Jc Sportfishing Weekly Fish Report.
As the Admiral Seas It
Fishing Report: 4/27/15 to 5/4/15
Stop By Our Office for up to Date Fishing Report.
Striped Marlin: Being caught 1150 Spot!!!
Fishing in General is Steady!
JC says: Fishing has a Spell on Me?
Marlin Full of Squid?
Rough and Windy Conditions on Pacific!!
Sierra: On Hootchies!!!
Roosters on Live Bait: Close to Shore!
Taking Fish Home from Cabo Info Inside ?
Baja Sierra Ceviche Recipe. Yes Mam?

HEADLINES: May 4, 2015:
JC says: I am spellbound with Marlin Fishing and nothing will stand in my way. He has asked all his Marlin children to come and repent under his stuffed Marlin he has in his office and says there will be a couple different ceremonies in which he along with his followers will pray to the big Marlin in the sky and ask for better fishing conditions for the coming week. JC says I get all the Sierra I want and the Sierra gods have been good to me. Look Jc: as the writer of this report: I resemble that remark and every week you have some stupid idea that you are going to try!! JC ranted: Look Mr. Reporter boy, I hired you for one reason and that was to make me look good as I have an image to uphold.
Whatever JC!!
Jc Sportfishing Charters is a family owned and operated business and has been fishing in Cabo San Lucas for the past 18 years. Jerry, explains that his charter business is geared more for families and novice anglers, making sure everyone who charters a boat with him have a great time and lots of fun. We welcome families, and groups. We want everyone who fishes with us to take all the sites in and have a memorable experience. This is what is most important to us. We have and do a few tournaments each year and can cater to fisherman who might be interested in tournament fishing. Well lets get on with the fishing report for this past week.
WEATHER: We cannot complain about the weather at all, it has been really nice about every day. The wind has picked up pretty good over the last 3 days, though with some pretty good gusts during the day time and even at night. As I sit and write this report I can hear the wind blowing now. If you were in a small boat over the last 2 or 3 days you will have experienced a pretty rough ride due to windy conditions. The actual temperatures are really great with highs in the ladder 80, is too low 90, so in the day time and cooling off pretty good at night down into the mid 60,s.
WATER: With the windy conditions the water has been pretty wild with some rough seas on the pacific side and of course on the Sea of Cortez its been calmer, but due to the windy conditions its rough out there. Still quite the contrast in water temperatures from the Pacific to the Sea of Cortez. All warm water on the Cortez side and cold water on the Pacific side. It is 69 degrees up above the Finger Bank on the Pacific side and on the Cortez side it is pushing 79 degrees.
This link which will show you water temperatures for the southern half of Baja. http://www.tempbreak.com/index.php?&cwregion=cb
BILLFISH: The Marlin fishing has been pretty steady and it seems the Marlin have moved down towards the 1150 spot on the Sea of Cortez. What we are seeing is many of the Marlin are full of squid as there is an abundance in the water. So we have been just pitching live bait at them till we find the right one to take the bait. Both of our boats have been fishing about everyday and we are averaging about one to two marlin per trip, so it isnt too bad, actually pretty steady.
DORADO: We are still catching a few Dorado this past week and have had some good days like one day we got 3 decent size Dorados, but basically we are averaging maybe 1 to 2 per trip. This is not the time of year for Dorado but we are still landing some.
WAHOO: I have not heard of any this past week. Not too much Wahoo action right now.
TUNA: I havent heard of anything as far as Tuna goes as they seem to be long gone right now but they will show up sooner or later.
INSHORE: Rooster fish action in close to shore has been pretty good over the last week If you use live bait you will have a good chance of landing something. They are being caught from the Solmar to the Light House and also in the same area as the Roosters are the Sierra and it's pretty wide open for them if you're using hootchies.
From The Admirals Kitchen!!
Baja Sierra Ceviche Recipe!
The first time I made ceviche, I was amazed. I could actually see the lemon and lime juice turning the color of the fish from translucent pink to opaque white. The acid from the limes and lemons change the structure of the proteins in the fish, essentially cooking the fish without using heat. I love ceviche rolled up in a freshly cooked, still warm corn tortilla with lettuce and salsa.

Ceviche Recipe
Yield: Serves 4-8.
Preparation time: 15 minutes to prepare, 3-4 hours to let sit. Always use the freshest fish possible. Make the same day you purchase fresh fish.
Ingredients
2 lbs of firm, fresh red snapper fillets (or other firm-fleshed fish), cut into 1/2 inch pieces, completely deboned
1/2 cup of fresh squeezed lime juice
1/2 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice
1/2 red onion, finely diced
1 cup of chopped fresh seeded tomatoes
1 serrano chili, seeded and finely diced
2 teaspoons of salt
Dash of ground oregano
Dash of Tabasco or a light pinch of cayenne pepper
Cilantro
Avocado
Tortillas or tortilla chips
Method
In a non-reactive casserole dish, either Pyrex or ceramic, place the fish, onion, tomatoes, chili, salt, Tabasco, and oregano. Cover with lime and lemon juice. Let sit covered in the refrigerator for an hour, then stir, making sure more of the fish gets exposed to the acidic lime and lemon juices. Let sit for several hours, giving time for the flavors to blend.
During the marinating process the fish will change from pinkish gray and translucent, to white in color and opaque. Serve with chopped cilantro and slices of avocado with heated tortillas for ceviche tacos or with tortilla chips.
Taking Fish Home from Cabo?
I wanted to give the best recommendations for fish processing. We highly urge you to use Griceldas as they pick up your fish at the boat when you return from your charter. Filleting is $1.50lb and Smoking is $5.00lb with the finished product in 1LB packages vacuum sealed. They keep the fish at the Smokehouse until you go home. If you plan on taking your fish home, you can buy a hard plastic ice chest in Caba, but they are very expensive running about $60.00 for a 48 quart ice chest. What we recommend you doing is bringing an ice chest with you and putting some of your baggage in the chest and you might be able to save on extra baggage fees.
BEWARE: Please beware of the guys in the street selling boat charters. If you wait till the day you are fishing and go to the dock where your boat is many times people will mislead you to another boat or dock trying to put you on a boat that was not meant for you. You need to have a person guide you to your boat, who is from a reputable charter company. This way there is no confusion or misleading. Please remember when renting Sport fishing boats in Cabo that you rent your boat from reputable and established business. Walk into a fishing fleet office and ask questions about what you are getting and what are the costs? You don't want to rent boats from vendors in the streets and you do not want to book through shady websites offering you the world. Check through travel forums about reputable fishing fleets to deal with. Look for testimonials about the fleet your booking, your charter with. Ask about what will the boat be supplying? Will it include beverages or lunches? How much does it cost to fillet your catch? Check to see if charter boat is insured? Ask about getting your catch smoked? Check cost of a fishing license. These are just a few things to consider when booking your charter boat. We will be talking more about this in the next weeks fishing report. Until next time good fishing and we hope to see you in Cabo soon. Come by the office here in Cabo and get all the latest up to date fishing report. http://www.jcsportfishing.com http://youtu.be/tSXN6pifQyQ