Forums59
Topics1,038,974
Posts13,956,756
Members144,184
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: I see a hds12 in my future.... [censored] humminbird [Re: BigPoppa007] #10293678 09/19/14 02:24 AM
S
steveiam Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: BigPoppa007
Originally Posted By: kansascatman
Thanks for sharing all. I understand procedures. I have a electronics engineering degree. I got my airframe and power plant federal license before I got into the elevator union 13 years ago. I am now a field tech. I have over a 123 individual customers on my route alone. I am very big on manners and customer service. I talked around the tech so bad she put me on hold several times in the conversation only in the end to email me so I can email them pictures?? This is day 4 of the emails?? I'll play the game by force but if it wasn't so close to the holidays I'd go by a hds 12 today. If this carries on like it is then I'll just push that new toon out and by my own Christmas early thumb

Well atleast with Emails you can not only Dazzle them with your incredible technical knowledge, you can also bewilder them with your spelling and grammar skills................... woot

Stuff like this is why many good people don't post here anymore--
Vess helps folks here with his post, I hope he can ignore your snotty comments, I don't see you making up for the void if he does.

What has happed to you does not define who you are-

HOW you react to what happens to you DOES!
Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: I see a hds12 in my future.... [censored] humminbird [Re: Vess] #10293765 09/19/14 02:54 AM
B
BigPoppa007 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Thanks for sharing all. I understand procedures. I have a electronics engineering degree. I got my airframe and power plant federal license before I got into the elevator union 13 years ago. I am now a field tech. I have over a 123 individual customers on my route alone. I am very big on manners and customer service. I will not and have never talked to any one like they didn't know something especially if they spelled there technical qualifications in the phone conversation before the email picture storm. I asked about any back door features on the unit that would allow me to check any outputs or signals to the transducer the whole time fully understanding that this is proprietary equipment. I talked around the tech so bad she put me on hold several times in the conversation only in the end to email me so I can email them pictures?? This is day 4 of the emails?? I'll play the game by force but if it wasn't so close to the holidays I'd go by a hds 12 today. If this carries on like it is then I'll just push that new toon out and by my own Christmas early thumb

Plenty of Snotty comments right here^^^ Now of course i wasn't on the phone with them but I'm sure the Tech or Customer Service Agent has a procedure to follow and must ask certain questions - the way they were trained to do. I'm sure Kansas has steps and procedures to follow in his repair/customer service work or does he just do what the customer says? And after reading Kansascatman Cocky Praise of himself several times in this thread I'm sure he got Cocky with them.Nothing wrong with ranting about a Transducer dying early but to talk about how great you are and how Stupid they are repeately aint gonna get done but make yourself look like a Douche bag. Most people say Humminbird's Customer Service is great so sounds to me like Kansas got his feathers ruffled too easy. This thread reads to me like he thinks them Dumb Arses up at Huuminbird should just up and send him a transducer just because he called and said so- after all he gots all them Degrees and Trainings.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: I see a hds12 in my future.... [censored] humminbird [Re: Vess] #10293889 09/19/14 04:19 AM
M
mike9582 Offline
Angler
Angler
M
I rarely post on here, but I read this section almost daily. I really appreciate feedback on products I may purchase. Customer service is just as important as the product itself. I do not know Kansascatman, But he seems like a good guy with good informative posts. I also enjoy the fishing pictures he has posted. I don't see the need for personal attacks on here. But alot of people get tough behind a keyboard I guess.

Re: I see a hds12 in my future.... [censored] humminbird [Re: Vess] #10293937 09/19/14 06:23 AM
T
tiny Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
well in that case what I'd do is download the latest update image and then reset the unit to default settings and do the update. You must reset it to default before updating it because it could malfunction and the only way to fix it is to send it back to humminbird and have them fix it so always reset to default settings before updating the software. Then if that doesn't fix it get with someone that has the same unit and plug your unit into their power and transducer and see if it works properly .. and vise versa ... plug their's into your wiring and see what happens. I've had my old 1197 unit to glitch out on me and that fixed it with the reset and update .. haven't had any problems since and it's now about 7 years old.

Re: I see a hds12 in my future.... [censored] humminbird [Re: Vess] #10293988 09/19/14 11:10 AM
U
UncleJed Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
U
That reset & update thing is exactly what the lady at Humminbird told me to do yesterday,when I called in about an issue I been having,and she was very polite and all,but she could not figure out the other thing I called about...I had tried to download their "free" software,HumminbirdPC, (many times) and every time it would download the .exe file OK,but then when I would try to run that file to install it,it would take me to a program called Driver something-or-other,and would want me to purchase that software.That has been going on for 2 months,and she consulted some other folks there,and came back saying they have never heard of such a thing and it must be something wrong with my computer. OMG ...Well,I give up on getting HumminbirdPC .I think it's infected with a Trojan or something.But I will do the updates on my unit soon as I get me a blank SD card .

Re: I see a hds12 in my future.... [censored] humminbird [Re: Vess] #10293989 09/19/14 11:11 AM
O
Olhipi Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
O
Ya know there's a "Bad Apple" in every bunch, you may have gotten one. But With My Transducer on my 899 SI, I found it to be very Finicky about level, angle, and depth,I've relocated it twice (now I'm installing a Poly Pad so I can Tweek it without drilling more holes in the Boat. When running at 3-6 Mph ( best for SI use) I get better results by Trimming up My motor a little and Sensitivity is Critical I haven't seen a Screen Shot of your issue but, Iv'e noticed what looks like Prop Wash on the left side of mine , and Sensitivity cleared it up.
Transducers : Location, Location,Location
Settings: They change with every Movement of the Boat ,at Different depths as well as Water clarity.

I know that Insulting your Electronics background was probably Not intentional, but I have Engineers in Our Engineering Group that can't Change a Spark Plug in their Cars,Not Saying your one of those . But as a Hummingbird Owner and an Electrical Tech Myself all I can Say is ,Tweek, Tweek, Tweek. It's Very a Sensitive Unit when it comes to the Transducer Location , but you May Have a Bad One ........ Good Luck My Friend!.

Lake Dunlap, State Record Holder "Warmouth Perch". If you Ain't Fishing You Ain't Living....
Some Say I Have a "Crappie Attitude" !!!!
They'd Be Right...... 2014 TC 18 Crestliner 90 Merc 4-stroke
Re: I see a hds12 in my future.... [censored] humminbird [Re: Olhipi] #10294278 09/19/14 01:39 PM
M
mad_catter1990 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
M
Originally Posted By: Olhipi
Ya know there's a "Bad Apple" in every bunch, you may have gotten one. But With My Transducer on my 899 SI, I found it to be very Finicky about level, angle, and depth,I've relocated it twice (now I'm installing a Poly Pad so I can Tweek it without drilling more holes in the Boat. When running at 3-6 Mph ( best for SI use) I get better results by Trimming up My motor a little and Sensitivity is Critical I haven't seen a Screen Shot of your issue but, Iv'e noticed what looks like Prop Wash on the left side of mine , and Sensitivity cleared it up.
Transducers : Location, Location,Location
Settings: They change with every Movement of the Boat ,at Different depths as well as Water clarity.

I know that Insulting your Electronics background was probably Not intentional, but I have Engineers in Our Engineering Group that can't Change a Spark Plug in their Cars,Not Saying your one of those . But as a Hummingbird Owner and an Electrical Tech Myself all I can Say is ,Tweek, Tweek, Tweek. It's Very a Sensitive Unit when it comes to the Transducer Location , but you May Have a Bad One ........ Good Luck My Friend!.

offtopic how long have you had your 899? And what are your opinions on it? I've got one and just upgraded to the hd transducer, I'm still trying to figure out where to mount it, my boat isn't fishfinder friendly lol. Not to mention, my boat doesn't have tilt and trim, so I'm at a loss as for what to do. Any advice?

Last edited by mad_catter1990; 09/19/14 01:40 PM.

PB flathead- 72#
PB Blue cat- 56#
PB Channel- 22#
Re: I see a hds12 in my future.... [censored] humminbird [Re: Vess] #10294501 09/19/14 02:53 PM
M
mjmetro0719 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
M
My boat is a tiller style with no tilt and trim and I just set the settings for sidescan on left side only, I plan on getting a jack plate so that I can use both sides but for now I am used to concentrating on the area I want to fish and and focus on that one side

Mike
Re: I see a hds12 in my future.... [censored] humminbird [Re: Vess] #10294644 09/19/14 03:39 PM
J
jjason Offline
Angler
Angler
J
[/b][b]IBTL

Re: I see a hds12 in my future.... [censored] humminbird [Re: jjason] #10294679 09/19/14 03:50 PM
U
UncleJed Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
U
Originally Posted By: jjason
[/b][b]IBTL
Que?

Re: I see a hds12 in my future.... [censored] humminbird [Re: steveiam] #10295536 09/19/14 09:23 PM
V
Vess Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
V
 And after reading Kansascatman Cocky Praise of himself several times in this thread I'm sure he got Cocky with them.Nothing wrong with ranting about a Transducer dying early but to talk about how great you are and how Stupid they are repeately aint gonna get done but make yourself look like a Douche bag. Most people say Humminbird's Customer Service is great so sounds to me like Kansas got his feathers ruffled too easy. This thread reads to me like he thinks them Dumb Arses up at Huuminbird should just up and send him a transducer just because he called and said so- after all he gots all them Degrees and Trainings. 

Took your grammar class where? Its okay read your grammar slowly again my friend... ill wait!

woot

Last edited by kansascatman; 09/19/14 09:45 PM.

PB
60# 3/11/2015
Last PB Blue Cat 53# 12/20/2014
Flat Head, 56# Rod and reel
Channel Cat 12#
SHUT UP AND FISH!!

Re: I see a hds12 in my future.... [censored] humminbird [Re: Vess] #10295541 09/19/14 09:25 PM
V
Vess Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
V
Check the spelling too!

PB
60# 3/11/2015
Channel Cat 12#
SHUT UP AND FISH!!

Re: I see a hds12 in my future.... [censored] humminbird [Re: steveiam] #10295548 09/19/14 09:28 PM
V
Vess Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
V
Originally Posted By: steveiam
Originally Posted By: BigPoppa007
Thanks for sharing all. I understand procedures. I have a electronics engineering degree. I got my airframe and power plant federal license before I got into the elevator union 13 years ago. I am now a field tech. I have over a 123 individual customers on my route alone. I am very big on manners and customer service. I talked around the tech so bad she put me on hold several times in the conversation only in the end to email me so I can email them pictures?? This is day 4 of the emails?? I'll play the game by force but if it wasn't so close to the holidays I'd go by a hds 12 today. If this carries on like it is then I'll just push that new toon out and by my own Christmas early thumb

Well atleast with Emails you can not only Dazzle them with your incredible technical knowledge, you can also bewilder them with your spelling and grammar skills................... woot

Stuff like this is why many good people don't post here anymore--
Vess helps folks here with his post, I hope he can ignore your snotty comments, I don't see you making up for the void if he does.

thank for the kindness sir. Your right I don't post alot anymore cause of the breach babies born on april first on here! I scout to see how you and the other great folks I have met and fished with are doing on the water.

PB
60# 3/11/2015
Channel Cat 12#
SHUT UP AND FISH!!

Re: I see a hds12 in my future.... [censored] humminbird [Re: Vess] #10295608 09/19/14 10:00 PM
V
Vess Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
V

PB
60# 3/11/2015
Channel Cat 12#
SHUT UP AND FISH!!

Re: I see a hds12 in my future.... [censored] humminbird [Re: Vess] #10295625 09/19/14 10:13 PM
S
Smoky Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
popcorn

I'm gonna miss her....

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide