Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: A little Drama on Lewisville [Re: Terek] #10377167 10/28/14 09:25 PM
L
Longeye Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
L
Originally Posted By: Terek
Let's just make a long story short.... If a banker can cast his 5 oz magnet at you, you're too close! And if you get hit don't cry! Stay way out far from the buoys is my advice. You have the whole lake to fish so give those bankers some room.

If you want to learn how those bankers feel, sell your boat and joint them!

You're right that you have the right to fish any where but try to be NICE and SHARE.

We aren't talking about chunking magnum baits at boaters fishing some shore line. You are way off on this. And for the record, when I am in my boat and see bank fisherman throwing lures or having bobbers out, I never even get close to them. I was a bank fisherman for many years....

Re: A little Drama on Lewisville [Re: northtexascrappiehunter] #10377174 10/28/14 09:29 PM
timbertoes Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
NOW DOGGONE IT.

Lets just view this and learn some MANNERS!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLDzPH-cBhw

Re: A little Drama on Lewisville [Re: northtexascrappiehunter] #10377908 10/29/14 02:36 AM
L
Lovfldx Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
As TO once said, "Get your popcorn ready!" High drama(not really) on the good ole TFF

Re: A little Drama on Lewisville [Re: northtexascrappiehunter] #10380526 10/30/14 01:19 PM
N
northtexascrappiehunter Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
N
now this I have to admit is way too close, No thats not me, No I wasnt very close I zoomed in.

Re: A little Drama on Lewisville [Re: northtexascrappiehunter] #10380781 10/30/14 03:12 PM
'
'Ole Man Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
'
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Can't we all just get along! So many phrases come to mind.

I am not making any decisions until the bourbon kicks in!
Re: A little Drama on Lewisville [Re: Longeye] #10380851 10/30/14 03:36 PM
E
ezgoing Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
E
Originally Posted By: Longeye
Originally Posted By: Terek
Let's just make a long story short.... If a banker can cast his 5 oz magnet at you, you're too close! And if you get hit don't cry! Stay way out far from the buoys is my advice. You have the whole lake to fish so give those bankers some room.

If you want to learn how those bankers feel, sell your boat and joint them!

You're right that you have the right to fish any where but try to be NICE and SHARE.

We aren't talking about chunking magnum baits at boaters fishing some shore line. You are way off on this. And for the record, when I am in my boat and see bank fisherman throwing lures or having bobbers out, I never even get close to them. I was a bank fisherman for many years....

[rant] Then I suggest you rent a slip and learn how slip holders feel about those who damage their equipment when fishing the slips from their boats.

I admit I am not in a very charitable mood this morning toward those who fish slips from boats.

I received a call yesterday that the rear of my pontoon was not secure and was moving against the sides of the slip with the waves generated by the wind and by those who violate the no wake zone.

I went to the marina, thinking my mooring ropes had somehow came untied. But I found that somebody had cut the right hand mooring rope and let the two pieces drop into the water, which let the boat sway from side to side with wind and wave action.

I assume somebody hung a lure into the mooring rope and could not jerk it loose. So they cut my mooring rope and let it drop into the water after they retrieve their lure. And yes, you could tell from the rope that it was a knife cut.

I went to Wal-mart and bought two more mooring ropes, since the left hand mooring rope was pretty chewed up from people ripping their lures out of it when they hung them in the mooring ropes.

That make six mooring ropes I have had to buy in a 15 month period, due to people showing no respect for slip holder property. Now I agree that is only a cost of $98 but why should I have to spend $98 so selfish people can retrieve the lures they hang up in my mooring ropes?

If you hang your da*n lure in a mooring rope or boat cover, cut your da*n line and leave it in there. The slip owner can then remove it by cutting the barbs from the hooks and not damage his equipment.

I fully understand that only a few of those who fish the slips from their boats are a**holes but it is impossible to tell who is which when you see them fishing the slips.

So all those who fish slips from their boats get tarred with the same brush as the real a**holes.[/rant]

Re: A little Drama on Lewisville [Re: northtexascrappiehunter] #10380942 10/30/14 03:59 PM
W
Wolfe Hunter Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
W
the more ironic part is that I just watched a video of Wally Marshall shooting docks for crappie

"When something bad happens, you have three choices.
You can either let it define you, let destroy you, or you can let it strengthen
Re: A little Drama on Lewisville [Re: Wolfe Hunter] #10380966 10/30/14 04:08 PM
E
ezgoing Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
E
Originally Posted By: brown bear
the more ironic part is that I just watched a video of Wally Marshall shooting docks for crappie

There isn't a problem with shooting docks or fishing slips if you are respectful of the dock or slip owner's property. Or there isn't in my opinion but I do know a lot of slip owners who disagree with me about this.

The problem is with those who don't know how to cast and damage slip holder property with their lures.

And don't care about slip owner property and will rip holes in boat covers or damage mooring ropes in their attempts to retrieve their lures.

After you get a hole torn in a $1000 custom boat cover or have to continuously replace mooring ropes you start to get a bad attitude toward those fishing slips.

But I will repeat what I have said many times in this forum. You are welcome to fish my slip as long as your respect my equipment and don't damage it trying to retrieve lures you have hung up.

After all, it is your fault you hung your lure. So just cut your line and leave the lure. Then the slip holder can cut the barbs on the hooks and remove the lure without additional damage to their equipment.

Re: A little Drama on Lewisville [Re: northtexascrappiehunter] #10381299 10/30/14 06:40 PM
W
Wolfe Hunter Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
W
ezgoing: I agree with you

"When something bad happens, you have three choices.
You can either let it define you, let destroy you, or you can let it strengthen
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide