Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Spring time fishing on Richland Chambers Lake: #10781371 04/20/15 04:27 PM
BOB HOLMES GS Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
April 16th - Spring time fishig on Richland Chambers Lake

Sand bass, hybrids, and catfish are finally all hitting. We've been catching these catfish for a few weeks and kind of waiting on the sand bass and hybrids to show up.
Finally we are catching them all now.

The cool fronts slow them down a little but most days we have a few sand bass we can throw a rattle trap at and catch a cooler full. Unfortunately most the hybrids are anywhere from an inch short of 18 inches with a lot just being 10 to 11 inches long. They need to be 18 inches to be legal keepers. We're going to be loaded with good hybrids in a couple of years. So be careful handling the smaller fish try not to damage there mouth and wearing a rubber coated glove helps them keep their protective coating so they can make it to maturity.

I'm looking for feeding birds to guide me to the fish and also some of the traditional spots are just holding fish. Places like Pelican Island, long arm, and wind sock are all good places to run your graph over and just see if you mark any fish. If I mark fish on the deep structures I turn my boat, idle back drop the trolling motor and drop a slab down. It's all fun weather you catch them on rattle traps or slabs.
I like to fish for catfish on the windy days which just makes everything work better. The bait I favor this time of year is fresh caught shad. The shad are finally spawning so around daylight I can usually catch enough bait for the morning fish.

Crappie I believe will be a little slow back to the brush piles with all the cool weather and fresh water we have had. They are so unpredictable; I'll work on them in May and June.

Good luck and happy fishing!
Call to book your trip today:
Bob Holmes guide service longest continuous working fishing guide on the lake and still the striper record holder.
214 728 3310
bob@texasfishingguide.net
www.texasfishingguide.net

Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: Spring time fishing on Richland Chambers Lake: [Re: BOB HOLMES GS] #10790494 04/23/15 04:12 PM
C
Clay at twok Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
I'm headed down there to bid a tree job and am taking my boat with me. I plan to launch at fishermans point. Thinking I'd try for catfish off some of those main lake points down there but open to suggestions. Are there any big blues in that lake?

Clay Grigson
Trophy Catfish Guide and fresh gizzard Shad Dealer
twokguide.com

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide