Forums59
Topics1,039,273
Posts13,962,048
Members144,197
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: What is wrong with Lake Amistad !?!?!? [Re: Donald Harper] #10168281 07/27/14 01:08 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted By: Donald Harper
Originally Posted By: grout-scout
Originally Posted By: STEVE B
I think i know the whole story, if we start being peckerheads to all bass fishermen that embellish stories , were in trouble....

True I suppose, I prefer information from guys who don't do that and if you're going to lie then you need proof because you know with the Internet these days people will get the truth.

I truly hope no one believes you. People tell lies because they have something to gain. I certainly have nothing to gain by telling a lie about how I fish, what I have caught fish on or where I have seen fish on Amistad. I am not a guide so I have nothing to gain there.

I sell a few baits on here which are the best I can build like the ones I have won tournaments on; but I make no money on them if you consider the time that it takes to customize one of them. So I have nothing to gain there and have not fished a tournament in almost a year. I try to show a few pictures of some of the fish caught on the baits in recent years so people understand they still will get the job done.

Some of you guys have called me out on the wording of "Major Tournaments" won. A major tournament to me is winning tournaments with $2,000 or more first place. I have fished a few FLW events on Amistad but did not win, place or show so no misconception there. I stopped fishing them because all the Ranger boat owners filled all the spots.

I book a few drive in trips to Mexico and only charge the expense of the trip. I take the hickey on the wear and tear on the truck and boat; so nothing to gain there except getting to go. If they didn't have a good time and catch plenty of bass I will gladly give them 1/3 of their money back which is my part of the trip.

OH and being under the assumption that the mile marker buoys are placed a mile apart is an honest mistake not a lie.

Who says I was talking about you? I did not mention your name in my post. Ok back to discussing why Amistad now is fishing slow.

JC, awesome on the smallmouth! Were there any largemouth mixed in with them or just the small mouths?

Last edited by grout-scout; 07/27/14 01:11 PM.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: What is wrong with Lake Amistad !?!?!? [Re: UsCav28] #10169630 07/28/14 01:14 AM
G
Gary D Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
G
Fished it yesterday pm and this am. Yesterday 1 dink. Today 7. 4 keepers. Biggest @3 lbs. Better than Id done in a long time. All top water. smile

Wishin I was fishin! NOW, right now!
Re: What is wrong with Lake Amistad !?!?!? [Re: The Amistad Man] #10169684 07/28/14 01:34 AM
F
fishnfireman Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
Originally Posted By: The Amistad Man
Originally Posted By: Manchu
So JC.....where ya caching em? nuts

I have a couple of little grass beds that are holding a few, and some ledges in the mouth of the devils.

On a positive note the record low water levels have had one positive to them. I found 2 deep points close together on the main lake that gave up 17 smallmouth over the course of 11 days. no big ones but did have one around 3 or so. It was surprising for me because I have caught a few out of the main lake over the years, and have heard of some occasionally being caught in the main lake, but never like that. I think the record lows may have forced some out of the rivers and into the main lake.

Respectfully,

Jc Gwynne

That is interesting -- but make sense-- In all my years at Amistad I can only recall catching a handful of smallies on the main lake.

Re: What is wrong with Lake Amistad !?!?!? [Re: fishnfireman] #10169708 07/28/14 01:42 AM
9094 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: fishnfireman

I have a couple of little grass beds that are holding a few, and some ledges in the mouth of the devils.

On a positive note the record low water levels have had one positive to them. I found 2 deep points close together on the main lake that gave up 17 smallmouth over the course of 11 days. no big ones but did have one around 3 or so. It was surprising for me because I have caught a few out of the main lake over the years, and have heard of some occasionally being caught in the main lake, but never like that. I think the record lows may have forced some out of the rivers and into the main lake.

Respectfully,

Jc Gwynne

That is interesting -- but make sense-- In all my years at Amistad I can only recall catching a handful of smallies on the main lake.

I have just been reading this thread with humor until now. I can assure you that JC knows more about Amistad than you will ever know. I don't claim to know much about it but even I have caught several smallmouth on the main lake.
You need to learn a little respect and know who you are calling out. JC is the best guide on that lake.

Last edited by 9094; 07/28/14 01:44 AM.
Re: What is wrong with Lake Amistad !?!?!? [Re: UsCav28] #10169713 07/28/14 01:45 AM
B
Black Dallas Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
the last time i was at amistad was last early summer. 50' low was unreal for me. ive only went the last several years. we launch out of rough canyon. the bluff bite was the only consistent bite i could get on for big fish. it seemed better if you could find a little ledge stickling out of it somewhere down the bluff. football jigs was the ticket right along the bluffs.

Re: What is wrong with Lake Amistad !?!?!? [Re: 9094] #10169728 07/28/14 01:51 AM
F
fishnfireman Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
Originally Posted By: 9094
Originally Posted By: fishnfireman

Respectfully,

Jc Gwynne

I have just been reading this thread with humor until now. I can assure you that JC knows more about Amistad than you will ever know. I don't claim to know much about it but even I have caught several smallmouth on the main lake.
You need to learn a little respect and know who you are calling out. JC is the best guide on that lake.

Sir if you are referring to what I wrote..
Maybe I should re-print what you THINK I said--- Or you should re-read it...I was agreeing with what JC wrote.

I fail to see how that was "calling out" anyone

Re: What is wrong with Lake Amistad !?!?!? [Re: UsCav28] #10169853 07/28/14 02:37 AM
S
STEVE B Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Didnt see call out on that either...

team BY -GOD. [Linked Image]
Re: What is wrong with Lake Amistad !?!?!? [Re: UsCav28] #10169873 07/28/14 02:44 AM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Nope, no call out from my interpretation either. What's the current level of the lake? My buddy has a house in Box Canyon and we used to go all the time but for the last year he hasn't felt like going, I guess he misses the glory days too much.

Re: What is wrong with Lake Amistad !?!?!? [Re: UsCav28] #10169888 07/28/14 02:54 AM
9094 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Fishenfire
You right you left the "s" off the end of the word make and I read it wrong. Has a lot different meaning when it says "makes sense" instead of "make sense".

Re: What is wrong with Lake Amistad !?!?!? [Re: grout-scout] #10169973 07/28/14 03:29 AM
The Amistad Man Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
JC, awesome on the smallmouth! Were there any largemouth mixed in with them or just the small mouths?
[/quote]

one of the points gave up 2 little dinks, only one day out of the 11. so I would say no which is interesting to me because the whole reason I checked those points to begin with, is they have been good to me over the years for holding a few decent ones on each each point. but never did find any but definitely had a blast with them 2 of those days I had kids on the boat and they were catching them on a little square bill my friend painted for me on spinning rods. so they put up a good little fight it was cool to see.

[Linked Image]
Cast Away Guide Service
www.theamistadman.com
www.soblures.com
www.dobynsrods.com
River Street Lodging

Re: What is wrong with Lake Amistad !?!?!? [Re: 9094] #10169984 07/28/14 03:35 AM
F
fishnfireman Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
Originally Posted By: 9094
Fishenfire
You right you left the "s" off the end of the word make and I read it wrong. Has a lot different meaning when it says "makes sense" instead of "make sense".

Sorry.

Re: What is wrong with Lake Amistad !?!?!? [Re: UsCav28] #10169991 07/28/14 03:40 AM
The Amistad Man Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
9094, thank you for the kind words, I understood what he meant and did not take it negatively. Heck that's the great thing about this sport due to what seems like an overwhelming amount of changing variables we as fisherman face, perfection is unattainable therefore our pursuit of it is never ending !

Respectfully,

Jc Gwynne

[Linked Image]
Cast Away Guide Service
www.theamistadman.com
www.soblures.com
www.dobynsrods.com
River Street Lodging

Re: What is wrong with Lake Amistad !?!?!? [Re: The Amistad Man] #10170006 07/28/14 03:50 AM
F
fishnfireman Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
9094, thank you for the kind words, I understood what he meant and did not take it negatively. Heck that's the great thing about this sport due to what seems like an overwhelming amount of changing variables we as fisherman face, perfection is unattainable therefore our pursuit of it is never ending !

Respectfully,

Jc Gwynne

now that's what I call fishing fish.
several years ago JC put me on a Yo- Yo rattle trap bite that won some money banana

Last edited by fishnfireman; 07/28/14 03:52 AM.
Re: What is wrong with Lake Amistad !?!?!? [Re: UsCav28] #10170012 07/28/14 03:53 AM
S
spinnerbaitOU812 Offline
Angler
Angler
S
I truly hope the TFF does the right thing and bans all you guys that made those horrible comments. That was so uncalled for. If any of you jerks had any clue of what was going on at Amistad I would be in shock. Mr. Harper has been fishing this lake for a long time and any information he gives you should be glad to get. His info is important, bass are creatures of habit. He has won more tournaments on this lake than all of you put together could hope to win. Mr. Harper I am sorry that in this sport that we love there has to be those kind of people.

TFF PLEASE TEACH THESE JERKS A LESSON IN MANNERS AND BAN THEM !!!!!!

Last edited by spinnerbaitOU812; 07/28/14 03:59 AM.
Re: What is wrong with Lake Amistad !?!?!? [Re: Donald Harper] #10170019 07/28/14 04:01 AM
F
fishnfireman Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
[quote=Donald Harper ) OH and being under the assumption that the mile marker buoys are placed a mile apart is an honest mistake not a lie. [/quote]

OK Friend-- We keep trying to tell you-- I don't know who started calling them that--- They are NOT mile marker buoys... They are CHANNEL MARKER buoys. If you will look at a lake map it will tell you what they are. The map will also give you the mileage from the dam which does not correspond with the number on the channel marker.
They were placed to mark the River channel, which in the case of Amistad is also the international boundary. They are strategically placed where the river channel (international boundary) makes a turn. Yes they are numbered---however that has nothing to do with there distance from anywhere... Simply a navigational aid.
Although some might be about a mile apart. Others are obviously not even close..

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide