facebook
Forum Stats
102692 Members
61 Forums
858447 Topics
11261480 Posts

Max Online: 36273 @ 01/23/13 02:34 PM
Topic Options
#10770025 - 04/15/15 12:30 PM Clean Water Lures Will Buy Your Old Plastics And For Every Pack Sold A Pack Will Be Given To A Young Angler
Mr.PondMan Offline
Outdoorsman

Supporting Young Anglers And Paying Anglers For Their Old Soft Plastics!

Clean Water Lures Will Buy Your Old Plastics And For Every Pack Sold A Pack Will Be Given To A Young Angler

WHAT: We buy old, scrap, torn up soft plastic lures from anglers around the country. For each pack we sell we give ONE pack away to a high school or college angler/team

WHY: In our market research we found that 84% of anglers throw their old, useless soft plastics away, while 8% of anglers melt their baits down and recycle them and 8% “collect them.” We also found that over half of all anglers have at least a pound of old soft plastics sitting in their tackle box.

WHERE: Find Us On Facebook At
www.facebook.com/CleanWaterLures

Or, email us at pj@cleanwaterlures.com

HOW: The average angler sends us 10-15 pounds of various soft plastics. Lure companies are also helping by donating and offering us the plastic scraps that they have left over from their operations.

WHO: We are currently partnering with bait companies that both process the plastics the angler sends in, but also melts down the baits and recycles them into new baits. In addition to helping the angler as well as our waters we also support the manufacturer by paying their manufacturing and labor costs.

What does Clean Water do? We buy old, scrap, torn up soft plastic lures from anglers around the country. We pay the angler by the pound, $2.60 for each pound of baits that they send in to us, as well as their shipping costs. For each pack we sell both wholesale and retail we give ONE pack away to a high school or college angler/team in the purchasing Anglers or tackle shops home state

#10845978 - 05/15/15 08:06 AM Re: Clean Water Lures Will Buy Your Old Plastics And For Every Pack Sold A Pack Will Be Given To A Young Angler [Re: Mr.PondMan]
ChuChu1 Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: Gonzales, Tx
Working thru the issue.

Edited by ChuChu1 (05/15/15 12:49 PM)

Member:
Stephen F Austin's Old 300
Sons of Confederate Veterans
Sons of The Republic of Texas

#10863431 - 05/22/15 09:07 AM Re: Clean Water Lures Will Buy Your Old Plastics And For Every Pack Sold A Pack Will Be Given To A Young Angler [Re: Mr.PondMan]
ChuChu1 Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: Gonzales, Tx
Clean Water Lures? I sent Mr Pondman 15 pounds of old plastic worms, and paid $17.90 shipping. As per his ads, he would send me a package of new baits for each pound of old plastic, and refund the postage. Well, he has skipped, not sending the baits and not refunding my shipping cost. I sent him a message and he said he would take care of the problem. I waited another week and sent him another message. he replied he got a shipment of new baits in and would send them right away. It's been another week and nothing.

Member:
Stephen F Austin's Old 300
Sons of Confederate Veterans
Sons of The Republic of Texas

#10863651 - 05/22/15 10:42 AM Re: Clean Water Lures Will Buy Your Old Plastics And For Every Pack Sold A Pack Will Be Given To A Young Angler [Re: ChuChu1]
lovethosebass Offline
Outdoorsman

Loc: central texas
No one has been on their facebook page since April 27 either. I have tried to contact them before also but never received an answer. I have several # of old inventory that is not selling so I thought I could sell them to these people but I guess not!!

#10864075 - 05/22/15 01:33 PM Re: Clean Water Lures Will Buy Your Old Plastics And For Every Pack Sold A Pack Will Be Given To A Young Angler [Re: Mr.PondMan]
Kenja Offline
Outdoorsman

Loc: Highland Village
April 22nd? That's about the time they were asking for "volunteers" to collect plastics at tournaments for them?

© 1998-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide