Forums59
Topics1,039,272
Posts13,962,023
Members144,197
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Went out with the Electronics Whisperer ( Fork Fish ) #10428447 11/22/14 05:54 PM
Level 7000 Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
Went out Friday with Slade. This guy is amazing. He first updated all three units for me Hummingbird and Lowrance . He is great with both. Then he fine tuned them for me. All I can say is "Wow". I'm seventy years old and he even taught me how to use these things. He is a great guy and a great instructor. Wish I had done this earlier. Then, went out later and caught some fish. I can highly recommend Slade to help you with your electronics.

Re: Went out with the Electronics Whisperer ( Fork Fish ) [Re: Level 7000] #10428451 11/22/14 05:55 PM
E
ezgoing Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
E
Does he come to your lake or must you take your boat to his lake?

Re: Went out with the Electronics Whisperer ( Fork Fish ) [Re: Level 7000] #10428591 11/22/14 07:30 PM
T
tboxfish Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Nothing but good stuff reported about Slade thumb
I think he was at a Crappie Club meeting I was at, but I didn't put 2 & 2 together bang

Todd Box
THERMOCLINE LURES
"Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
www.thermoclinelures.com/shop

Todd's Crappie Tutorial Trips
Cell 903-588-0129
Re: Went out with the Electronics Whisperer ( Fork Fish ) [Re: Level 7000] #10428802 11/22/14 09:43 PM
S
SGT BALLARD Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
S
How can you reach Slade ?

Re: Went out with the Electronics Whisperer ( Fork Fish ) [Re: Level 7000] #10428848 11/22/14 10:03 PM
shut-up-and-fish Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

[Linked Image]
www.shut-up-and-fish.com
From *Sales, *Installation Services, and *On the shop floor Education & Instructional Tips
We have you covered here @ shut-up-and-fish for all of your Humminbird, Lowrance,
Garmin, Minn Kota & Motorguide needs plus much more - Call Now 972 822 9285
Re: Went out with the Electronics Whisperer ( Fork Fish ) [Re: shut-up-and-fish] #10429184 11/23/14 12:42 AM
Level 7000 Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
EZ, you take your boat to Lake Fork.

Re: Went out with the Electronics Whisperer ( Fork Fish ) [Re: Level 7000] #10429254 11/23/14 01:16 AM
E
ezgoing Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
E
That's rather hard for me to do at this time. I currently can not load nor launch a boat, which is why I have a slip at Joe Pool.

I'm in no hurry for this, as it will probably be several months before my wife can use the boat again.

But it is something to consider in the future.

Re: Went out with the Electronics Whisperer ( Fork Fish ) [Re: Level 7000] #10429297 11/23/14 01:31 AM
C
crappiegetter Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
What does he charge scared would it be worth the trip from Waco ? hmmm
Originally Posted By: Level 7000
Went out Friday with Slade. This guy is amazing. He first updated all three units for me Hummingbird and Lowrance . He is great with both. Then he fine tuned them for me. All I can say is "Wow". I'm seventy years old and he even taught me how to use these things. He is a great guy and a great instructor. Wish I had done this earlier. Then, went out later and caught some fish. I can highly recommend Slade to help you with your electronics.

Re: Went out with the Electronics Whisperer ( Fork Fish ) [Re: crappiegetter] #10429958 11/23/14 01:30 PM
Tommie Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Only you can decide if it's worth the trip or not. If you have a pile of $$$ invested in electronics and you aren't satisfied in the way they are performing, then 250 is a pretty good deal. Slade will spend as much time as it takes for you to be comfortable with using your units and you will drive back to Waco with a smile on your face.

Originally Posted By: crappiegetter
grin

Re: Went out with the Electronics Whisperer ( Fork Fish ) [Re: crappiegetter] #10429986 11/23/14 01:54 PM
S
slabmeplease Offline
Angler
Angler
S

You need to read my thread in this section called adventure of the year. In short went out and let Slade tune my Humminbird 898 and my Humminbird 596 about a month ago. Electronics updated,tuned, and now look awesome. So I went to Fork a couple of Sunday's ago a tore my wheel hub up on my trailer. The town was shut down. So I thought to call Slade for help, along with Bullhead. Slade barely knew me but he stopped fishing to take me and my boat to his friend's dealership where I could leave the boat because I live 2 hours away from there. He called his buddy and had everything taken care of for me. I didn't get to put my boat in the water that day. Slade then says that my trip wasn't going to be in vain. He proceeded to give me some crappie he caught. Well he caught a limit of crappie that day and he gave me every single one of them. He also gave me some hand tied jigs and said when I'm going down there call him and if he isn't busy he would hook up with and fish with me any time. Hopefully this helps you with your question.

Re: Went out with the Electronics Whisperer ( Fork Fish ) [Re: crappiegetter] #10430142 11/23/14 03:34 PM
T
tboxfish Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T

If your not getting images good enough to find fish, the cost and trip are minimal compared to the costs of quality electronics that are not giving you what you paid for
Just my 2cents
I owe my ability to find fish to my graph, well I've had some help lately to put in me the general area, but during the summer, I found a LOT of good spots with just a couple of $ of gas and some time well spent idling around.
Before I became an Insurance adjuster, I could barely turn a computer on, but necessity and the changing work environment made me learn quickly. Once I gained the general knowledge of how they work and my readiness to open folders to find how to get stuff to work, made playing with the settings on my graph easier. I'm not scared to change stuff as I go along to see the results as I see some people are. I figure I can always reset it to factory settings and start again if I get it so out of whack it won't work.
With all that said, I'm sure Slade could teach me a lot of tricks and shortcuts that I plan to someday have him do, but I'm now on a budget, so It'll have to wait till I get some other things taken care of 1st.
If I wasn't getting good images, the trip with Slade would be a LOT higher on my list of things to get done 1st thumb

Todd Box
THERMOCLINE LURES
"Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
www.thermoclinelures.com/shop

Todd's Crappie Tutorial Trips
Cell 903-588-0129
Re: Went out with the Electronics Whisperer ( Fork Fish ) [Re: tboxfish] #10430271 11/23/14 05:21 PM
C
crappiegetter Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Sounds Like your in the same boat with me ; Being Retired on a limited income cheers But be assured I'll get it done smile
Originally Posted By: tboxfish

If your not getting images good enough to find fish, the cost and trip are minimal compared to the costs of quality electronics that are not giving you what you paid for
Just my 2cents
I owe my ability to find fish to my graph, well I've had some help lately to put in me the general area, but during the summer, I found a LOT of good spots with just a couple of $ of gas and some time well spent idling around.
Before I became an Insurance adjuster, I could barely turn a computer on, but necessity and the changing work environment made me learn quickly. Once I gained the general knowledge of how they work and my readiness to open folders to find how to get stuff to work, made playing with the settings on my graph easier. I'm not scared to change stuff as I go along to see the results as I see some people are. I figure I can always reset it to factory settings and start again if I get it so out of whack it won't work.
With all that said, I'm sure Slade could teach me a lot of tricks and shortcuts that I plan to someday have him do, but I'm now on a budget, so It'll have to wait till I get some other things taken care of 1st.
If I wasn't getting good images, the trip with Slade would be a LOT higher on my list of things to get done 1st thumb

Re: Went out with the Electronics Whisperer ( Fork Fish ) [Re: ezgoing] #10430953 11/23/14 11:54 PM
stubby77 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted By: ezgoing
he is on fork

Re: Went out with the Electronics Whisperer ( Fork Fish ) [Re: SGT BALLARD] #10430957 11/23/14 11:55 PM
stubby77 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
he is on fork
Originally Posted By: SGT BALLARD
PM him.fork fish.

Re: Went out with the Electronics Whisperer ( Fork Fish ) [Re: SGT BALLARD] #10430962 11/23/14 11:57 PM
stubby77 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
he is on fork
Originally Posted By: SGT BALLARD
PM him.fork fish.

Re: Went out with the Electronics Whisperer ( Fork Fish ) [Re: Level 7000] #10431407 11/24/14 02:49 AM
D
dcar Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
The Wife and I had the pleasure to work with Slade today and we were very impressed!! First class all the way and he sure knows his stuff on the electronics, got our new Chirp unit dialed in and spent a lot of time teaching me what we are looking at and what to look for, so many things make a lot more sense now, even worked his magic on the 8 year old unit I had up front, didn't know it could work like that..awesome I would highly recommend him!
doug

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide