Forums59
Topics1,038,947
Posts13,956,194
Members144,183
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Game Warden on Fork Sunday at public ramp [Re: JIM SR.] #10801583 04/27/15 11:04 PM
Bruce Allen Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
my inflatable went off just fine when I ended up in the water in January some years back. A different one went off ok in the back of my pickup cap one year too.

Lake Fork Anglers
Every Thursday
Daytime Tournaments.

Lake Fork Sportsman's Association
www.lakeforksa.com/

We are VERY PROUD of our Induction into the
Texas Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Game Warden on Fork Sunday at public ramp [Re: Chris B] #10801644 04/27/15 11:26 PM
T
TXBeerHunter Offline
Angler
Angler
T
Originally Posted By: Chris B
Originally Posted By: TXBeerHunter
Originally Posted By: PTGfish
Inflatables only count as a Type V if you have it on at all times. If you do not wear it while fishing you better have a regular vest in the boat for each person.

Ah, ok got it, I do now wear it all the time because the inflatables are so much more comfortable and I fish alone a lot. Kind of silly though, an inflatable doesn't count if you aren't wearing it, but a 'regular vest' still counts if you aren't wearing it.

Not really considering they don't always go off. No way I would rely on an inflatable to save my life.

So fishing alone, you wear a regular vest all the time? I just ask because you can have 30 regular vests in the boat, but if you don't have one on, it doesn't really matter.

"If worms carried pistols, birds wouldn't eat 'em."
- Darrell Royal
Re: Game Warden on Fork Sunday at public ramp [Re: JIM SR.] #10802003 04/28/15 01:08 AM
T
Tony Maynard Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
T
Had a Game Warden sitting at ramp on Lake Tyler East at Hwy 64 ramp approach me Saturday evening right after sunset. I had my wife and 2 kids with me. He saw my little ones were wearing life jackets and asked me to show him 2 for me and the wife and throwable and fire extinguisher. He asked if we had been fishing and I told him I took the little ones crappie fishing while my wife was just along for the ride so he asked to see my license and saw fish were good and told me thanks and went to check others. He was very polite and I was actually proud to see he was out trying to make sure everyone was being safe and legal.

Re: Game Warden on Fork Sunday at public ramp [Re: Outdoordude] #10802076 04/28/15 01:30 AM
emorydog Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: Outdoordude
Originally Posted By: emorydog
Originally Posted By: Outdoordude
Originally Posted By: KingwoodCat

If you are off the water, why does he care whether or not you have the required stuff? Your not fishing or boating, your cleaning.

Most game wardens come pre-loaded with common sense. (They just watched him load his boat and he probably had fishing rods on the deck)

That sure appears an ignorant position to take to presume something happened. If he was seen fishing or in poseession of fish i could understand asked to produce a fishing license, but outside those two items, why would he need to see it. Maybe someone was taking his boat out of the slip and taking it to the house.

I don't understand how it's so insulting to be asked to present a license when there's a reasonable chance you've been fishing. If he was driving a Sea-Doo with a bunch of inflatables and people in swimwear in the boat I'd be more willing to buy your position against the warden asking to see a license.

Illegal pot growers who grow dope inside a home need lights. Lights need electricity. Law enforcement sees lights on in your house indicating you have both these items. Can he search your house based on those circumstances? Same difference and neither is appropriate. Don't get me wrong, I like them there checking up on things, just don't think it is appropriate to request a fishing license from someone whom is not fishing for some unknown reason. It's bad business. It is not illegal to drive a boat while in possession of fishing poles.

In regards to the people who wear a manually inflated PFD I hope you never need it. In emergency situations it makes zero sence to have to begin the ordeal blowing up your life vest, I guess maybe it's easier when you are not knocked out cold. I have never worn on and would never rely on it as a PFD.

weber
Re: Game Warden on Fork Sunday at public ramp [Re: JIM SR.] #10802126 04/28/15 01:43 AM
D
Deputy T Offline
Angler
Angler
D
Everyone seems to be ok with him asking for his license. I see no " bad business" with his tactics. Keep up the good work TPWD!

In God we trust, All others I run through TCIC/NCIC
Re: Game Warden on Fork Sunday at public ramp [Re: JIM SR.] #10802189 04/28/15 02:02 AM
Tiltman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I agree with Emorydog , I don't dislike game wardens at all but to police a boat ramp at fork checking the funnel or choke point if you will is weak. Don't ask me for my boating requirements if I'm not boating and don't ask me for my fishing requirements if I'm not fishing. How about go to ray Hubbard on mill road and start checking for licenses and violations. For every non licensed non compliant angler on Fork there is probably 10 on any other lake.

Re: Game Warden on Fork Sunday at public ramp [Re: JIM SR.] #10802227 04/28/15 02:14 AM
D
ddmm Offline
Angler
Angler
D
Originally Posted By: JIM SR.
We fished Sunday and had put in at the public ramp on Lake Fork just of 515/17 hwys, the one across the street
from AJ's. We came back in about noonish and was meet by the Game Warden. We had pulled out and were drying the boat in the parking lot.
He asked us for our fishing licenses, life jackets, fire extingusher, and a throwable. He also asked if we had caught/kept any fish.
He was very cordial and polite. I was pleased to see him there and more than happy to answer and show him everything, and I made it a point to thank him for his service. He looked at about 5 boats while we were there. Good job sir.

Good Job Jim Sr. .....we need a few more folks thanking the Game Wardens and other Law Enforcement Officers these days for the job
they do for us. Too much on the news these days about them being the bad guys.

We were on Fork last year in our family boat. My son, wife, brother in-law and his wife. GW pulled us over while we were trolling for sandbass. Asked how we were doing, ask if the ladies were fishing, which they weren't, then asked the guys for fishing license. After we checked out on everything, they gave us tips on were the sandbass were schooled up!

Let's back these guys for a change and bash the bad guys breaking the laws!!

Re: Game Warden on Fork Sunday at public ramp [Re: Tiltman] #10802248 04/28/15 02:21 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: Tiltman
I agree with Emorydog , I don't dislike game wardens at all but to police a boat ramp at fork checking the funnel or choke point if you will is weak. Don't ask me for my boating requirements if I'm not boating and don't ask me for my fishing requirements if I'm not fishing. How about go to ray Hubbard on mill road and start checking for licenses and violations. For every non licensed non compliant angler on Fork there is probably 10 on any other lake.

Haha. They could also check for legal citizenship there too.

And I'm on the side of being ticked if asked for a license for fishing, WHEN NOT FISHING. It would be no different than having a cop stop at your driveway, while you are washing your truck/car, and ask for a driver's license and insurance. Yep. You probably did drive it judging from the bugs on the windshield( certainly you didn't sit there and throw each and every big ol bug one at a time onto your windsheild.....LOL)And yep, you probably plan on driving it again real soon...BUT YOU AINT DRIVING IT WHEN WASHING IT. And standing on a boat, holding a fishing pole in your hand isn't fishing. The line has to be in the water!

I feel like game wardens are being lazy when they are checking at the ramps. They need to patrol the waters and catch criminals like the rest of law inforcement.

And yes, I am a fully legal boater. And I am licensed to fish in 9 states this year. So, yeah, I've paid my "dues". It just kinda makes me mad that the GWs are so LAZY when guys like you and I go through all the PITA work to be legal. Now, if I'm boarded on the water, while fishing, I'm gladly gonna show my papers. And yes, if they take a long time to do their work, I'll still be a little POed.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Game Warden on Fork Sunday at public ramp [Re: JIM SR.] #10802352 04/28/15 02:52 AM
J
JIM SR. Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
J
he asked if we had been fishing, I said yes, he asked for our license, no big deal.

Re: Game Warden on Fork Sunday at public ramp [Re: JIM SR.] #10802398 04/28/15 03:04 AM
Tiltman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: JIM SR.
he asked if we had been fishing, I said yes, he asked for our license, no big deal.

Its fine to be gracious and cooperative I'm not saying I wouldn't be but to me what if he stops you along the road side or at the beer store parking lot on your way home ?

I'm just not a fan of that tactic at all, if I'm not fishing I shouldnt be asked for my license , I applaud the game wardens out on the water and wish I'd see more of them I'm always polite and I am always legal.

Re: Game Warden on Fork Sunday at public ramp [Re: JIM SR.] #10802608 04/28/15 05:56 AM
B
Bobby Milam Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
There is a difference between asking and demanding. He can ask you for anything and you can deny. He could ask for your marriage license if he wanted. If you wanted to say no he would just move on unless he had seen you fishing earlier.

Of course your attitude may get you a ticket instead of a warning.

Last edited by Bobby Milam; 04/28/15 05:59 AM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide