Extreme Angler
rolfmao

We need to go further east. Like the other side of Louisiana! popcorn

Re: What Lake? What Lake? [Re: Jeff_W] #10184604 08/03/14 03:57 AM
Bobcat1 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: forsanmedic
I agree with Stucky. It didn't used to be this secretive. I enjoyed it alot and learned alot by reading the posts. Now it seems, that you need to be on a special call list to get any useful information. I am not saying that I want anyones coordinates, but it is nice to hear how all the lakes are doing and the different ways people are using to catch fish. I prefer to crappie fish, but do fish for other species. The other sections on this forum aren't afraid to post lake names, even the bass section.
One of the reasons I always enjoyed crappie fishing was that crappie fishermen were always willing to help each other out. I don't know how many times if i was fishing a marina and catching fish on a particular color and someone else wasn't I would share and had others share with me. That goes for share catches if I only had a couple and someone wanted them and have had them given to me too. I can remember one year at bardwell I think all of us took turns on who took the fish home that day.
Yes, when people see that fish are biting at one particular lake it gets more traffic, but like Stucky says they still have to find them. I'll add they still have to catch them. If they do, then more power to them. I don't own the fish, lake, or anything in it, and yes I have put brush piles out. I enjoy watching people catch fish, especially the ones that normally don't. They get excited and that rubs off. I don't normally fish weekends because I don't like the crowds. Most lakes around the metroplex will be crowded on weekends whether anyone posts good reports on here or not. This sport is really growing, and it saddens me to see the helpfulness and inclusion of everyone go away.
I agree 100%

Originally Posted By: Jeff_W
Life is too short to fish worring about if someone might find some of your fishing holes. It chapps my azz when people at least wont tell the lake they are having luck or black out the backround of a pic! I have been fishing numberous times and seen a father and son or wife not having any luck and have called them over to my brushpile and help them. This forum has turned so ego driven about who is catching the most/biggest crappie with little to no information that i ask myself why do i bother looking at tff! One of my favorite spots on lake bonhan was showed to me by an old man that i was watching from a distance tearing up the crappie and he motioned me to come over to fish by him and told me all the history of the lake because he used to farm the land before the lake was built. To this day i think about that situation and think about the big picture of making friends and people happy more than my gluttony of catching all the fish.
This is how it should be and how it used to be.

Bobby Barnett

Re: What Lake? What Lake? [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10184702 08/03/14 06:09 AM
K
KillerHuy Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
K
I'm new to crappie fishing and never knew what time of year go catch them, never mind where! This forum helped me alot. I posted up a spot before and the next day there was a crowd. I wanted to be a good guy and didn't really care about the crowd but it was the people who private messaged me, trying to yell at me for posting the spot up. I just moved to Texas and didn't know any spots to begin with and in Pennsylvania where I'm from, it never was a big deal. Plenty of fish in the sea or lake for everyone to enjoy.

Re: What Lake? What Lake? [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10184831 08/03/14 12:22 PM
P
piscatur non solum piscator Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
P

Someone described this area on Grapevine a couple of years ago. They certainly didn't post a picture and didn't say where it was but if you'd spent time on that lake you knew there were only a couple of spots that meet the conditions of depth, structure, etc that they described. The fish were holding on the timber post spawn not far from the bank.

I don't think we'll see many posting exactly where they caught their crappie. What lake? Yes. But specifically where on that lake? No.

Fishermen have always been secretive.

Re: What Lake? What Lake? [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10184845 08/03/14 12:33 PM
P
piscatur non solum piscator Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
P
If I meets someone on the water fishing and I'm lucky enough to have found a few and they haven't I usually let them know where and what worked for me. A few jigs might be given away at the time as well.

Re: What Lake? What Lake? [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10184866 08/03/14 12:51 PM
A
ACAMS Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
A
They are biting on Fairfield at the outlet in 2'-3' hitting chartreuse 1/32 oz jigs if you hold it real still straight under the boat.

><\\\(º>___><\\\(º> http://myfolderz.com/Jigs/Jigs.php_<º)///><___<º)///><

Free image uploader for TFF members: http://myfolderz.com/TFF/pics.php
Re: What Lake? What Lake? [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10184915 08/03/14 01:19 PM
K
Ketchn Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
sure got lively in here rolfmao

Re: What Lake? What Lake? [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10184932 08/03/14 01:30 PM
K
Ketchn Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
all the REALLY BIG WHALE crappie live in east texas ......?
or east of texas ...WOW ......silly me ....
here i thunk they might be in other places as well
maybe some little known small less traveled spot
maybe west of 35 ....?
it could happen don't ya know rolfmao
K A B O O M slinger

Re: What Lake? What Lake? [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10184938 08/03/14 01:32 PM
J
Jeff_W Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
Im with ya ketchn!.... i surly dont go out of my way to let the public know all my fishing holes but like to make some people happy by helping them out.

Re: What Lake? What Lake? [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10184945 08/03/14 01:34 PM
A
ACAMS Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
A
Yep .... west of I-45 the crappie are like the trees.
mesquite crappie.

><\\\(º>___><\\\(º> http://myfolderz.com/Jigs/Jigs.php_<º)///><___<º)///><

Free image uploader for TFF members: http://myfolderz.com/TFF/pics.php
Re: What Lake? What Lake? [Re: Jeff_W] #10184960 08/03/14 01:45 PM
K
Ketchn Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
Originally Posted By: Jeff_W
Im with ya ketchn!.... i surly dont go out of my way to let the public know all my fishing holes but like to make some people happy by helping them out.

i have a pretty steady flow of PM messages where i give up EVERYTHING ....
just don't want to give up the entire loaf of bread to the general public
besides i tried giving lake names and such when i first arrived
it didn't go over very well i here .....lots of bla bla bla about ruining spots and etc etc
besides it isn't ABOUT WHAT lake .....they all have crappie in them i t seems to me
and almost every one of them has a whale or 3 in em ...
its just way easier to ketch a whale crappie where there are ALOT more of them
why do ya think the "serious" folks all travel to east texas or miss ..etc ... hammer

Re: What Lake? What Lake? [Re: ACAMS] #10184971 08/03/14 01:52 PM
K
Ketchn Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
Originally Posted By: ACAMS
Yep .... west of I-45 the crappie are like the trees.
mesquite crappie.

but some are like live oaks out there brother ....
granted you gots turn over ALOT of rocks to find one ... rolfmao

Re: What Lake? What Lake? [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10185218 08/03/14 04:14 PM
Tommy Ezell Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I'm on the fence here. PM ing actual lake may be best. For instance did ya''ll see LOP last winter. Probably 3 boats share info and the other hundred well you know. Just saying.

I have shared all info but I think I'll start leaving the lakes names up to the readers imagination.

It is however nice to know what lakes are supposedly on fire so I can stay clear of them. nuts

Last edited by Tommy Ezell; 08/03/14 04:19 PM.
Re: What Lake? What Lake? [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10185277 08/03/14 04:58 PM
J
Jeff_W Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
im just wondering how guides at cedar creek stay in business ...... do they blindfold their clients and swear the customers to secreasy! They seem to be doing fine!

Re: What Lake? What Lake? [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10186463 08/04/14 03:41 AM
F
Fishbonz Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Why do we post our catches??Why do we take the time to take photo shots of all the fish we catch??? Because we as Crappie anglers (IMHO) aren't satisfied with just catching fish we have to Gloat and have other crappie anglers that are not as skilled,or successful, give Kudos to us & pat on the back and tell us how great we are so we can feel good about what we `ve done.But God forbid if someone should ask where we had such success.I look at it this way Crappie were here before I was here and will be here long after I have left this earth & the places I`ve traversed will be traversed by others whether I tell them or not someone else wil fish my favorite fishing spot.If I can be of help to anyone as far as catching a fish or telling them where I was blessed by the almighty to have my success I will have no problem doing so because believe it or not I was not born with a rod & reel in my hand someone had to show me how and at some point in time had to tell me where to go but I still had to Catch them.To all those of you who find it so important to be COVERT about your locations why not just be COVERT about the whole experience.What if nobody acknowledged your success or gave you all the ackolades and pats on the back or took the sweetness out of your grapes? It`s just a fact Someone will always want to ask where you caught a fish. 2cents

Last edited by Fishbonz; 08/04/14 03:48 AM.

HE aka Fishbonz
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide