Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,037,820
Posts13,935,093
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Easy Clip-OnTrolling Weight's - Use with RonRig/Umbrella Rig's/A Style Rigs #10805687 04/29/15 10:57 AM
N
NekidTackle Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
N
While testing RonRig's and Umbrella Rig's we realized we needed more weight than what the Jig's had. We began clipping on some bank sinkers I bought, and Success, depending on the weight we clipped on, we got greater depth's. 1 oz can sure make a difference!
So........
Just released another innovative product from the Labs of NekidTackle!
Easy Clip-on weight's, I am releasing a Package that contains the three different sizes - 3oz, 5oz, and 6oz, I can make heavier weights if demand is there.
If you tie your line to a snap, and clip that snap onto the Clip-On weight, you can easily adjust the depth of your troll! I use super hard Stainess Steel .041 wire, and both ends are turned. The Crane Snap Swivel is rated at 90 lbs, and is easy to add and remove.
Click Here To Find Easy Clip-0n Trolling Weights HERE!

Last edited by NekidTackle; 04/29/15 10:59 AM.

www.nekidtackle.com
Home of the RonRig!

Like Us On Facebook

Why play with the rest when you can fish with the Best... RonRig !!
Re: Easy Clip-OnTrolling Weight's - Use with RonRig/Umbrella Rig's/A Style Rigs [Re: NekidTackle] #10805747 04/29/15 11:53 AM
CHAMPION FISH Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
That is a great idea.

[Linked Image]
" Success is a ladder you can not climb with your hands in your pockets."

www.pro-cure.com
www.falconrods.com
Re: Easy Clip-OnTrolling Weight's - Use with RonRig/Umbrella Rig's/A Style Rigs [Re: NekidTackle] #10805955 04/29/15 01:34 PM
B
beltonbill Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
B
I agree that it is a great idea but I would never use a snap like the one in the picture. My experience at the coast is that this kind of snap comes open under stress. A better quality snap would make this an even better idea.

Re: Easy Clip-OnTrolling Weight's - Use with RonRig/Umbrella Rig's/A Style Rigs [Re: NekidTackle] #10806048 04/29/15 02:04 PM
M
MtnDew Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
M
A few ounces makes a big difference. I preferred to use the 1/4 or 1/8b oz jig heads on the rig and then clip weight in the front like you are suggesting. This way my rig was light for when I wanted to troll shallows and then if I found fish out deep, I could get the rig down faster by clipping weight on the front.

I would be curious if you could find slimmer weights vs the big egg style. My theory was less resistance pulling a slim weight thru the water.

Cool item though, can't wait to see what else you come up with.

-rob

Re: Easy Clip-OnTrolling Weight's - Use with RonRig/Umbrella Rig's/A Style Rigs [Re: MtnDew] #10806179 04/29/15 02:55 PM
N
NekidTackle Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
N
Originally Posted By: MtnDew
A few ounces makes a big difference. I preferred to use the 1/4 or 1/8b oz jig heads on the rig and then clip weight in the front like you are suggesting. This way my rig was light for when I wanted to troll shallows and then if I found fish out deep, I could get the rig down faster by clipping weight on the front.

I would be curious if you could find slimmer weights vs the big egg style. My theory was less resistance pulling a slim weight thru the water.

-rob

Thanks, for the comments.
Yes I can go thinner weights, but they get longer, which may have a tendency to hang.

When trolling, we didn't see a difference whether we were using a thin weight vs a 6 oz bank sinker clipped to the front.

These go hand in hand with the RonBrella Rig, it has no lead, so can be trolled in 4-5 feet with jigs only. Once we started adding weight, the Ronbrella trolled lower, at 4 oz we were at about 15 feet, 6 oz 23ish feet. Yes before I put my designs out, they are highly tested.

Also, everything I make and advertise is here now, readily available and shipping NOW!
Local pickup is also available, to save on shipping costs.

Soon to be released, the ultimate RonRig - Select A Blade change your blades on the fly, and a RonRig that can be used as a RonRig, or an umbrella - RonBrella - Transformer Rig, in testing now. (about 23" in diameter when extended).
Click Here to see all of my tackle available and shipping NOW smile

www.nekidtackle.com
Home of the RonRig!

Like Us On Facebook

Re: Easy Clip-OnTrolling Weight's - Use with RonRig/Umbrella Rig's/A Style Rigs [Re: beltonbill] #10806190 04/29/15 02:59 PM
N
NekidTackle Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
N
Originally Posted By: beltonbill
I agree that it is a great idea but I would never use a snap like the one in the picture. My experience at the coast is that this kind of snap comes open under stress. A better quality snap would make this an even better idea.

Actually I will give the purchaser the option, because these are easier to open, very strong (American Made) and allow people who have problems opening the other snaps.

Will add tonite! Thanks for the input!

Again these are rated at 90 lbs.

www.nekidtackle.com
Home of the RonRig!

Like Us On Facebook

Re: Easy Clip-OnTrolling Weight's - Use with RonRig/Umbrella Rig's/A Style Rigs [Re: beltonbill] #10810412 05/01/15 02:04 AM
N
NekidTackle Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
N
Originally Posted By: beltonbill

Hey beltonbill, check the website, I now offer with a 120lb stainless crane swivel.

Click Here To See Easy Clip-On RonRig/Umbrella Rig Trolling Weights

This Swivel will now be offered, Pics coming soon!

Again thanks for the input!
Ron

Last edited by NekidTackle; 05/01/15 02:12 AM.

www.nekidtackle.com
Home of the RonRig!

Like Us On Facebook

Re: Easy Clip-OnTrolling Weight's - Use with RonRig/Umbrella Rig's/A Style Rigs [Re: MtnDew] #10810434 05/01/15 02:15 AM
N
NekidTackle Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
N
Originally Posted By: MtnDew

-rob

My take on this is there is already a ton of resistance due to the Rig, plus all of the jig heads, so a few oz up front should not affect how the rig trolls. We actually clipped on a bank sinker, talk about perpendicular resistance, and the only thing we noticed was the Rig trolled deeper, didn't affect anything.

Thanks for your input!
Ron

www.nekidtackle.com
Home of the RonRig!

Like Us On Facebook

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide