everyone else takes off.

Weigh in is at public ramp at 3:00 am Sunday May 31st.

2-man teams.

5-fish limit.

14" minimum to be weighed in with your stringer. However, if you want to bring in any spotted bass in addition to your 5-fish stringer then we will take them, clean them, and eat them. Spotted bass do not have a size limit on Rayburn to my knowledge. Please check the regulations for Rayburn regarding how many spotted bass you can keep in addition to your 5 that will be weighed in. We are still checking the rules and making sure we do that part correctly.

No live bait.

No dead fish penalty but please make every effort to keep them alive. I highly recommend Please Release Me. Best live well treatment on the market in my opinion and no I am not sponsored by them.

If you are 1-5 minutes late there will be a 1/2 # penalty. If you are 6-10 minutes late there will be a 1 # penalty. If you are 11-15 minutes late there will be a 1-1/2 # penalty. After 15 minutes = DQ...and that doesn't stand for Dairy Queen.

Paying 100% of the entries back in cash at the weigh-in. We are not keeping a single cent.

I will post the payouts in a separate comment. I have to go to my FaceBook post to copy that and paste it here.

All fish will be weighed on the same set of scales. We expect to have a very nice set of scales there for the weigh-in because on of my buddies said he can borrow a set from one of the circuits.

Obviously you can only fish on Sam Rayburn Reservoir.

$40 per team + $10 for the big bass pots. We will pay multiple big bass pots based on the number of entries. That will be posted in the payouts as well. You can fish solo if you prefer but the entry is the same either way.

There are a ton of "tags" on FaceBook with some good sticks claiming they will be there. My eventual hope is to build this up to a charity event where the proceeds will probably go to St Jude's Children's Hospital. We will be trying to get sponsors to donate prize money so that we can create some proceeds for the charity. For now, we are simply paying back 100% cash to the top teams.

If any companies want to donate physical prizes to go along with the cash payouts that we will be doing this summer then feel free to contact me via PM on here.

Please wear your life jacket and kill switch when the big motor is running.

If you want to send me a friend request on FaceBook my name is Bryan Landers. That way you can look at the post.

I probably forgot some of the details here so as I remember things that I left out or as people ask questions I will comment below in separate posts.

If you plan on attending then make a comment accordingly. I'm expecting quite a few teams this year so it should be a great event and hopefully the start of an ongoing circuit that can eventually turn into a charity event that still pays out great cash and prizes while helping those kids at St Jude's. Help us get there.

Tx Burger..."You could find a cheaper burger, but then you'd have to eat it!"
V&M Baits...give the fish what they really want !!!
Re: Night fishing team tourney - Sam Rayburn - Saturday night May 30th into Sunday am [Re: LipRippinLanders -BryanLanders] #10848078 05/16/15 05:14 AM
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Check out the FaceBook page for the series..."Rayburn Summer Night Tournaments"

Come out and join us. It's gonna be a great event to kick off this summer series of night tournaments.

Last edited by LipRippinLanders -BryanLanders; 05/16/15 05:15 AM.

Re: Night fishing team tourney - Sam Rayburn - Saturday night May 30th into Sunday am [Re: LipRippinLanders -BryanLanders] #10868129 05/24/15 02:06 PM
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Here are the sample payouts for the tournament coming up on May 30th:

Up to 7 teams: 1st = 100% - $40; 2nd = $40

8-10 teams: 1st = 60%; 2nd = 40%

11 teams: 1st = 60% - $15; 2nd = 40% - $35; 3rd = $40

12-15 teams: 50%; 25%; 15%; 10%

16+ teams: we will pay 1 place for every 4 entries. A similar structure will be used to figure the individual percentages for each place.

Big Bass Pot:
<12 teams: 1st = 100%
12+ teams: 1st = 80%; 2nd = 20%
(Big bass payouts will be paid from the total number of teams that participate in the $10 optional big bass pot).

Last edited by LipRippinLanders -BryanLanders; 05/24/15 02:07 PM.

Re: Night fishing team tourney - Sam Rayburn - Saturday night May 30th into Sunday am [Re: LipRippinLanders -BryanLanders] #10869132 05/24/15 09:30 PM
lamoon78 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Didnt see a whole lot of talk about it on FB

Re: Night fishing team tourney - Sam Rayburn - Saturday night May 30th into Sunday am [Re: LipRippinLanders -BryanLanders] #10870047 05/25/15 04:09 AM
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
We have over 260 "likes" on our new page. I realize not all of those people are diehard avid fishermen that will come out for a night tourney. I'm not at all claiming that we are gonna get a hundred teams. We are still trying to build this event.

Many of the teams are telling me they are gonna watch the weather. Not many teams will show up to fish at night in a thunderstorm...with me being in that category as well.

We had 8 teams last year for the very first event (with little to no advertising) and many people told me we would have had a much better turn out if we had done it on Saturday night rather than Friday night so we changed it this year. All events will be on Saturday nights near a full moon.

I'll be happy with a dozen teams but it wouldn't surprise me at all to see 20 or more teams show up.

We are not Bass Champs or Tx Team Trail...yet...lol.

Re: Night fishing team tourney - Sam Rayburn - Saturday night May 30th into Sunday am [Re: LipRippinLanders -BryanLanders] #10871142 05/25/15 08:02 PM
lamoon78 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
I was reading above about some good sticks claiming to be there. I would like to do it if I can get one of my buddys to do it I usually fish solo 97% of the time.

Re: Night fishing team tourney - Sam Rayburn - Saturday night May 30th into Sunday am [Re: LipRippinLanders -BryanLanders] #10873737 05/26/15 09:46 PM
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
You can fish solo if you like, but the entry is the same.

Hope to see you there and get to meet you. Make sure you tell me your screen name on the TFF when we meet so I can make the connection.

Re: Night fishing team tourney - Sam Rayburn - Saturday night May 30th into Sunday am [Re: LipRippinLanders -BryanLanders] #10874031 05/27/15 12:17 AM
lamoon78 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Will do bud

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide