Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Re: Giving Bachman a shot! [Re: Hotrodjrd] #10239804 08/26/14 08:18 PM
A
austin_on_guitar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
A
Dang, I've never once pulled anything out of Bachman, but stopped going a while ago. I've had better luck in Turtle Creek! I'm not going to give up though, I can tell that there are some spots where there's some big time fish, they just ain't been interested in anything I've thrown. Have gone in all weather too by the way, and I think part of that was my problem. When I was going frequently, it was still late Spring and quite cold in the mornings. Now the temperature might be just right. There's stuff in there, but dang if it ain't a slog so far.

Joy & Justice
Re: Giving Bachman a shot! [Re: Hotrodjrd] #10240675 08/27/14 01:32 AM
G
GUER03 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
G
Bassfishindude thats a nice one great job. Was that at the dam? When are the tourneys? In the summer I only fish real early or the last couple hours of daylight. However just be careful after dark they've had a lot of robberies of people on the trails after dark.

>>>------------>
Albert
Re: Giving Bachman a shot! [Re: GUER03] #10241081 08/27/14 07:15 AM
"
"Old School" Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
"
Originally Posted By: GUER03
Bassfishindude thats a nice one great job. Was that at the dam? When are the tourneys? In the summer I only fish real early or the last couple hours of daylight. However just be careful after dark they've had a lot of robberies of people on the trails after dark.

Thanks! I fish the dam on ocassions and have caught quite a few big bass, crappie, and catfish from there. Funny thing I only bass fish, so the others were bonus fish. That wasn't caught at he dam. I just walk the banks pitching/casting to any structure I find. I don't care if it's in a foot of water or not.

As for crime, It's anywhere in Dallas, not just Bachman Lake. The neighbors in that area have been working really hard to keep that down. For those that are too scared because if that, then you are missing out on some good fishing. In the next month the fish will be in gorging themselves mode and I will be there!

Last edited by Bassfishindude; 08/27/14 11:03 AM.
Re: Giving Bachman a shot! [Re: Hotrodjrd] #10242982 08/28/14 12:42 AM
L
Lovfldx Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
Autumn is the best time for bass, early spring late winter for hawgs, and winter is gangbusters for big crappie. I have been fishing that lake since 1976, and have caught so many big bass out of it, that if I had kept a count, no one would believe it anyway! I am talking 5-9 lb bass! ALL OVER THE LAKE, ALL UP AND DOWN THE CREEK FROM LEMMON TO MIDWAY, and I have mentioned on this forum many times that my PB from this lake is rt. at 12 lbs. That was some yrs back and she was a pre-spawner, before cell phones and digital cameras. Weighed it on a hand held scale, and released her, she was too precious to keep out of water any length of time. Majority if not all bass in this lake are Florida Strain, put there by TP&W.

Guero, the dam I am talking about is more of a levee than a dam. it is the levee fronting Denton Dr. The creek under Denton, from the railroad tracks to the Elm Fork has pockets of water that are just choked with bass, channel cats, all manner of sunfish, carp, buffalo and drum. AND ONE HEFTY GATOR! Because of the creek being connected to the EF, it also has Spotted bass and occasional black crappie as well. The lake has no spots and no black crappie. The pond between the levee and Denton has small bass and sunfish, maybe a cat or three, but I have never done much good there.

Mid September to First Frost, the bass are literally everywhere on that lake, and will hit just about anything, pretty much any time of day or night. After first frost, the crappie fishing explodes on that lake.

Rudy

FISHING, AND CATCHING, QUALITY FISH OUT OF BACHMAN SINCE 1976.

Re: Giving Bachman a shot! [Re: Hotrodjrd] #10243412 08/28/14 03:12 AM
G
GUER03 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
G
Bassfishindude thanx for the info. I live near the lake and used to fish it as a boy and teen but haven't been since then. I've caught many fish but nothing big, we just went to play around with our friends and fish a little. The crime is everywhere I agree but that place has had some bad stuff happen especially over by the rec center. I wouldn't take my boys there after dark, just not worth it. We'll be out there as soon as it cools down though. thanx again!

Rudy I've lived here near the lake all my life but I haven't fished there in forever. I go out to Wylie as my Father in Law has a tank with lots of bass in it. We do great every time we go but I'd like something close to fish. I'll be out there as soon as it cools a little. We'll try the levee for sure and maybe even that side of Lemmon behind the Radio Shack area. I always liked that area. Anything in particular that they hit more than others? Senkos, top waters, or live? I'm glad I got on this place because I would have never tried Bachman. I'll for sure post a report when I go. Thanx again man I appreciate it

>>>------------>
Albert
Re: Giving Bachman a shot! [Re: Hotrodjrd] #10245016 08/28/14 08:46 PM
A
austin_on_guitar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
A
I always get so inspired reading what Rudy writes! Totally believe him as well, it's a great piece of water and ecology and he always gets me excited to want to try again. I've been stuck in one area I guess to much, time to make it down closer to Denton Dr. and do some exploring and hopefully some catching for a change! If it skunks me too much again I might start trying the California Crossing area of the Trinity River - where I was a couple weeks ago there were lots and lots of exercise people but nobody fishing and that's a stretch of the Trinity no less. Guero3, you might look into that as another area spot to drop in on as an alternative. Just a suggestion, looking forward to seeing what you might catch at Bachman!!

Joy & Justice
Re: Giving Bachman a shot! [Re: Hotrodjrd] #10245796 08/29/14 01:48 AM
L
Lovfldx Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
It is tough in summer no doubt. But the other three seasons more than make up for it. One thing we need to urge the city to do is leave some of the bigger laydowns that wash in during heavy rains, not remove them. Valuable cover for both bass and crappie in a cover and structure deprived lake. Quit bowing to the whims of the rowers. Aesthetics are not always the healthiest options for the native residents.

Rudy

Re: Giving Bachman a shot! [Re: Lovfldx] #10246156 08/29/14 07:10 AM
"
"Old School" Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
"
I had a few words with some rowers before, the young preppy ones. My topwater rod has a Zara Spook on it with a bigger set of hooks.

Re: Giving Bachman a shot! [Re: Hotrodjrd] #10246481 08/29/14 01:53 PM
C
CCTX Online Content
mapquest
Online Content
mapquest
C
Don't those rowers have diplomatic immunity? No 360 light on their vessels before sunrise and 30 minutes after?
I have seen some improvements in their safety; the motorized "coaching boat" is doing a better job using their 360 light and wearing life jackets with the motor running.

[Linked Image]
Re: Giving Bachman a shot! [Re: Hotrodjrd] #10246668 08/29/14 03:09 PM
L
Lovfldx Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
They do think they rule the waters at times, don't they? I had one tell me I couldn't launch my Jon boat at the boat ramp. PUBLIC BOAT RAMP, MIND YOU!

Re: Giving Bachman a shot! [Re: Hotrodjrd] #10246681 08/29/14 03:16 PM
L
Lovfldx Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
California crossing was good after the heavy rains of a couple weekends ago.sandies and some crappie showed up. The crossing has some nice sized to big spotted bass too.

Re: Giving Bachman a shot! [Re: "Old School"] #10247321 08/29/14 07:34 PM
W
wobblyopp Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
W
Hey bassfishindude, what kind of lure did you use? fish

Re: Giving Bachman a shot! [Re: wobblyopp] #10247564 08/29/14 09:13 PM
"
"Old School" Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
"
A plastic one, kinda rubbery!

Re: Giving Bachman a shot! [Re: Hotrodjrd] #10247629 08/29/14 09:44 PM
H
Hotrodjrd Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
H
Yes the rowers drove me nuts too! Was out there one morning in the creek right behind the runways (behind the Whataburger and CVS). And here come two rowers right down the middle of the creek. We had to stop casting while they jacked around in the middle of the water. Finally I holler at them like "you got the whole f'ing lake to do that, get out of our way trying to fish!"...it's predominately a bunch of uppity people thinking they own the entire lake because they're a rower. Have guys all the time along that dam row about 6-8 feet off the shore line back-and-forth. Finally I got to where I don't stop casting. If they don't like getting pegged with a crankbait, they'll move further out away from the guys fishing.

Re: Giving Bachman a shot! [Re: Hotrodjrd] #10248018 08/29/14 11:55 PM
L
Lovfldx Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
And that 6-8 ft area is where the bass come in to nest in the spring! The crappie feed in that same area in the spring as well. They have had SOME impact on the fishing in the areas where they basically hug the shoreline. Those are staging as well as feeding areas, for both the bass and crappie. Kinda like the jet skiers on bigger lakes that pick your prime fishing spot that you have dropped a buoy on because your graph has blacked out with fish! 20,000 odd water acres to jet ski, and you are on the only spot on the lake they want to do that on, LOL!

Fortunately, life does go on.

Rudy

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide