Print Thread
LAKE BRYSON #10806956 04/29/15 07:43 PM
M
Mike0913 Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
M
Has anyone ever fished there? I have heard good things in the past before the drought, but with all of this rain it should be in decent shape. Is there anywhere to stay overnight out there?

-Mike
Re: LAKE BRYSON [Re: Mike0913] #10807056 04/29/15 08:37 PM
B
benhood Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
I have fished there numerous times the past couple of years. Have not been over there yet this year but am itching to go. There aren't any campground facilities there. In fact the road to the ramp is dirt and can be pretty rough in spots. Nevertheless, it is loaded with timber, some grass, and lots of rocky banks. Just a bass looking haven! Very fun to fish and you can fish most of it in a day. If these rains have put some more water in it, then way back up the north end should be really good right now with new flooded vegetation. Have been almost skunked there before too. Best success has been green pumpkin baby brush hogs or wacky rigged zoom trick worms in red bug color. From the ramp south to the dam have always caught some. All those stick ups at the dam hold bass. Then that cove to the west of the dam is real good. Mike Whitacre goes there a lot. Perhaps he's been over there this year and can comment. Was thinking of going over there this weekend but may head back to Crockett where it has been just phenomenal!

Benny Hood
SEMPER FIshing
Re: LAKE BRYSON [Re: Mike0913] #10808195 04/30/15 04:19 AM
T
Txwhitacre Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Its been very tough lately. The lake is still very low -10+ ft. I was there in march and it was the lowest I ever saw it. As much as I like that lake it needs some fresh water bad. I don't expect it caught much water judging from the lake levels of lost creek and lake graham.

http://waterdatafortexas.org/reservoirs/individual/graham

http://waterdatafortexas.org/reservoirs/individual/lost-creek

Re: LAKE BRYSON [Re: Mike0913] #10809690 04/30/15 08:02 PM
W
Wink68 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
W
I would disagree with Txwhitacre, I was at Lost Creek on Saturday. The upper lake was FULL and running over into the lower lake. It made a beautiful waterfall in the quarry. I think they got even more rain after that so there may be more water than you think at Bryson. I looked at it on the map, I need to check this place out. Very cool. I like lakes like this.

Re: LAKE BRYSON [Re: Wink68] #10810259 05/01/15 12:49 AM
T
Txwhitacre Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: Wink68
I would disagree with Txwhitacre, I was at Lost Creek on Saturday. The upper lake was FULL and running over into the lower lake. It made a beautiful waterfall in the quarry. I think they got even more rain after that so there may be more water than you think at Bryson. I looked at it on the map, I need to check this place out. Very cool. I like lakes like this.

Thats good to know. The TPWD pages may not be accurate it would be interesting to see where Bryson level is. But I wasn't referring to lost creek or lake graham being full. I was looking at how much rise there was since march and extrapolated that to Bryson. The chart shows a 1.5ft rise at lost creek. 1.5 won't do much at all at Bryson.

The only way to know is to go! wink

Last edited by Txwhitacre; 05/01/15 12:55 AM.
Re: LAKE BRYSON [Re: Txwhitacre] #10810322 05/01/15 01:29 AM
P
pelican Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
P
Originally Posted By: Txwhitacre

Thats good to know. The TPWD pages may not be accurate it would be interesting to see where Bryson level is. But I wasn't referring to lost creek or lake graham being full. I was looking at how much rise there was since march and extrapolated that to Bryson. The chart shows a 1.5ft rise at lost creek. 1.5 won't do much at all at Bryson.

I sure wish I knew someone that only lived a hour or so from Bryson, like Weatherford or Lake Worth, I bet anyone living that close would go take a look see.

I've never been good, But I've been Lucky!
I don't Lie or Exaggerate, but sometimes I remember BIG!
Re: LAKE BRYSON [Re: Mike0913] #10810417 05/01/15 02:08 AM
N
Neumie Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
N

According to this chart the immediate area around Bryson has not gotten much rain at all.

"Water is life's matter and matrix, mother and medium. There is no life without water." -Albert Szent-Gyorgyi

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." - Heraclitus
Re: LAKE BRYSON [Re: pelican] #10817366 05/04/15 04:50 PM
T
Todd Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
T
Originally Posted By: pelican
Originally Posted By: Txwhitacre

I sure wish I knew someone that only lived a hour or so from Bryson, like Weatherford or Lake Worth, I bet anyone living that close would go take a look see.

A friend went this weekend and he said it was terrible. Water was 25 feet from the end of the ramp and is looking stagnant. It's going to be years before the fishing gets back to normal.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide