Forums59
Topics1,038,777
Posts13,952,591
Members144,176
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Bass champs new show [Re: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)] #10752132 04/07/15 10:32 PM
slim 285 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
It was different . But to me it was a welcome change. And Eve is hell of a lot better looking than Mcalmont is.
Fish is a entertainer, always has been and always will be. thumb

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Bass champs new show [Re: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)] #10752168 04/07/15 10:48 PM
B
Bobby Milam Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
B
When I heard Fish explain the new show, he explained it as they were going to follow the trail and show what it was like to fish the tournament with the twist being a bf/gf team and the disagreements that would come from that perspective.

It sounded good on theory. I assumed that his gf fished and knew what she wad doing and how the tournament worked. There really seems no reason for it to be a tournament in the background. It seemed on par with something that I'd see on YouTube of a guy and his girlfriend fishing a local lake. The jokes seemed to be aimed at the teenager crowd.

It was actually worse than Roland Martins show

Re: Bass champs new show [Re: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)] #10752205 04/07/15 11:11 PM
Big C Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I finally caught the show. I'll preface my comments by saying that I've been watching bass fishing shows for around 50 years, so, I'm pretty jaded about them to begin with. It's rare that any of them are what I'd like them to be but then I understand that their sole purpose is to make money and, I guess, fishing shows play to the lowest common denominator to increase viewership and thereby increase revenue dollars. I have to say even at that, this show is below average even for this type of show. It's so canned and obviously set up as to be useless. To be honest, I didn't really care for the old format either but this is even worse. I'm sure "Fish" flew in for the day, shot as much film as possible (to be edited later) to put in the can. Obviously, his GF hasn't even been in a boat much less fished and didn't even follow the "script" that well. I have been thinking of taking it off the DVR for awhile now (record too many fishing shows anyway) and this helped my decision along.

BIG C

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.

Sir Winston Churchill
Re: Bass champs new show [Re: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)] #10752811 04/08/15 02:53 AM
21elite Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I had it recorded and just watched it,, pretty lame to say the least, but Fishburns girlfriend is hot!!

Re: Bass champs new show [Re: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)] #10752849 04/08/15 03:06 AM
P
PhishWhisperer Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
P
Fish's show was definitely not great, unfortunately. But still better than Bill Dance and his perpetual commercial while shooting fish in a private barrel.

Re: Bass champs new show [Re: PhishWhisperer] #10752973 04/08/15 03:51 AM
Big C Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: PhishWhisperer
Fish's show was definitely not great, unfortunately. But still better than Bill Dance and his perpetual commercial while shooting fish in a private barrel.

But his gig has been the same for nearly 40 years, so it's at least predictable.

BIG C

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.

Sir Winston Churchill
Re: Bass champs new show [Re: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)] #10752978 04/08/15 03:53 AM
Big C Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
but Fishburns girlfriend is hot!!

Not bad but I would have thought he could have done better.

BIG C

Sir Winston Churchill
Re: Bass champs new show [Re: Big C] #10753420 04/08/15 01:57 PM
C
Chris G Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C

Has anyone thought to consider this is just the first episode and maybe they were trying to "set the stage"? They had to introduce Fish Fishburne and his partner and explain why he was even at the tournaments. He was fishing the Berkley event that had over 900 people fishing it on this episode. How in the world could they pick the "right" boat to follow? The last nine Berkley events had ZERO fishing coverage and only had coverage of the fish being weighed in. If I recall a bunch of people on here complained about that too. I'm sure every event episode from here on out has a lot more fishing and discussions with all of the winners. From what I know the show is about REAL tournament fishing not just a guy sitting there fishing for days trying to piece together a 30 minute show.

As usual, I think Bass Champs has obviously done a great job marketing since its been talked about on all forums for more than 3 days since the first episode aired and we are still talking about it today. I'm looking forward to see what Fish does next and have no doubt it will be fun to watch and a welcomed change from the same type of fishing shows we've seen over the last 25 years.

My DVR is definitely set to record and I plan to watch all of them. I would bet that its going to be a great entertaining and informative show when its all said and done.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Bass champs new show [Re: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)] #10753845 04/08/15 04:26 PM
Big C Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Quote:
As usual the TFF never disappoints with its negativity and the funniest part is most of it is coming from people who wouldn't have the first clue what it takes to put on a TV show, much less a fishing show.

So, by your rational, people here shouldn't be allowed to have an OPINION?

BIG C

Sir Winston Churchill
Re: Bass champs new show [Re: Big C] #10753901 04/08/15 04:48 PM
C
Chris G Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
So, by your rational, people here shouldn't be allowed to have an OPINION?[/quote]

Nope, opinions are what make this site successful for JP and company. My point is that if you look at the vast majority of posts on this site, they are definitely slanted in a negative way most of the time. People would rather criticize something than be positive about it, I guess its more fun for them. The reality is this was one episode of a brand new series where they appear to have wanted to kind of get an intro done since it was so different than the previous show and it explodes into "this show sucks", "this show is horrible", "fish is horrible and not funny", etc, etc. That was my only point.

I will give it a shot to see what it does in the long haul because people make shows to make money and if the show is something people don't want to watch then they don't make money for very long. So, my guess is the show will end up being as good and probably better than the previous shows.

Re: Bass champs new show [Re: Big C] #10753914 04/08/15 04:53 PM
B
Bobby Milam Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
B
Originally Posted By: Big C
Quote:
As usual the TFF never disappoints with its negativity and the funniest part is most of it is coming from people who wouldn't have the first clue what it takes to put on a TV show, much less a fishing show.

Evidentally you can if you firm the correct opinion. Been watching tv shows for year and don't know how to make one but I do know if I enjoy it our not.

I'm sure there will be tons of info in it too. Like wet my measuring sick. Why? Because I read about it somewhere in a magazine.

Re: Bass champs new show [Re: Chris G] #10754365 04/08/15 08:04 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted By: Chris G
Originally Posted By: Big C
Quote:

Nope, opinions are what make this site successful for JP and company. My point is that if you look at the vast majority of posts on this site, they are definitely slanted in a negative way most of the time. People would rather criticize something than be positive about it, I guess its more fun for them. The reality is this was one episode of a brand new series where they appear to have wanted to kind of get an intro done since it was so different than the previous show and it explodes into "this show sucks", "this show is horrible", "fish is horrible and not funny", etc, etc. That was my only point.

I will give it a shot to see what it does in the long haul because people make shows to make money and if the show is something people don't want to watch then they don't make money for very long. So, my guess is the show will end up being as good and probably better than the previous shows.

Bingo. However it's way more fun to jump to conclusions, be negative and denounce your affiliation with something. Lol

Re: Bass champs new show [Re: Chris G] #10754422 04/08/15 08:36 PM
Zach412 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted By: Chris G

Has anyone thought to consider this is just the first episode and maybe they were trying to "set the stage"? They had to introduce Fish Fishburne and his partner and explain why he was even at the tournaments. He was fishing the Berkley event that had over 900 people fishing it on this episode. How in the world could they pick the "right" boat to follow? The last nine Berkley events had ZERO fishing coverage and only had coverage of the fish being weighed in. If I recall a bunch of people on here complained about that too. I'm sure every event episode from here on out has a lot more fishing and discussions with all of the winners. From what I know the show is about REAL tournament fishing not just a guy sitting there fishing for days trying to piece together a 30 minute show.

As usual, I think Bass Champs has obviously done a great job marketing since its been talked about on all forums for more than 3 days since the first episode aired and we are still talking about it today. I'm looking forward to see what Fish does next and have no doubt it will be fun to watch and a welcomed change from the same type of fishing shows we've seen over the last 25 years.

My DVR is definitely set to record and I plan to watch all of them. I would bet that its going to be a great entertaining and informative show when its all said and done.

I have been frequenting this site for a while now and I would have to agree that it seems a vast majority of people on here are extremely opinionated and negative. However being a marketing guy myself this is one thread where I don't see much of an issue, I have never produced a TV Show but I would think as a producer or host company you would value any feedback, negative or positive, in order to improve on future episodes.

From most peoples comments on here I think that the ones that disliked the show would have nothing bad to say about the Bass Champs as an organization or Mr. Fish, but instead just didn't care for the show which does need some help...

Side note: I also know for most Season Premier Episodes on normal television the first episode is KEY to draw the viewer back in for more... hard to make a case for this Show

Last edited by Zach412; 04/08/15 08:38 PM.
Re: Bass champs new show [Re: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)] #10754483 04/08/15 09:02 PM
Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life) Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
First impressions are everything. And Bass Champs walked right into their first interview wearing a cheap suit with the tags still on it, forgot to shower and put on deodorant then proceeded to provide a week women like handshake. Good for them most of us are gonna bring them back for a second, third, forth interview and give them more tries because they have been producing quality shows for quite a while.

Re: Bass champs new show [Re: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)] #10754486 04/08/15 09:03 PM
C
Chris G Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Zach412 - I agree with a lot of what you said including the comment about the 1st episode thing with TV shows. In most cases they are really looking at the 1st 3 episodes based on what the network has done in regards to air time where they have purchased the show. In this case, I think Champs was just trying to figure out how to do an intro show and pretty much nothing else. I wonder if that fish he caught was an over instead of being an inch short, what everyone would have thought about it then since he would have gone thru the weigh in process and would obviously had gotten a check. My biggest point was the "trashing" of the show was way over the top like many things on here can be. Like I said, future shows will get watched and I'm sure there will end up being opinions on both sides.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide