Forums59
Topics1,039,320
Posts13,962,817
Members144,199
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: PHOENIX or SKEETER? Fun-n-Sun Boats now has BOTH! [Re: Flippin-Out] #10716617 03/23/15 12:32 PM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Flippin-Out
Skeeter250,

One business entity owning multiple brands is nothing new, nor does it spell doom for those redundant "direct competitors". There are many examples: in the restaurant industry right here in Texas, the Landry family owns multiple brands, yet they don't shut down any of them! The "Papa's" franchise has BBQ, burger joints, and more...all intended to satisfy each niche appetite that happens daily.

Sunbeam offers bread products, yet they readily bake under brands for others who want to sell product. Sunbeam gets $ when people buy Sunbeam, but they get ADDITIONAL market share when someone doesn't feel like having Sunbeam today and buys that other brand that Sunbeam baked too!

There are many instances where a business entity owns multiple brands without the consumer even realizing it. Companies do this because each operation offers different things to different markets, but in whole increases the corporate market-share. My point was that someone wants to make an advantage out of a business transaction that has no foundation in FACT. They're simply stirring the pot with nothing more than self-fulling gossip for their own hopeful benefit. The statement made was uncalled for, and there is no factual data to support it. The spokesperson simple hopes to generate business by spinning a story to suit their interests.

In fact, a trade publication reporting on the transaction mentioned Morris having no intent to disrupt dealerships of the brands involved. Johnny doesn't have a Tracker Marine outlet in every city where boats are sold. He also knows that some will never buy a Tracker. So, he can make MORE money by owning and selling them whatever brand they do want.

I guess some brands run out of product features to lure customers so they just create some unfounded FUD about the competition and hope to sell a boat - sad way to do it in my opinion. I'm glad I didn't just spend $50K at Fun-N-Gossip Boats.....

I wonder how Office Max employees felt when Office depot bought them out. Their is always uncertainty when a big company buys out another company because most of the time something changes good or bad but their is always uncertainty.

Great boat Phoenix good luck with it Fun & Sun I hope you sale a ton

Re: PHOENIX or SKEETER? Fun-n-Sun Boats now has BOTH! [Re: Flippin-Out] #10716862 03/23/15 02:12 PM
emorydog Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Skeeter250,

One business entity owning multiple brands is nothing new, nor does it spell doom for those redundant "direct competitors". There are many examples: in the restaurant industry right here in Texas, the Landry family owns multiple brands, yet they don't shut down any of them! The "Papa's" franchise has BBQ, burger joints, and more...all intended to satisfy each niche appetite that happens daily.

Sunbeam offers bread products, yet they readily bake under brands for others who want to sell product. Sunbeam gets $ when people buy Sunbeam, but they get ADDITIONAL market share when someone doesn't feel like having Sunbeam today and buys that other brand that Sunbeam baked too!

There are many instances where a business entity owns multiple brands without the consumer even realizing it. Companies do this because each operation offers different things to different markets, but in whole increases the corporate market-share. My point was that someone wants to make an advantage out of a business transaction that has no foundation in FACT. They're simply stirring the pot with nothing more than self-fulling gossip for their own hopeful benefit. The statement made was uncalled for, and there is no factual data to support it. The spokesperson simple hopes to generate business by spinning a story to suit their interests.

In fact, a trade publication reporting on the transaction mentioned Morris having no intent to disrupt dealerships of the brands involved. Johnny doesn't have a Tracker Marine outlet in every city where boats are sold. He also knows that some will never buy a Tracker. So, he can make MORE money by owning and selling them whatever brand they do want.

I guess some brands run out of product features to lure customers so they just create some unfounded FUD about the competition and hope to sell a boat - sad way to do it in my opinion. I'm glad I didn't just spend $50K at Fun-N-Gossip Boats.....

I see you are still at it trying to quell your deep concern regarding the future of the Morris Brands, and in doing so you are doing precicely what you are accusing others of...bottom dwelling. Saying it will all be OK and nothing will change is naive, and saying it over and over again will not make it so. You are the only one up until now tossing out insults and belittling others. They right to have a position, whether you agree with it or not. Your unsubstantiated position there is certainty of the "Brands" isn't verified or corroborated anywhere I have seen.

I suspect unless you are Johnny Morris posting under some keyboard cowboy name, but I am uncertain, then you also don't know all the facts and are also uncertain. Any positions you have to the contrary are moot. Mentioning one article by an unnamed "trade publication" doesn't exactly exude confidence of the future. If there was a clear expressed path moving forward from the Company, I suspect it would be widely publicized and thus ending the "uncertainty" mentioned in the original post. If competing brands were to be sold to a larger entity, then I would think at that point their future would also be uncertain, much like the position you are attempting to defend.

Maybe to just clear all this up, post up some actual FACTS as to what WILL BE the future of the Brands, leaving out your thoughts and opinions. Then, I may reconsider your motives for bashing others opinions and personal attacks. You claim that a particular statement was uncalled for and unsubstantiated regarding uncertainty, but that is far from the truth. How many different BBQ joints does Pappas have, they just have the one. Perhaps you liked the AMC Pacer back in the day, but it is no longer with us because things change.

Owning a Ranger jacket doesn't make one an expert nor does having a snappy keyboard handle or referencing a generic tabloid boating publication. If you get a chance, post up the actual documents you must have received from Ranger, Fishing Holdings, or even 'ol Johnny boy himself. The ones that difinitively spell out the certain future of all their brands, like the now multiple lines of aluminum boats that may not make much sense to keep. Clearly up to this point, nobody has stooped as low as you, engaging in inflamitory accusations, pure speculation, and what some might consider borderline slander. I find, generally, arguing with a boat (or car) salesman is a beating as they never know when to quit until the guy walks out the door. So I'm heading out, please don't follow me. Have your manager work something up to help everyone understand what the future brings, then you can copy and paste as your own.

In full disclosure: I am not or ever have been an employee of Phoenix boats, skeeter boats, or any other boat brand. I have never sold them, I am not in, or never have been in the boat business and don't have family in the business or ever had. I don't own a bass boat and dont work for or ever worked for fun n sun boats, althought they have worked on a boat or two of mine over the years. I don't work at Academy or Cabelas any sporting retailer, and I'm certainly not an over the top Homer of any boat brand.

Your position is not validated in any way other than your opinion. In addition, your assessment as to the motives of others positions regarding the sale and likely subsequent changes are purely speculation. You stated that until Morris/BPS/FH make a statement that there Is uncertainty then there is no need to concern oneself. Haha...Until they make a statement outlining the progression of this deal, then that leaves nothing but uncertainty. Unfortunately it doesn't work the other way around. I admit to not knowing very much, however I am 100% certian you dont know the future. You clearly don't seem to have any concerns in the way you are "defending" your position and that's OK. It appears highly flawed to me, but for you I guess that will just have to do.

weber
Re: PHOENIX or SKEETER? Fun-n-Sun Boats now has BOTH! [Re: emorydog] #10717953 03/23/15 09:08 PM
Fishinfellow Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: emorydog
Skeeter250,

I see you are still at it trying to quell your deep concern for the future of the Morris Brands, and in doing so you are doing precicely what you are accusing others of...bottom dwelling. Saying it will all be OK and nothing will change is naive, and saying it over and over again will not make it so. You are the only one up until now tossing out insults and belittling others, who are in the right to have a position, whether you agree with it or not. Your unsubstantiated position there is certainty of the "Brands" is the only thing at this point that isn't verified or corroborated anywhere I have seen.

I suspect unless you are Johnny Morris posting under some keyboard cowboy name, and don't think so but i am uncertain because I don't know for sure, then you also don't know all the facts and are also uncertain of the future, and any positions you have to the contrary are moot. Mentioning one article by an unnamed "trade publication" doesn't exactly exude confidence as to what will be the end result. If there was a clear expressed path moving forward from the Company, I suspect it would be widely publicized and thus quelling the "uncertainty" mentioned in the original post and others positions. If the competing brands you claim to have run out of product features were to be sold to a larger entity, then I would think at that point their future would also be uncertain, much like the position you are attempting to defend.

Maybe to just clear all this up, post up some actual FACTS as to what WILL BE the future of the Brands, leaving out your simple thoughts on the matter and post the FACTS. Then, I will consider your motives for bashing others opinions and personal attacks to be more valid than they are today. You claim that a particular statement was uncalled for and unsubstantiated, but that is far from the truth. Big sweeping changes happened to other brands that were bought up that go the opposite way your poor Sunbeam example illustrates. How many different BBQ joints does Pappas have, they just have the one. Perhaps you liked the AMC Pacer back in the day, but it is no longer with us because things change when big moves happen.

Owning a Ranger jacket doesn't make one an expert nor does having a snappy keyboard handle or referencing a generic tabloid boating publication. If you get a chance, post up the actual classified documents you must have received from Ranger, Fishing Holdings, or even 'ol Johnny boy himself. You know, the ones that difinitively spell out the certain future of all their brands, like the now multiple lines of aluminum boats that might not make much sense to keep . Clearly up to this point, nobody has stooped as low as you, engaging in inflamitory accusations, speculation, and what some might consider borderline slander. I find, generally, arguing with a boat (or car) salesman is a beating as they never know when to quit until the guy walks out the door, so I'm heading out please don't follow me. Have your manager work something up today and help everyone understand what the future brings, then you can copy and paste as your own.

In full disclosure: I am not or ever have been an employee of Phoenix boats, skeeter boats, or any other boat brand. I have never sold them, I am not in, or never have been in the boat business and don't have family in the business or ever had. I don't own a bass boat and dont work for or ever worked for fun n sun boats, althought they have worked on a boat or two of mine over the years. I don't work at Academy or Cabelas any sporting retailer, and I'm certainly not an over the top Homer of any boat brand.

Your position is not validated in any way other than your posted opinion. In addition, your assessment as to the motives of others positions on the sale and likely subsequent changes are purely speculation. You stated that until Morris/BPS/FH make a statement that there Is uncertainty then there is no need to concern oneself. Haha...Until they make a statement outlining the progression of this deal, then that leaves nothing but uncertainty. Unfortunately it doesn't work the other way around. I admit to not knowing very much, however I am 100% certian you dont know the future. You clearly don't seem to have any concerns in the way you are "defending" you position and that's OK. It appears highly flawed, but for you I guess that will just have to do.

+1 clap

Thats my money fish
[Linked Image]
Kris Winhold
Re: PHOENIX or SKEETER? Fun-n-Sun Boats now has BOTH! [Re: Jeff Gilbert] #10729685 03/28/15 10:37 AM
USA-1 Online Sleepy
TFF Celebrity
Online Sleepy
TFF Celebrity
I didnt read into the word "uncertainty" as dirt slinging but rather a simple comment that the consumer just doesn't know what's JM plan near and long term especially having so many brands under one umbrella. Regardless we will have fun with Flipping-out should changes/announcements come about.

Re: PHOENIX or SKEETER? Fun-n-Sun Boats now has BOTH! [Re: Jeff Gilbert] #10729783 03/28/15 01:06 PM
K
KB1953 Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
K
I would think Ranger boats would be considered in the top two contenders for best bass boats with the uncertainty of Bass Cat! roflmao

Re: PHOENIX or SKEETER? Fun-n-Sun Boats now has BOTH! [Re: Jeff Gilbert] #10736126 03/31/15 04:31 PM
J
Jeff Gilbert Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
J
Two more new Phoenix Boats hit the showroom today- the 919 with a 225 Merc and a 921 with a Merc. Come on by and check them out!
Jeff

Here's to ruttin' bucks, cuppin' ducks, & kicker fish luck!

OWNER- FUN-n-SUN BOATS & TACKLE SALES
Cleburne & Hurst Texas
(817)279-1991 & 280-0303
www.funnsunboats.com
Re: PHOENIX or SKEETER? Fun-n-Sun Boats now has BOTH! [Re: Jeff Gilbert] #10736136 03/31/15 04:35 PM
F
FNSTackle Offline
Angler
Angler
F

Re: PHOENIX or SKEETER? Fun-n-Sun Boats now has BOTH! [Re: Jeff Gilbert] #10738288 04/01/15 02:24 PM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Y'all are going to have two good boat lines each with their own advantages. You should be able to cover anything a bass fisherman could want out of a boat.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide