Forums59
Topics1,037,854
Posts13,935,657
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Spinnerbaits....Help Me Learn to Like Them [Re: 5Redman8] #10770255 04/15/15 07:38 PM
Donald Harper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
It takes time. I fished them exclusively for 15 years before moving on to other baits and I won more tournaments back then using them than the last 35 years.

Here are the things I put on my spinner baits that makes them fulfill the dinner bell list for bass. I want the bass to eat it because it is real to them. There is no question that it is alive and a critter that they will not pass up. It must have every sense that a big bass is looking for. I catch more fish on them in heavy cover situations than all my other go to baits when the fish are up there and biting in 8 ft. of water or less. My spinner baits as you will read can carry more of the senses than most of the other baits; sight, sound, smell, taste, and vibration.

- 3/4 oz. custom that I build from the Hank Parker Classic is my fast moving bait for heavy cover.

- The head painted Silver Perl Shad with Diamond Dust Glitter. This goes very well with all my living rugger skirt material in all the natural forage colors.

- I now install 1/4 inch Eyes.

- My skirts are made from living rubber with Minnow Powder poured into the rubber rolls. I make skirts in 5 colors to match the forage fish in the lakes with consideration for the seasonal patterns of these forages. Each skirt goes into a Minnow Oil Extract for 24 hours before being banded then hand tied on each bait. The scent mask the human odor very will and the living rubber holds the scent for ever. I still spray on scent twice daily when fishing because I want it leaving a trail in the water.

- I use the discontinued Stanley Pro Trailer. Big Bass just will not pass them up and it give the bait the vibration they are seeking.

Making Them Stike - I bump the spinner bait into every piece of cover it passes. I drop it and let it fall when it does this then slowly pump it off the bottom. If in 3 ft. of water I keep the bait just under the surface and wake the water. Spawning bass will get the bait before it hits the bottom. They are not going to drop this spinner bait.

Slow Rolling Deep Water - I have caught many over 10 lbs. in 25 ft. of water dragging or strolling my deep water 1 oz. baits and I build the skirts and blades for:
- Stained water cloudy days.
- Stained water sunny days.
- Clear water cloudy days.
- Clear water sunny days.

Many fisherman over kill on the blades in stained and deep water. Never under estimate the bass's ability to find it. They have just the right senses for this. If it is moving they know it's there. I down size my blades. I never use big blades.

Each person you work with holds some promise to your future success.
Websiite Sponsors:
www.eletewater.com - Staying Hydrated
www.lakeoviachic.com - Booking Mexico Trips
20 Hot Spot Mapping - GPS Contour Chips - Custom Spinner Baits - Jigs -Spooks
Pure Extracts - Minnow-Night Crawler-Crayfish-Craylic

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Spinnerbaits....Help Me Learn to Like Them [Re: Bugzout10] #10770555 04/15/15 09:38 PM
T
timwins31 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: Bugzout10
Curious on why people don't like spinnerbaits

I don't dislike them, but they're not one of my go tos. I'm kinda indifferent. If I can fish a moving bait with a blade, I want it to be a chatterbait. The only time I really throw a spinnerbait is in REALLY snaggy cover. They definitely work, I just like fishing other lures more.

Re: Spinnerbaits....Help Me Learn to Like Them [Re: 5Redman8] #10770574 04/15/15 09:46 PM
M
manhunter Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
M
I NEVER leave home without one tied on. NEVER. The biggest issue people have with spinnerbaits is that they try to over think it. Keep it simple. I throw white, white/chart, all chartreuse and red and black. That's it. I change the blades depending on the "thump" I want and how deep I need to go. I also vary blade size based on the bait fish in the area.

Re: Spinnerbaits....Help Me Learn to Like Them [Re: 5Redman8] #10770977 04/16/15 01:11 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Today was a good spinnerbait day. Threw an old white/chartreuse with one gold and one silver Colorado blades. I caught four in 30 minutes standing in the same spot on the trinity. The first one was the best.

First cast, I notice a fish swim right in front of me (turned out to be a gar) and I start burning my spinnerbait back towards this little boat launch I was standing on to see if I could get this fish to bite before I realized it was a gar. About six feet in front of me, right before it was getting near where the gar was, it got absolutely hammered. I thought it was another gar that hit it and then I realized it was a big bass. Almost pulled my rod out of my hand and into the river.

Weighed in at five pounds:

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide