Print Thread
bank fishing for crappie #6979734 12/27/11 02:40 PM
J
jasoniam Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
J
hey guys i normally fish fm 661 for crappie or otherwise known as jp creek....it is far from me....does anyone know of any other good spots in the mid cities north dallas area that are producing....looked on the bank fishing map and cant find anything.....let me know...!!!

[Linked Image]
Re: bank fishing for crappie [Re: jasoniam] #6980283 12/27/11 05:29 PM
C
crnerblitz Offline
Angler
Angler
C
Hey Jason. Most fishermen won't willingly give up a good spot to someone they don't know. It is different on TFF though, people are a lot friendlier. Without lots of information its very hard to help you out and some of the best spots will take you on a two hour tour. That is why you are most likely get the big ignore!

TEACH A MAN TO FISH. So here is what you do. Open up google maps. Now open another in sattalite view. In map view zoom in on local lakes and try to find those feeder creeks. It will show up on the map as a blue squiggle or line. Next try to find where that feeder creek crosses a road close to the lake. Now go into sattalite view and zoom way in on the road. Look for evidence of cars and trucks parking on the side of the road. You may even see a car or truck there.

Ta Da. you found a spot. Now go back to map view and zoom out. check out neiborhoods for 5 acre little ponds that have public access. there are many of them tucked in all over the cities. Ta Da you just found another spot.

Lastly, sew your lips shut incase you even think of telling someone about your new spot.

Kevin
Keep your hook wet!

Re: bank fishing for crappie [Re: jasoniam] #6988330 12/29/11 07:37 PM
K
KrazyFish Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K
I haven't fish FM 661 for a long time.
Heard rumor Los Collinas hold some good size crappies. Don't know the exact spots or which pond to fish.

-=Stop teasing me or I'll put a hook in your upper lip=-
-= FEAR NO FISH=-
Re: bank fishing for crappie [Re: jasoniam] #7120927 02/02/12 04:34 AM
N
nightmare of fish Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
N
hey yall im new to the area so i dont know the distance but ive heard that buffalo springs lake is pretty good crappie fishin. i dont have first han experiance but a bunch of my friends have recommended it for crappie. hope it helps.

ya aint dead till ya quit livin
Re: bank fishing for crappie [Re: crnerblitz] #7122340 02/02/12 05:13 PM
A
accolyte1022 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
A
Originally Posted By: crnerblitz
Hey Jason. Most fishermen won't willingly give up a good spot to someone they don't know. It is different on TFF though, people are a lot friendlier. Without lots of information its very hard to help you out and some of the best spots will take you on a two hour tour. That is why you are most likely get the big ignore!

TEACH A MAN TO FISH. So here is what you do. Open up google maps. Now open another in sattalite view. In map view zoom in on local lakes and try to find those feeder creeks. It will show up on the map as a blue squiggle or line. Next try to find where that feeder creek crosses a road close to the lake. Now go into sattalite view and zoom way in on the road. Look for evidence of cars and trucks parking on the side of the road. You may even see a car or truck there.

Ta Da. you found a spot. Now go back to map view and zoom out. check out neiborhoods for 5 acre little ponds that have public access. there are many of them tucked in all over the cities. Ta Da you just found another spot.

Lastly, sew your lips shut incase you even think of telling someone about your new spot.

"Google Earth" is a great/free program to look for spots.

Google Earth

Re: bank fishing for crappie [Re: jasoniam] #7124884 02/03/12 03:01 AM
J
jasoniam Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
J
mmm....well i have not really found the bank fishing map of any real help....its more of a directory of places to fish but nothing really works out in those spots...major wastes of time!!!!I have never caught anything over maybe a pound and a half....tried several different methods no results...,.oh well.....

[Linked Image]
Re: bank fishing for crappie [Re: jasoniam] #7124957 02/03/12 03:14 AM
T
thumbhookedagain Offline
Angler
Angler
T
google earth/maps is great, you'll find lots of places you have never noticed near where you are. expolring and finding a new spot is almost as fun as fishing it, almost!!!! do some home work, fill the truck with gas and have fun............

Re: bank fishing for crappie [Re: jasoniam] #7124991 02/03/12 03:22 AM
J
jasoniam Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
J
done that many times to no avail......getting frustrated......a buddy showed me a few things about a month ago....did great for one day...other than that.....struggling to catch even one fish.....

[Linked Image]
Re: bank fishing for crappie [Re: jasoniam] #7125064 02/03/12 03:39 AM
B
Basstoes Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
have you been to bedford boys ranch? it is about 15 mins max from irving. i dont know about crappie, but several people say they have caught bass out of there. also if you go south on beltline toward grand prarie there used to be a safari pond on the right somewhere around there. used to catch bass on spinner baits all the time. its been 15 years since i was there though.

Originally Posted By: acwil88
Originally Posted By: Ride-or-Fish
fatty has more posts than you.

I have more beer in my garage right now than you!
Re: bank fishing for crappie [Re: jasoniam] #7125241 02/03/12 04:21 AM
T
TarponFly Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
The creeks are terrible this year.....

[Linked Image]

https://CowboyNavy.org ( please sign up if you have a boat )

Contact Number 469-528-0210

Facebook- Carey Thorn Foshing Guide
Re: bank fishing for crappie [Re: jasoniam] #7125324 02/03/12 04:50 AM
M
moocowmoo Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
M
first, try california crossings. its a spillway on the elm fork of the trinity river just east of las colinas. there's a history of good production out of there. especially when the water is running over the spillway at a good clip. i've been going there since i was 15. you'll find lmb, sandies, and catfish. many other species that i have not targeted but have seen caught. if you're looking for size, i've personally seen a few 30-40 lb catfish pulled out of there and have listen to old timers swear that 60+ lbs have been caught. it's not a secret place by any means. and it's definitely not a place to take the kids for a day of fishing. there's a few gravel pits very very nearby that have produced as well. the one literally next to it has lmb, crappie, gar, etc. the one across the street has a good production of well sized crappie. i cannot emphasize enough that it's not a place for kids to hang out. i personally don't like the idea of my kids hanging around people drinking all day. although, in their defense, i have never had any problems with the people out there that do.

google maps is emphasized so much because it really is a great source of help for so many people looking for places to fish. the spots that are labeled on the Texas Google Bank Fishing map are good places to start but are in no means the only places to go. many of the guys that have been on this site for years truly do want to help people beginning to fish by doing the best thing they can - give tips and ideas and get fishermen to explore.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide