Print Thread
Beach and Offshore #10820761 05/05/15 09:12 PM
O
OUFishing-Sean Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
O
I was wondering if there is anyone here that fishes their kayak a little ways past the breakers in the surf or even goes offshore. I see people do It on YouTube and I really want to try it. If there is anybody that does, I'd like to team up with you as it's too dangerous to go alone. I Usually surf fish Freeport but I'm willing to go to Galveston as well.

Last edited by seanpwilliams98; 05/05/15 09:14 PM.

You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
Re: Beach and Offshore [Re: OUFishing-Sean] #10820825 05/05/15 09:29 PM
C
christian myrick Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
I just got back from corpus. My report with pics and short vid is below on the yak forum. Great times. The.vid is of my girlfriend fighting her first ever shark on her first saltwater kayak trip. She got a big hammerhead.

Re: Beach and Offshore [Re: OUFishing-Sean] #10821412 05/06/15 01:29 AM
O
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
O
Do you ever go to Freeport?

You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
Re: Beach and Offshore [Re: OUFishing-Sean] #10821465 05/06/15 01:43 AM
C
christian myrick Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Originally Posted By: seanpwilliams98
Do you ever go to Freeport?

Some years ago Bryan beach was my absolute favorite beach. I used to fish the mouth a bit.

Re: Beach and Offshore [Re: OUFishing-Sean] #10821941 05/06/15 11:28 AM
F
Fish ZoMbiE Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Lots of folks do. If u live in freeport and want to fish offshore u must get yourself a handheld ship to shore radio.
They r around $100. Also suggest u Start btb and practice coming in n out of the surf. Groups meet at PINS, all aound Galveston, n port aransas to fish open water in numbers. But dont wait to practice or youll b the week link. Make sure your legs or arms if u paddle are up for the challenge, cover up and take a lot of water. TKF In the BTB section is a great source if your looking to find some btb/offshore anglers. Things will really start getting good next month IMO. Tourneys will start soon too ;-)

Re: Beach and Offshore [Re: Fish ZoMbiE] #10822033 05/06/15 12:35 PM
C
christian myrick Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Originally Posted By: Fish ZoMbiE
Lots of folks do. If u live in freeport and want to fish offshore u must get yourself a handheld ship to shore radio.
They r around $100. Also suggest u Start btb and practice coming in n out of the surf. Groups meet at PINS, all aound Galveston, n port aransas to fish open water in numbers. But dont wait to practice or youll b the week link. Make sure your legs or arms if u paddle are up for the challenge, cover up and take a lot of water. TKF In the BTB section is a great source if your looking to find some btb/offshore anglers. Things will really start getting good next month IMO. Tourneys will start soon too ;-)

Yes. Zombie lowers the water level in the gulf he catches so many fish! I cant wait to fish the salt with him someday.

Re: Beach and Offshore [Re: OUFishing-Sean] #10822844 05/06/15 05:21 PM
B
BKT Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
I go on occasion. As Zombie mentioned check out the BTB section of TKF.

Re: Beach and Offshore [Re: christian myrick] #10823110 05/06/15 06:39 PM
F
Fish ZoMbiE Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted By: christian myrick

Yes. Zombie lowers the water level in the gulf he catches so many fish! I cant wait to fish the salt with him someday.

i fish with myself all the time. trust me, its not that big of a deal laugh thanks for the head boost splat lookin forward to gettin salty myself C.

Re: Beach and Offshore [Re: Fish ZoMbiE] #10823144 05/06/15 06:52 PM
C
christian myrick Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C

i fish with myself all the time. trust me, its not that big of a deal laugh thanks for the head boost splat lookin forward to gettin salty myself C.

LETS GET A TRIP PLANED banana

Re: Beach and Offshore [Re: christian myrick] #10824277 05/07/15 01:56 AM
O
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
O

LETS GET A TRIP PLANED banana

I don't have a kayak yet, should have one by mid June.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide