Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
something disturbing #10717321 03/23/15 05:07 PM
A
Aquiles Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
A
Hey guys haven't noticed it as much here but on one of the Facebook pages, a man was showing a recent catch of sandbass and a couple of folks congratulated him I couldn't help but notice one of the first comments were directed at how it looked like over the limit.The man explained that yes it looked that way because it was a two person catch. he went on to explain where he caught them and on what , all of a sudden other users start getting on him for giving away a location. I mean the poor guy couldn't win he was trying to help out other users and was derided for it! I mean really would a guy come on a Web site and post a bunch of fish if he were doing something illegal and isn't it about helping the less knowledgeable!I know I've gotten lots of help and advice from folks ,even so far as explicit directions on where to try cause I'm crappie challenged.I guess it just seems to me there is a lot of greed and mean spirited people out there lately.what ever happened to the old "if you don't have something nice to say" attitude.

Re: something disturbing [Re: Aquiles] #10717336 03/23/15 05:15 PM
B
BridgeportGuide Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
It is not just FB, just post some pics here...You will see plenty of JR Wardens. Everybody is a Keyboard Commando these days.

Last edited by BridgeportGuide; 03/23/15 05:16 PM.
Re: something disturbing [Re: Aquiles] #10717435 03/23/15 05:54 PM
T
Tx Tree Grower Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Does not happen as much in this section as some of the others. Starting to happen pretty regular in the Catfish section. Try posting a pic of a Large Mouth Bass that you keep to eat in any section and watch what happens. You would think you killed the last LMB in the world.

Re: something disturbing [Re: Aquiles] #10717494 03/23/15 06:11 PM
S
Slingbait Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
S
The first time I posted a Good trip report I had to hear all that BS. I think its a "sour grapes" mentality on the part of some.

Re: something disturbing [Re: Aquiles] #10717639 03/23/15 07:17 PM
B
B_vandy Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
It's gotten worse on here recently I stopped posting reports because of catching flack. I had some friends post reports recently and on both post got dinged because it looked like they had to many overs or they were holding the fish improperly.. It's really starting to get to me it shouldn't be.. I like this site I love fishing and I like to see and hear about the success and PBs of others. This is the reason I got on this site was to learn and give some advice when I could help. There's nothing more fun to me then helping someone out and getting to see or hear about their succes and that's what this site is for and about getting together and helping others and maybe bragging abit here and there lol

[Linked Image]PB 38# May 05 [Linked Image] 33# May 05[Linked Image]38 3/4" x 23 3/8" Aug 11
Re: something disturbing [Re: Aquiles] #10718054 03/23/15 09:49 PM
I
I love fishing Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I
Some people are just ignorant and selfish. I've learned a great deal from TFF. I've met and made great friends through TFF through sharing tips, locations, "secrets", etc. Honestly because of them I've learn to share and show other Anglers to be successful at catching. Yes, I will continue to show and tell until I teach the next generation. I just like to see people smile when they're catching and reporting. I don't do much posting anymore but if someone needed help I'll jump in and help them. I believe in sharing is caring. I've learned how to crappie fish, how to locate and catch whites, hybrids, etc. I was always a bait fisherman until I've met these great people and now I only fish artificial lures unless I bank fish.. thank you!

Last edited by I love fishing; 03/23/15 09:50 PM.

Re: something disturbing [Re: Aquiles] #10718530 03/24/15 12:55 AM
lite-liner Offline
Capt. CUDA
Capt. CUDA
for the record, I will be posting no more reports
fresh or saltwater
the back-biting, trolling & seeming intentional "johnny buzzkill"
comments have derailed my last thread
If anybody wants to get together & actually catch fish instead of trolling the boards, just pm me

[Linked Image]
Re: something disturbing [Re: Aquiles] #10718790 03/24/15 01:49 AM
B
benp Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
I will go ahead and chime in here because I was one of the guys that said it looked like more than a limit. If you read further down the thread you would have also seen that he and I posted a few times and had a nice civil discussion about the issues that arose from the post and all the flack. The main issue once the pic issue was cleared up, Which I apologized for, was that he literally posted an exact spot on the map of where to go to catch fish. This place can not handle a lot of traffic. He did say that he wanted to help people and pass on knowledge which I can totally understand but there are many ways to do that besides saying the exact spot. I tell people all the time that sandies are running go check your feeder creeks and rivers and I explain how it is fun to scout, I too have gotten help but have also put in a lot of work and time.

Now back to the traffic issue which was the biggest hot button on that thread that you mentioned on facebook. I have been fishing that spot for 3 years and there are people who have been fishng it for way more than that. What I saw on Sunday (the day after that face book post) was completely insane....

I will list what I saw:

A family with a whole set up, blankets coolers kids, a ground grill with fire, very close to alot of wood and grass but at least it was damp from the rain early that morning, and trash was scattered about

A guy slide to a bank where five people were already talking and casting, he just slid down cut in between two of them and started casting, one guy looked at me and was like wtf. the other guy just got up and left and the guy that squeezed in didnt seem to care what he did one bit. It was like taking a leak in a urinal and some guy just comes up and starts using yours lol.

People with live bait throwing minnow bags on the ground like they were fertilizer

and the last but most visual issue... TRASH everywhere...

Now I just want to point out that this was literally like 18 hours after that post and yes it was night and day.

I truly feel that those that have less invested in something have less sense of responsibility.

Before you call me a jr warden or what ever it is, I just want to say this, i am not old but not young, I have had to learn through friends, this forum, and my own trial and error how to fish, I want to teach kids how to fish and pass on tradition, I do not want to hoard a spot to my self or hate on those that get limits, I started tying flies and have literally given the first four I have tied to people on the creek and watched them catch fish before I got a chance to my self, If I see someone, I say try down here it is good hear, but how am I supposed to pass on what I have learned if the places that I learn on get trashed, fished out and destroyed. It is not like we are making any more lakes anytime soon are we. Anyway that is just my opinion and I stand buy it. The guy that made the post on facebook and I had a civil back and forth like I said earlier and I think he gets what I was trying to say. I mean he "liked" my comments so what else am I to think?

Last edited by benp; 03/24/15 02:03 AM.

I only fish on days that end in Y!

Re: something disturbing [Re: Aquiles] #10718829 03/24/15 01:54 AM
G
GoFishNow Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
G
lite-liner
Just give it a rest and come back a little later. I for one have enjoyed your post. Don't let a few ruin it for you. This forum has been a big part of my life as a diversion to real life and I know that TFF has changed but we need to stay together and keep on helping the "newbies". We have a lot to share.
Share your stuff.

Re: something disturbing [Re: Aquiles] #10719007 03/24/15 02:26 AM
B
BridgeportGuide Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
I didn't know about the original FB post, I was speaking in general terms. This stuff isn't new, I was accused of a "Hybrid killing contest" ten years ago. I could not imagine what a popular shore spot looks like these days...they were getting bad 20 year ago.

Re: something disturbing [Re: Aquiles] #10719268 03/24/15 03:47 AM
B
benp Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
I got no problem with Aquiles or any one I just want to be clear about that, but he really did not capture the issue with the Facebook post, I just wanted to explain it in more detail. In a perfect world we can all get along and fish elbow to elbow but it simply is not a perfect world and this place is only going to be tolerated if it is respected and does not become a nuisance. Public postings of it will most likely create a situation where it is no longer accessible to everyone as easily, in reality that will be a good thing for nature most likely but it is sad if we no longer get to fish there.

I only fish on days that end in Y!

Re: something disturbing [Re: Aquiles] #10719279 03/24/15 03:59 AM
M
Mckinneycrappiecatcher Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
M
Here's the issue with the spot that this guy gave away, Up until last year it was a hidden gem, there were few people and no trash, the fishing was great and the few hardcore fisherman that scouted enough to find it treated the area with respect. Now, the area that was pretty and clean is like rowlett creek with people throwing trash, people cast netting fish illegally, and everything else. I know it's one thing to give away tips, but most people get upset about locations just because we don't want to see these once clean areas absolutely trashed out.

Re: something disturbing [Re: Aquiles] #10719285 03/24/15 04:04 AM
E
erdum Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
E
Benp, I saw the same thing sunday. It was crazy. I even saw a stringer of about 15 large females come floating past me. After a couple minutes no one came to clame them so i released them so i wouldnt get in trouble for being over the limit. Luckily the fish seemed pretty energetic so they were probably pretty fresh. Sorry if that was any body on heres stringer but i fished about an hour longer and still no one came by looking for it. Thanks again for the fly, I caught some whites with the fly rod for the first time and it was a blast. I ended up passing on the kindness and giving away a rooster tail for a guy in need. General info is great but this day in age if a specific location is posted it gets overun by those too lazy to scout and littered by those too lazy to pick up after themselves.

Re: something disturbing [Re: Aquiles] #10719613 03/24/15 12:47 PM
R
Ruff n Redi Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
If you want to see how trashy people can be, go to a state park the day after a holiday. People have no respect anymore for the "great outdoors". And about posting spots. Even posting a lake. About 6 years or so ago an article came out in a outdoor magazine about the Hybrids in Ben Brook. They gave locations and baits times, everything. Next weekend their were so many boats on the lake i did not even launch. Thanks to everyone who posts on here. I am old and get on here almost everyday. Be careful what you post, you may lose a whole lake.
soap fish

Luv2Fish
Re: something disturbing [Re: Aquiles] #10719720 03/24/15 01:26 PM
M
me and the boys Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
M
Post away!!!!!
Regardless what anyone thinks we fish public lakes, and here is a news flash. Your secret spot is not a secret.
Oh a guide is fishing there , lets go there!!!! Its all carp.
In todays time with maps and electronics anyone can find a place....

Many people miss the whole idea of fishing!!!!!
As for the forum some people need to get over themselves its not your private spot!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide