Received this 42lb box today!! Already updated both units and should be starting the installation tomorrow. I have the GT50, NMEA2000, Point 1 Antenna and all the electrical blocks so it shouldn't take too long. Have to come up with a way to mount the forward Panoptix to the trolling motor but hopefully my plan will work.
Couple of quick notes:
1. The unit boots up to the warning screen in about 25 seconds. That's faster than my Simrad Evo2 by a bit.
2. The screen is very bright and the touch interface is fast and precise.
3. Updating the unit is very easy. You download the update from Garmin, open it up and it starts a wizard to transfer the update to the SD card. Then you put it in the unit and follow the instructions. Very simple.
4. The unit is very light and narrow compared to the Simrad or Onix.
5. GPS was acquired extremely fast and inside my house I had 8 satellites locked in about 1 minute.
6. The unit comes with a NMEA2000 drop cable included.
7. So far this thing is pretty impressive.
8. My all time favorite feature of the Humminbird Onix was the maximizing of screens. On a multiple pane view you could touch a pane with 2 fingers and it would go to a full screen. You then touch the maximized pane with 2 fingers again and it would go back to the multiple pane view. Garmin took that to the next level as you only use one finger and you don't have to touch it for 2-3 seconds. You then hit the "back" key and it returns to the multiple pane view. Just works much better and faster also.