Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Spider Rigging on Palestine #10169985 07/28/14 03:36 AM
P
piscatur non solum piscator Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
P
Fishing docks is definitely not my favorite way to fish for crappie. In fact, I just flat out refuse to do it. So the idea of dropping several lines in the water and hanging them over the side of the boat while dragging multiple baits through the water doesn't hold a great deal of appeal to me either. That being said, there is absolutely nothing wrong with sitting on a dock or shooting a dock from your boat. There's also nothing wrong with a slow steady drift over crappie habitats and enjoying time spent with friends on the water and enjoying the sport we enjoy so much. This post is a whimsical look at what can happen if you let go of predefined methods and can embrace unconventionality and relax and have a good time.

What started out as a challenge to Ketchn to prove which of us could ketch more crappie in a mock tournament turned into another crazy adventure among crappie fishing fanatic friends.

Walbananut, Ketchn, Jpenwell and I went fishing this weekend. Jerry is an avid and seasoned bass fisherman who could not believe that Walbananut and I would fish for crappie using short rods, light line and small and lightweight jigs. He coined the term "fairy wands" to describe our lightweight tackle and cautioned us not to bring our Barbie poles on our next trip to Palestine in our search for bigger crappie. Ketchn was exempt from this warning because Ketchn is, well, he is, Ketchn; and he uses all manner of crazy tackle at any given moment anyway. Walbananut, who would not be deterred, brought along a Spiderman 2' 6" all-in-one rod and reel that he bought at Walmart as a gift for a young fishing friend. What started out as a mere symbolic statement and funny moment at the start of our fishing trip turned somewhat serious when Jerry questioned Russell's ability to catch 2lb crappie with it in deep water on thick and gnarly brush. When Russell declared that it could indeed be done Jerry's response was that it couldn't which was followed by a rousing round of yes it can, no it can't. The last straw was when Jerry uttered the words "wanna bet?" So it began.

Russell put on what could only be described as an expert's clinic on how to catch big crappie using a tiny Shakespeare rod and reel decorated with the Marvel Comics hero Spiderman. To be fair, it took him about half an hour to get accustomed to the feel for using a 30" rod and he didn't catch anything for about thirty minutes. But, then again, Jerry and I hadn't caught anything either. Russell struck first and very quickly caught three fish at our first location. When we finally gave up and moved along, Russell went into high gear. He very calmly and very politely asked for the net and he did it again and again and again. Jerry and I were stunned, outfished and awestruck by the events unfolding before our very eyes. Russell removed any doubt from Jerry's mind that it could indeed be done. Right about now, some of you may be wondering what happened to Ketchn. He didn't show up until later and had the privilege of looking over a very full and very healthy ice chest laden with a half dozen 2lb crappie when he finally arrived.

When Ketchn finally got in the boat I decided that I had to give the Spiderman fishing pole a try. To make it fair, I used the exact same jigs and jig bodies that Russell had used. They were 1/32oz sickle hook round unpainted jig heads from Crazy Angler Tackle and Lil' Fry jig bodies from Thermocline Lures (The Go To and Silver Flash) fished in tandem. If anyone remembers, this was also to be the second round of a challenge that I had previously issued to Ketchn. We went at it and I fished right next to him with Jerry on the bow and Russell at the stern keeping an eye on us. I began to immediately sling fish into the boat in a hurried and gleeful manner while Ketchn started digging through his jig bag in a lost and rather frantic manner.

After a couple of hours of catching two fish to his every one (and doing it with a Spiderman pole) I hung the jigs on the gnarly brush lurking in the depths below and broke the line. It was at this point that I handed the tiny weapon over to Ketchn. He declined. He refused to use it. We goaded, bullied and taunted him, but he wouldn't do it. So I picked up my 5' 6" lightning rod paired with a Mitchell 310pro spinning reel and continued our challenge. Ketchn took advantage of the equipment change and my adjustment period and he began to put on a show of his own. It was the Ketchn Show, filled with non-stop hooting and hollering, bouncing around in the boat followed with several cries of "Yeah baby!! He was in pure Ketchn mode and fish were flying in every direction. I was somewhat concerned that his late comeback may seal a victory for him. But something happened that caused him to honestly and sincerely concede that I had indeed bested him. Even though yella bass and perch didn't count, we never mentioned what would happen if someone accidently caught a trophy largemouth.

As usual, I fish with a 1/16oz chartreuse Roadrunner and a Crappie Thunder jig body in refrigerator white. I've caught more big crappie and more big fish in general using this combination than any other jig combination I use. So, once again, thank you Wally Marshall for helping me catch a few rather big crappie and one enormous largemouth. (9 pounds 4 ounces.) Jerry politely informed me that it was a trophy and quite frankly a fish of a lifetime. I was pleased that he now considers me a real fisherman and that Mark and Russell were there to lend a hand in a memorable fight and release of a very nice fish.

I'm not going to win over the support of many tackle sponsors by repeatedly emphasizing the fact that it's not the rod, reel, line or lure that catches the fish. It's the nut behind the reel. By all means use any brand and size tackle that you like. Fish using whichever tactics you enjoy and suit your fishing style. Just remember that "there's more to fishing than catching fish" and that you should try to have a tremendous amount of fun while doing it. Don't let anyone sell you on the idea that you can only catch a crappie using a certain lure or a certain type of rod. They're little fish and a big one might weigh three pounds. Although, I hope to one day be fortunate enough to catch a trophy crappie and I still haven't found that three pounder yet. Fishing with friends is reward enough for me. Here's hoping that you get to go fishing often and soon!

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10170025 07/28/14 04:04 AM
C
Catfish-hunter Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Well said and congrats to all. Great job buddies. The good,bad and ugly(you choose who is who) had a great time together. That's what it's all about! Congrats again!

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10170029 07/28/14 04:07 AM
L
lookingfor25 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
Very nice story and very nice fish! You guys always seem to have a good time!

Living for God, family and the great outdoors.
Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10170034 07/28/14 04:16 AM
J
jpenwell Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
thumb flehan

Pepop's Lake Palestine Jig's web page is now online. Click Logo above

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: jpenwell] #10170182 07/28/14 11:38 AM
Bobcat1 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Nice story Daniel! Great catch thumb That's a big ol' bass too.

Bobby Barnett

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10170202 07/28/14 11:54 AM
K
Ketchn Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
that my dear bud was the hoot of a lifetime right there on EVERY level ....
our host an hostess for the trip were just the best folks ever thumb
to say it wasn't a stupid special event would be a massive understatement
the bream off the dock were ridiculous fun clap
7 folks drinking a few cold drinks havin a bream tourney off the dock in the afternoon was really fun bannana2
but the icing on the cake without a doubt was seeing Mrs Whale break water
when you said hey ketchn move your rod I gots a big kitty on ....
I was like yeah whatever bro .... hammer
and she blew the water up right on cue eeks
I thunk 4 grown men was gunna wet their pants right then and there rolfmao
I have to say after the high flying act she was sure fast to the net on the ole buggy whip brother clap
good golly miss molly what fish there sir woot
good thing you went with your "heavy" equipment on that one ....
I am thinkin the ole SPIDEY rig might have failed on her
hammer

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10170204 07/28/14 11:57 AM
K
Ketchn Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
and just imagine some other lucky angler enjoying her again thumb
what a toad my friend
KABO O O O O OM

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10170205 07/28/14 11:57 AM
B
BASSIC Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Awesome.

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10170207 07/28/14 11:59 AM
S
Sangelle Offline
Angler
Angler
S
Great story but it will take ketchup a week to read it the way he writes!

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10170212 07/28/14 12:05 PM
K
Ketchn Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
and I even managed a selfy or 17 along the way as well bannana2
KABOOM slinger

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10170213 07/28/14 12:10 PM
K
Ketchn Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
hey where is mister/mrs whale kitty ?....you forgot the other whale photo ?
the host managed a right dandy blue kitty as well ....
probably 20 ish it looked like to me clap
what an awesome adventure
them fajitas and refreshments were simply ridiculous
along with the ketchn of fish .....my my my ....
what a deal Lucille lizard
yum yum yum

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10170241 07/28/14 12:26 PM
J
jig master Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Awesome !! Great story and nice catch !!

Don't believe everything you hear and half of what you see . Living for the Thump !!
Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10170278 07/28/14 12:48 PM
J
jpenwell Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
Great friends, great food, great fishing, great fun..........priceless. Plus another great clinic on the water by this crew of fish ketchn machines. Thanks for visitin guys. cheers

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10170280 07/28/14 12:49 PM
K
Ketchn Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
and them brim off the dock were simply amazing as well thumb
man did we have a hoot with them critters
bull bluegill on super lites
I brung a less then 4 foot out for them
man could they bend that lil whipper snapper clap
KABOOM

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10170314 07/28/14 01:06 PM
C
cjcrappie Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
I love this story!!! I wish I had friends I could share these type of unforgetable stories. Oh Yeah, and catch fish...

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: jig master] #10170317 07/28/14 01:08 PM
C
cva34 Offline
Angler
Angler
C
Great story,photos and facts.Most fishermen got that Idea, Gota have this & that high dollar or you won't (can't ) catch fish..(Kinda like the Teenager thats gota have this NAME Brand or they can't go to school)..Growing up I caught many fish on Kite string with a willow limb pole with bottle cork for float..and fishing on bottom a sparkplug for weight..That SPIDERMAN would have been the Ultimate .Yea I'm spoiled now too but not with Name brands but Quality equipment

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10170426 07/28/14 01:55 PM
T
tboxfish Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
banana
Great story and even greater adventure I'm sure!
Congrats on the PIG! Big bass are a blast on lite tackle clap

(Note to self) Never challenge Russell to a fishing duel duel rolfmao rolfmao
And to think, crapicat was wasting time in Mexico loco rolfmao

Todd Box
THERMOCLINE LURES
"Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
www.thermoclinelures.com/shop

Todd's Crappie Tutorial Trips
Cell 903-588-0129
Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10170600 07/28/14 03:18 PM
H
Hookn_Stix Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
Fun times... I guess we must have just missed you guys. We might have caught a ton more if we weren't playing in your leftovers. Fun read, thanks for sharing.

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: Hookn_Stix] #10171064 07/28/14 06:17 PM
K
Ketchn Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
Originally Posted By: Hookn_Stix
Fun times... I guess we must have just missed you guys. We might have caught a ton more if we weren't playing in your leftovers. Fun read, thanks for sharing.

we seen a boat out in open water on what looked like a brushpile area to me
might have been yawl .....
we didn't get any over 2 on crappie yesterday ...I think 1/15 was our big fish
we had to weigh one kuz someone said it wasn't near 2 ....
I said hmmmmmm ...maybe put an actual digital scale on it ....
looks pretty close to me
but to be sure it was fun fun fun....4 big ole boys hootin it up like kidz
lots a bla bla bla in our boat I promise rolfmao

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10171084 07/28/14 06:24 PM
K
Ketchn Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
and for sure I measured and tossed back so many 10.125 fish it was ridiculous hammer
KABOOM

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10171086 07/28/14 06:24 PM
B
benp Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
lol great times loos like!

I only fish on days that end in Y!

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: cjcrappie] #10171351 07/28/14 07:55 PM
P
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
P
Originally Posted By: cjcrappie
I love this story!!! I wish I had friends I could share these type of unforgetable stories. Oh Yeah, and catch fish...

cjcrappie,

Finding a good friend isn't an easy task and it's a little harder to find a good friend who likes to fish. I have many friends who like to catch fish but who don't really know how to fish and when they do catch some they only know how to catch fish by rote. In other words, if you change the variables on them, they either can't find a fish or don't know any other way to look for them. Also, they would never even consider to ask why fish tend to be in certain areas and exhibit certain behaviors at certain times of the year. If you spend time on the water and keep your eyes open I'm thinking you might run into another fishing fanatic and maybe make a new friend.

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10171447 07/28/14 08:36 PM
K
Ketchn Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
you know mister PNSP when mister Jerry said take a picture of the spider rig by one of them 10 lb bass on my wall the nite before the monster bass ....
I should a seen the writing on that there wall ..... hammer
to hilarious brother ...what a great time ...
soon my friend soon again .... thumb

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10171467 07/28/14 08:44 PM
K
Ketchn Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
man oh man what a lil fishy bro .. rolfmao
KABOOM brother thumb

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10172130 07/29/14 12:38 AM
P
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
P
Russell and I actually had a conversation including the consideration of which kids fishing rod would work better. Spider-Man or Iron Man? I decided that the Hulk fishing pole was best. Keeping in touch with one's inner child is great isn't it?

After all, that is what we are really doing isn't it? Something about the older we get the more expensive our toys become comes to mind.

Have fun!

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: Ketchn] #10172632 07/29/14 03:38 AM
P
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
P
Originally Posted By: Ketchn
man oh man what a lil fishy bro .. rolfmao
KABOOM brother thumb
Ketchn,

That picture reminds me of a couple of interesting things. One, the rod but was broken and is now held together with a combination of duct tape and JBWeld. Two, Jerry mentioned that he was concerned that he didn't hear my drag screaming when that fish took off and ran. It is broken. It's a bit of a design flaw. The halo shroud around the spool makes it difficult to use the diamond shaped line keeper on the spool. So I frequently remove the spool to snap the line in place on the line keeper. By doing so, bent and broke the little metal piece that clicks when the drag gives. I'm looking for a new rod and have been meaning to go to BassPro to get another identical one. It broke when I slipped on the bank in my kayak and grabbed the rod while it was resting in the rod holder. I've got another spool on order from Purefishing. Purefishing has several brands which include Penn, Pflueger and Mitchell.

I also heard rumor that some may have a hard time believing that we caught many, many big crappie using a Spiderman pole. All I can say is that if you'd like to witness it first hand, just take me to your deep water, gnarly brush pile and I'll be happy to demonstrate.

Peace all!

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10172661 07/29/14 03:56 AM
J
jpenwell Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
noideaPNSP no need to drive all the way to Bass Pro. Think I noticed a sale at walmart on the pink barbie poles.

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: jpenwell] #10172691 07/29/14 04:22 AM
W
walbananut Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
W
Jerry,
Had a super time at your place this weekend. You and your wife are very generous and accommodating. The fishing on your lake is epic. I can't say enough. The fact you put up with Ketchen PNSP and myself in your boat at the same time is a testament to your patience. Russell

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: walbananut] #10172701 07/29/14 04:33 AM
P
pepop Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: walbananut
Jerry,
Had a super time at your place this weekend. You and your wife are very generous and accommodating. The fishing on your lake is epic. I can't say enough. The fact you put up with Ketchen PNSP and myself in your boat at the same time is a testament to your patience. Russell

Yep, Jerry's a rock! grin next time you 3 are able to get back down here at the same time, if I have a couple days notice, maybe I can turn loose & join you. With the wife improving every day, a half day on the lake shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited by pepop; 07/29/14 04:38 AM.
Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10172717 07/29/14 04:48 AM
J
jpenwell Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
thumbPepop that'll be a hoot. And Russell it was our pleasure. Lookin forward to the next adventure. But as he said in Jaws, "I think I need a bigger boat".

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10172811 07/29/14 10:16 AM
P
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
P
Jerry,

Next time maybe you can help Ketchn figure out how to find some bigger fish? He was the only one without a 2lb crappie, you had one, I had two and Russell had three. But that was Saturday and Ketchn didn't hit the boat until Sunday. I was wondering why we didn't just put that big ugly green fish back in the water right away. You tournament guys are funny about that. I'll bring out a couple of scale weights and calibrate yours so you can be within a gram or two of the certified bench scales next time you feel the need to weigh a fish.

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10172884 07/29/14 11:31 AM
K
Ketchn Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
interesting memory PNSP on the crappie fish sizes for sure rolfmao
but one needs to remember what makes one happy I spose breakdance
I didn't see a fish in the bunch that beat this one and I think mister spidey himself ketched it
but it is what it is .....I spose lizard
KABOOM

and when I got in trouble for sliming the seat while I put the other big crappie of the day beside mine I couldn't see a notable difference ...
but old age does play tricks on ones mind ya know hammer
KABOOM

please don't get ketched up ....in the mine is bigger than yours gig
that starts to remind me of them ole boys that do that race around the lake thing
and hurry up its almost time ..... bang
that for sure isn't what I am about brother thumb

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10172901 07/29/14 11:55 AM
P
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
P
Guess I'm gonna hafta just prove it then...

Besides you were the one measuring one fish against the other. And I believe you were the one needing to get the scale to check and see. You are the one with a magic camera adding dimension to the "size" of the fish. You are the one with the yella rose fish in your signature. And you are the one with the "whales" moniker. You carry a fistful of rods with you and have so many types of jigs that you can't find the one you are looking for. I fish with one rod and have three different jig bodies that I use. You used to get upset with me for throwing 11" fish back in the water. You haven't out fished me yet. I can't teach you any more about fishing when you are so wrapped up in "Ketchn" that you wouldn't even try to use the little fishing pole.

Keep to your long rods that need a sleeve to protect them and special jigs that guarantee more fish. Good luck Ketchn! Maybe I'll see you on the water one day. Or in a commercial for fishing tackle or on an episode of Duck Dynasty.

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10172907 07/29/14 12:04 PM
P
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
P
You weighed one fish and make a statement about fish you didn't catch or weigh? You my friend have become much like your detractors. Caught up in the pettiness of it all. They are LITTLE fish and a big one might weigh three pounds.

I can have a replica fish made to hang on my wall too. But I'll just catch em an leave the trophies to folks like you Ketchn.

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10172982 07/29/14 12:43 PM
K
Ketchn Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
here in lies the truth .....someone else said they wasnt near 2 pounds ....and to go get the scale
not me brother
I think your memory is fading a bit there my bud rolfmao
as far as equipment goes ....MO IZ BETTER lizard
besides if I get a ride to east texas I am lucky to git to go ketchn one day
I aint the one that got to go on 4 trips on that water
I been on that lake 2 times total my brother .....so playimg with a spiderman pole wasn't my gig
and the lil black rod cost me a zillion fish early in the day
things sure changed when the 8 foot bonehead came out didn't they
about a dozen plus on every drop under the bridge and then everyone wants to go find some fish ?
yeah ok lets go try to find fish rolfmao
aint it funny how some remember things all different than others hammer
hahaha
and KABOOM slinger
and in the end I do think when I laid mine besides Russels biggest crappie fish I had it by a bit
all the crying about the fish slime kept me from looking really close ....
so BIG CRAPPIE OF THAT TRIP WAS KETCHED BY lil ole who again ? bannana2
and the numbers of crappie I do imagine if someone kept count on them past "some" of yawl up in the long stretch
so race away lil rabbits and watch the turtle win the race is what I got to say scared
ps if yella bass and bream don't count ...then big ole green trash fish don't count neither
and besides I got big bluegill a the day as well
rolfmao rolfmao rolfmao
I aint just an aggravator or agitator ...I am also the ketchnator breakdance

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10173038 07/29/14 01:14 PM
J
jpenwell Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
Never got the wedding invitation. They must have eloped. argue

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: Ketchn] #10173041 07/29/14 01:16 PM
W
walbananut Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
W
" How bout them Rangers ! "

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: walbananut] #10173057 07/29/14 01:24 PM
K
Ketchn Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
Originally Posted By: walbananut
" How bout them Rangers ! "

now onto the serious business .....that was super nice gesture brother
I know donating that ice chest to mister you know who TFF buddy .....
made for a super sink full of fillets my friend ,,,,
to help fish fry up his family reunion is really kewl stuff thumb
I got a picture of a bunch of gallon bags full clap
and a thank you all for the generosity as well
that added part made the trip very special for sure as well cheers

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10173074 07/29/14 01:35 PM
P
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
P
Ketchn,

I whipped you with a Spider-Man pole. Standing right next to you yanking fish out of the water. I let you back in the game because I didn't want to make you feel bad. Remember, after proving my point that I was laying down on the bench seat using your jig bag for a pillow. If I'd have stayed right next to you and kept fishing the sweet spots you'd have been thoroughly humiliated.

Your memory must be fading...

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10173111 07/29/14 01:52 PM
P
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
P
You weighed a fish (that you picked) and had been on ice overnight later washed down and thrown on the hot concrete for a while then put back on ice. It was still within an ounce of pounds. I didn't need to weigh it to tell you that it was two pounds. I also didn't compare my fish to yours. That's your program. Those fish were filleted so I'll just have to take the next ones to a certified scale for you and send you proof. But you still won't believe that I whipped you with a kiddie fishing pole. You get you a longer pro boner rod and keep trying there bud.

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10173306 07/29/14 03:25 PM
Bobcat1 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
popcorn

Bobby Barnett

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10173384 07/29/14 04:01 PM
K
Ketchn Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
silly me thunk you laid down for a nap kuz all you was ketchn was brush after a small fish fest under the bridge first thing and tying on jigs
while I was ketchn fish when we hit the open water brush
as far as you handing it to me ...
I think you already mentioned my come back in the first post
but in the end I am flattered for sure
rolfmao
keep on trying though ....
one can only git better competing against ones that ARE better ....hehehe
practice makes perfect they say ... OMG
KABOOM slinger

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10173492 07/29/14 04:48 PM
P
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
P
If the fish you catch were only half as big as your ego has become some of that might be true...

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10173497 07/29/14 04:51 PM
P
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
P
You're gonna need a bigger jig bag and more rods if you think you can beat me. Might look into a bigger hat while you are at it. Ketchn Challenge III? Myth meets reality if you ain't scared!

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10173527 07/29/14 05:02 PM
P
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
P
Look at it as another opportunity for you to practice getting better. This time I won't tell you about the bigger fish sitting by the brush and waiting for you to finally catch one before I start fishing again.

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10173542 07/29/14 05:13 PM
D
dwmoore Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
D
Piscatur let me know when you want to fish with no bs Im ready I know Palestine and got two rods on 3 baits and ready to break some to lead .Darrell

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10173569 07/29/14 05:25 PM
C
Chinquapin Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
I think Rocky III - I mean Ketchn challenge - needs to happen. This is fun reading.
KISS - nothing but crappie count (that was a nice ditch pickle though PNSP) forget big fish, they don't eat any better than the small ones. Total weight of legal fish caught during same time period. Get it on!

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: Chinquapin] #10173611 07/29/14 05:50 PM
P
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
P
I bet Billy appreciated or will appreciate that ugly largemouth. If you haven't already shown him the picture please do.

Ketchn is my good friend. He's just a little confused right now. Gone Hollywood and needs an intervention before he ends up in rehab or something. Another good buggy whippin should help him get back to the awesome angler he really is, or at least that he used to be.

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10173878 07/29/14 08:14 PM
K
Ketchn Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
now wait just a minute ...
I wasn't the one that brung the "Hollywood" fajita marinated beef mister rolfmao
mister outback duck diner kitchen person bannana2
sure wish you could fish/ketch like you can cook brother OMG
I would have my work cut out for me on that trip fur shur ......... breakdance
KABOOM
...got ta go ...ketchn in the rain ...
later yawl bolt

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10174296 07/29/14 11:26 PM
C
crappiecat1 Offline
Angler
Angler
C
great read. wtg

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10174653 07/30/14 01:34 AM
horton5303 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Very Nice Bass PNSP! Looks like you guys had a great time! thumb

DriftAway Charters Fishing Trips. South Padre Island, Texas. Bay fishing at it's finest! Call 956-505-9500 to book your trip. https://southpadrefishingtrips.com/
Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10175049 07/30/14 03:44 AM
P
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
P
Thanks for the invite dwmoore! Palestine is an awesome lake. Makes me kind of wonder why or when I would fish anywhere else.

Thanks for all the kind comments everyone. We really did have a GREAT time.

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10175203 07/30/14 11:14 AM
K
Ketchn Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
without a doubt a GREAT time thumb
hope to go do that kinda thing more often clap
the food fish and company were the best cheers

Re: Spider Rigging on Palestine [Re: piscatur non solum piscator] #10175437 07/30/14 01:52 PM
J
jpenwell Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
PSNP you oughtta invite dw and company to meet up with us when you boys come back down here. Could make for an interesting day on the water and a lively "buccaneer" happy hour. Plus maybe I could get this translated, "got two rods on 3 baits and ready to break some to lead". Sounds interesting but.....huh? Any body that appreciates that #3 is the best beer of the day is my kind of people. Even if its just 9 in the morning according to Stucky's post on another thread.
Originally Posted By: piscatur non solum piscator
Thanks for the invite dwmoore! Palestine is an awesome lake. Makes me kind of wonder why or when I would fish anywhere else.

Thanks for all the kind comments everyone. We really did have a GREAT time.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide